How To Enroll In Lung Stem Cell Clinical Trials
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is a lung disease affecting 16 million Americans and a leading cause of death in the United States.
There are a few drugs on the market that offer prevention or focus on alleviating the COPD symptoms.
Despite the number of people affected by it, there is still no cure for COPD.
This is why medical experts around the world are conducting numerous clinical trials and research trying to develop new ways to repair or replace damaged lung tissue.
Stem-cells clinical trials are gaining momentum in the treatment of pulmonary diseases, and the application of exogenous stem cells is at the center of one of the Mayo Clinic trials for finding a cure for COPD.
Who Can Participate in Stem Cell COPD Clinical Trials?
The clinical trial definition states that it researches a certain treatment, procedure, or drug by using humans as test subjects.
To find clinical trials that are a good fit for you, you have to consider that each COPD stem cell clinical trial has specific inclusion criteria relevant to the trial goal and procedures.
Factors like gender and race are rarely a problem. Your location is also usually not relevant to the researchers, which means that you can search for both remote and clinical trials near you.
In the table below, you can check out common criteria for COPD stem trials.
What Are the Phases of COPD Stem Cell Clinical Trials?
Full-term four-phase clinical trials take time. This is particularly emphasized in COPD trials since the focus is on finding the cure.
Any new drug could pose a safety risk for the participants, which means that the researchers cannot administer a full dose of the tested drug to over a thousand people.
COPD stem cell trials start with a pre-trial phase. It's an initial stage aiming to check if the potential treatment is harmful to humans.
Researchers test the drug on a small number of healthy participants and use only a minimal dose.
If the participants show no side-effects, the trial can proceed with its main phases.
The phases of clinical trials are:
- Phase I—Testing a small number of healthy subjects to find the highest dose that will not cause serious side-effects
- Phase II—Administering the drug to several hundred COPD patients with approximately the same symptoms. The goal is to check if the drug works on COPD
- Phase III—Studying several thousand participants in a randomized study. The participants are split into two groups—one getting the drug and the other either the placebo or the best COPD treatment available. The point is to examine if the new drug is more effective than any other treatment available on the market
- Phase IV—Examining the long-term positive effects of the drug, as well as potential side effects that occur after a few years. This phase is only possible if the drug gets the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval
Proven Methods To Find Stem Cell Clinical Trials For Lung Diseases
Once you decide to sign up for a COPD stem cell clinical trial, it is crucial to find a study from a reputable source. There are several clinical trial databases that you can use in your search:
- ClinicalTrials is the largest registry of both federally and privately supported trials. The platform provides info about studies conducted in the U.S. and globally. The registry is very detailed and includes information about every trial's goal, eligible participants, locations, and contact info
- American Lung Association offers a clinical trial listing that can help you find lung-disease clinical trials located near you
- CenterWatch Clinical is a clinical trial research center that provides patients with listings of trials that are actively recruiting participants
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has a section on its website committed to publicly supported clinical trials. The flaw is that it only covers research carried out in Bethesda
- ResearchMatch is a national clinical trial registry designed to match volunteers with researchers nationwide
If you are interested in a faster and more efficient way to get into the COPD clinical trial of your choice, the one that doesn't involve doing in-debt research on five different websites, DoNotPay is your go-to app.
DoNotPay can match you with researchers conducting medical surveys, observational studies, and full-term clinical trials of your choice—including COPD stem cell trials.
Our all-in-one platform offers an extensive database of studies that you can search based on your personal preferences, regardless of your health condition, age, or location.
Check out why DoNotPay is a far better option than the alternatives.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay To Sign Up for Stem Cell Clinical Trials for COPD?
DoNotPay is the only platform that will find the COPD stem cell trials you are eligible for using a brief survey and fully customized matching algorithm.
You choose every aspect of the trial: paid or not, remote or local, observational or interventional, with or without a placebo.
Here is how to find your trial and sign up:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Tap Clinical Trials
- Tap Get Started
- Set up your filters—you can change them anytime
- Select the COPD stem cell study you want to join
- Tap Contact
That's it. You can search for other trials since you can apply for as many as you want. We will get in touch with the research teams, and you can check the status of your application on our homepage.
DoNotPay offers useful extra options as well. Bookmark any upcoming trial to monitor it and be in the loop when it starts recruiting or set up text notifications, which will let you know as soon as another local study is posted.
Discover How DoNotPay Can Help You Out
Our award-winning app is the most efficient way of finding clinical trials, but that is not the only area DoNotPay is an expert in.
Cancel Netflix, get an Amazon Prime refund, or start the Adobe free trial with our virtual credit card. Sue United Airlines, report email harassment, deal with a stalking ex or handle pretty much anything else that is bothering you with our app.
To discover the full power of DoNotPay, open it in your .
We can help you out with:
- Getting revenge on robocall scammers
- Obtaining refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Blocking spam emails
- Dealing with credit card troubles
- Eliminating unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Avoiding phone queue when calling customer service
- Keeping yourself safe from stalking and harassment
- Booking appointments with the DMV
- Appealing parking tickets
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Taking anyone to small claims court
- Dealing with high bills
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Signing up for free trials
- Preventing scammers from texting you
- Finding clinical trials