Everything You Should Know About Mayo Clinic Clinical Trials
Mayo Clinic is a renowned nonprofit medical organization and a jewel in the crown among clinics throughout the USA. It was established in 1864 as a family business, and today it has its branches in five different states—Iowa, Florida, Arizona, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
Medical research is one of the company’s core values and it’s one of the factors that helped them reach such success.
Interested in finding out what such studies look like and perhaps in becoming a volunteer? Have a look at this article to learn about some basics that might help you make a final decision regarding your participation.
A Short Introduction to Mayo Clinical Trials
With more than 30 categories and over 12,000 clinical trials going on at all times, Mayo Clinic ranks high among other similar institutions deservedly.
The purpose of the clinical studies the organization performs is to enhance the existing treatments and discover new ones by performing additional experiments.
These procedures usually include a certain number of healthy individuals, as well as groups of people suffering from the diseases the clinic is testing medication for at the given moment. All of them are equally significant on the road to determining the benefits and potential side effects of tested medicines or therapies.
Mayo Clinic offers three types of clinical research studies:
- Observational studies—the researchers don’t subject the volunteers to any kind of treatment as the whole process lies in observing their condition and its characteristics
- Medical record studies—the researchers gather valuable information about specific illnesses by going through volunteers’ medical records and following the progress related to previous treatments
- Interventional studies—the researchers test new or improved devices, medicines, or treatments on volunteers to determine their safety level and effectiveness
What Do Clinical Trial Phases Look Like?
As per the clinical trial definition, most of them have similar structures, but some of them might differ depending on the type of study and the condition being tested. Let’s have a look at a clinical trial phases overview:
|Phase 0/Early Phase 1||The researchers perform mini-experiments including only a few participants. The tests don’t include specific treatment goals, but only going through additional elements such as X-ray, screening research, etc.|
|Phase 1||The main purpose of this stage is to find an ideal dosage for the tested drug and the best ways to implement a treatment. The researchers observe possible side effects on up to 30 participants during this phase|
|Phase 2||First preliminary results usually appear at this stage, as well as comparisons of drug effects in patients who have received the real therapy and placebo. Researchers include more participants and keep noting new findings related to factors from previous phases|
|Phase 3||Observing continues on an even larger number of contributors—up to a couple of thousands. The researchers keep comparing the achieved results with other drugs’ or therapies’ effects and make final preparations for asset approval|
What Are the Benefits of Participating in a Mayo Clinic Clinical Trial?
Having in mind the high reputation of Mayo Clinic and its experts, you can rest assured that the examination will be held in the best possible conditions and that it will comply with all prescribed rules.
The policy is flexible, and it allows you to leave the trial in case you decide that you don’t want to be a part of it anymore, as there are no contracts.
What matters even more is that, if you’re suffering from a certain condition, you’ll be among the first people who come into contact with the best and the latest treatments.
Your contribution will remain meaningful and crucial for future health improvements for the upcoming generations. Not only can you enhance the quality of your health, but you can also help people who are struggling with the same disease. It’s more like an ethical benefit, but knowing that you can be a part of a medical revolution and perhaps save the lives of hundreds of people might bring you huge satisfaction.
Looking Forward to Finding These Trials Without Googling for Hours? DoNotPay Can Help!
DoNotPay is one of the quickest solutions if you wish to find Mayo clinical trials that will suit your age, location, and other factors. You won’t need to type “clinical trials near me” and turn Google upside-down anymore as, with an advanced filter selection, your search will take less than two minutes with our app.
To try out this feature, proceed as follows:
- Run DoNotPay in your web browser
- Choose the Clinical Trials category and click on Get Started Now
- Type Mayo Clinic as a keyword in the search box and set the rest of the filters
- Click on the green View Study button once you opt for a specific trial
- Check the propositions and hit Contact Now if you want to apply for the study
Our app emails the researcher in your stead and all you need to do after that is wait until they get in touch with you, which should happen within a few days.
Alternative Ways To Find Mayo Clinical Trials
Apart from searching through the official Mayo Clinic website, you can also find the company’s clinical trials on the following platforms:
Does Mayo Clinic Pay for Clinical Trials?
Mayo Clinic hasn’t made an official statement related to whether they offer incentives for the clinical trials they perform. If you would like to find out more, make sure you contact the clinic in one of the following ways:
- By dialing the company’s toll-free numbers—800-664-4542 for non-cancer studies or 855-776-0015 for cancer-related trials
- By submitting a contact form
You can also check out the additional information provided by the researcher in the studies you’re interested in—the incentive info might be right there.
Just Wait and See What Else DoNotPay Has for You!
Did you know that thanks to DoNotPay, you can find even more clinical trials all around the USA? Our filters enable you to find clinical trials performed by various American associations and participate in clinical trials and medical surveys that suit your preferences. DoNotPay also searches for paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers in case you don’t suffer from any disease but would like to contribute to drug or therapy enhancement.
We can take care of other aspects of your life as well by helping you with:
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Getting refunds from companies
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Applying for other clinical trials
All these features are accessible through your web browser!