Fight and Win Lowell Parking Tickets Without A Lawyer
Caution is the word when parking around places such as Lowell, and that's because the city, like most other areas in Massachusetts, has a strict parking enforcement system.
Thanks to DoNotPay, gone are the days when a citation feels like some incontestable daylight robbery. Since 2016, DoNotPay has helped hundreds of thousands of people in the US win the fight against parking fines and we can help you too. If you got a parking ticket from the city of Lowell, read on!
What Could Get Me a Parking Ticket in Lowell?
Lowell has over 20 parking schedules that must be adhered to. There are also cases where offenders get multiple tickets over time or commit a combination of two or three violations in a single period of time, leading to fees close to or in excess of $100. See the common violations in the table below:
|Overnight on streets in Lowell||$25|
|Too close to a fire hydrant||$25|
|On a lawn||$25|
|In an area that says "No Parking"||$25|
|Within a tow area||$25 + vehicle towing|
|In a space that says "Reserved"||$25|
|On a pedestrian sidewalk or bicycle trail||$25|
|No UMass Lowell Decal on your car||$35|
|Beyond the time limit bought||$25|
|In obstruction of a driveway||$25|
|Parked within a clear intersection||$15|
|In a space reserved for the handicapped||$100 + vehicle towing|
|Breaking a gate||$150 -$250|
|Parking outside a designated line||$25|
|At a designated bus stop||$25|
|In an unassigned lot||$25|
|Abandoning a vehicle||$25|
|Parked at an expired parking meter||$25|
|In a lot without a guest tag displayed||$25|
|Too close to the vehicle access gate||$25|
Appealing A Citation in Lowell
Lowell makes the process of appeal easy for parking violators. You have just 21 days from the date the ticket was issued to either pay your fine or contest them. After 21 days, you will be ineligible to appeal and your ticket fine will increase by $5. The steps to contest an infraction in Lowell is:
File an Appeal
You should get a ticket appeal form within the stipulated three weeks of ticket issue. Filling your form requires you to enter:
- Your name, address, and phone number.
- The name and contact in which the vehicle is registered.
- The reason for and evidence supporting your appeal.
Submit the Appeal
Submitting the appeal within the stipulated time ensures you do not incur additional fines that can jeopardize the process of appeal. You can submit by mail or in person here. The city council is ready to take what questions you may have about the process. You can contact them at 978-674-4000.
Do You Wish to Pay the Parking Citation Instead?
With DoNotPay you get a stress free chance of success in appealing your infraction. But if you simply want to go ahead and pay the fine, here's what you need to do:
- Go to the Lowell city website
- Choose your option of payment: cash or online, through credit card.
- Proceed to make payment and if you choose to pay in person, go to
- City of Lowell City Hall - Room 30, 375 Merrimack St, Lowell, MA 01852
- All checks must be made payable to the City of Lowell
- Obtain your receipt for payment and keep it for reference purposes
You should know that you have 21 days from the date you were given a ticket to pay your fine. After 21 days, the ticket increases by $5. After 42 days, the fine will increase another $20 since the city will be flagging your vehicle with the DMV.
Common defenses against Lowell parking citations
The only thing worse than paying for an unjust ticket is fighting and losing because you had no idea how you could beat the ticket. Here are some of the common things to look out for when searching for pieces of evidence around the area you were issued a ticket. You have a case if:
- There are general errors in the ticket such as an improperly described scene of occurrence, a ticket without your registration expiry date, and a ticket improperly describing vehicle details.
- Multiple citations were issued in a space of three hours for the same offense.
- You parked due to a case of emergency.
- There are no visibly mounted signs or warnings of the parking offense now booked for.
- The ticket was served to an unregistered vehicle.
- There was a serious motor breakdown prior to the ticket issue.
Contest and Win Your Lowell Parking Citation in a Flash
For residents of Lowell, DoNotPay gifts you sweet-savory success in minutes, and our process to win any infraction is even simpler than you imagined:
- Sign-in to DoNotPay and go to the correct product
- Provide a photo of your ticket and tell us what’s wrong with it
- Give us a statement on why you believe the ticket should be overturned
- Choose whether or not you want DoNotPay to mail the appeal for you
It’s important to take note that it takes 2 weeks to process an appeal through DoNotPay. If you would like to use the letter in an online appeal, just select “Send the letter myself”!
What Other Things Can DoNotPay Do?
- Conduct Sex Offender Searches
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Warranty Claims
- Stop Robocallers
- Cease and desist letters
- And so much more!