How to Verify if There Was a Kingdom Pets Recall and What to Do to Keep Your Pets Safe
Pet food recalls can be alarming, especially when the news spreads like wildfire on social media. Sometimes, these unconfirmed reports turn out to be false. That's exactly what happened with the recall which wasn't actually a recall, but pet parents still had reasons to be concerned. Luckily, DoNotPay can help clear confusion quickly and alert you of any recalls on your pet's food or treats.
Here, we'll explain what happened. More importantly, we'll let you know how to confirm that there is a recall on a pet's food or treats, what to do if your pet ate the food, and how to claim a refund if you purchased a recalled product.
If this sounds confusing, enlist the help of DoNotPay and its super-efficient Product Recall Monitor. You'll find out quickly if a pet food you purchased is recalled, and you'll promptly get a refund.
Was There a Kingdom Pets Recall?
No, Kingdom Pets is not part of any recent recalls. There were, however, several complaints reported to the FDA over the years about Kingdom Pets' chicken jerky, which is made in China.
In 2015, the FDA received approximately 5,200 complaints of illnesses associated with the consumption of chicken, duck, or sweet potato jerky treats from numerous brands. Many of the complaints involved products imported from China.
Another jerky treat for dogs, True Chews by Tyson Foods, was also mentioned in several complaints to the FDA. The company has since switched to using chicken sourced from the U.S.
The FDA conducted tests and an investigation, but could not identify a specific cause for the reported illnesses. Consumers grew concerned and even signed petitions, and retailers responded. Petco was the first to pull all chicken jerky treats made in China from its shelves, the Washington Post reported.
Warnings resurfaced again in 2019 and 2020 on social media about chicken jerky pet treats made in China. Kingdom Pets was mentioned in the posts, which said there was a recall on the brand's chicken jerky, but this message was false.
How to Know If Your Pet's Food Is Part of a Recall
When you hear about a recall for pet food that you have, here's what to do:
1. Stop feeding the food or treats to your pet, until you confirm it is safe.
2. Verify the recall by checking the FDA's website at FDA.gov. Don't rely on blogs or social media.
3. If there is a recall, check to see if your product has the batch or lot number that is being recalled. The FDA's website will list identifying factors to look for on the package, such as a lot number, UPC, or expiration date. Often, the recall will be only for products purchased in a specific state or store or within a certain date range.
Why It's So Difficult to Monitor Pet Food Recalls on Your Own
Pet food recalls happen so often that it's a tremendous, time-consuming job to consistently check the FDA's website to see if your pet food or treats are being recalled.
You might rely on social media or your favorite blogs for this type of news, but those aren't reliable sources.
Perhaps you signed up for email alerts? You may not be prepared for the high numbers of pet product recall notices you'll find in your inbox each week.
Plus, it is so important to know quickly if a pet food you have is being recalled. It can literally mean life or death for your pet. If this sounds like too much for any busy pet parent to handle, it is.
Outsource this responsibility to DoNotPay, and you'll sleep better knowing that we monitor every pet-related recall. Thankfully, DoNotPay will notify you if a pet product you purchased is part of a recall, and you'll find out the moment the news is released.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotPay's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls Product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier.
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above
Can I Still Make a Claim for the Kingdom Pets Recall and Get a Refund?
No, because Kingdom Pets states on its website that its products were never recalled. If you are still concerned about using a Kingdom Pets product due to all the concerning information that has been reported about chicken jerky made in China, you can try to request a refund.
|In-store||Speak to the store manager where you made the purchase.|
|Email customer service if you purchased the product online.|
|Over the phone||Contact the company directly to express your concerns at 1-888-565-7387. Call toll-free, M-F, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M. PST|
Where to Find a Pet Food Company's Contact Information
Getting in touch with a pet food manufacturer or brand isn't often as easy as contacting a store. If you have questions about the or any pet food product, speaking to the company directly can help confirm that there are no current recalls and put your mind at ease.
Whenever a pet food recall is confirmed by the FDA and listed on their website, the contact information for that company will often be listed there.
Or, let DoNotPay handle every detail. DoNotPay can let you know for sure if a pet food product that you purchased is part of a recall. If it is, you'll receive a refund without having to request it on your own.
How to Claim Refunds or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls Product, all you have to do is tell us about the Product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund or replacement for your Product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued.
Why Use DoNotPay to Keep Informed of Any Kingdom Pets Recalls?
- It's Fast--Quickly find out whether or not a pet food you purchased is part of a recall.
- It's Easy--You won't have to worry about finding contact information, making phone calls, or sending emails.
- It's Trustworthy--Rest assured, knowing that if there is a recall, you will know about it, so you can keep your pets safe.
DoNotPay Works f **or All Types of Product Recalls, With the Click of a Button
There are many other types of products that get recalled, from human food and sunscreen to automobile parts. DoNotPay can help you with all of them effortlessly. Here are a few:
- Philips C-Pap
- California Recalls
- Neutrogena Sunscreen
- Other sunscreen brands
- Find Recalls By VIN
- Tyson Chicken
- Dog Food
- Hot Pocket
Recruit help from DoNotPay, and simplify the process of checking for recalls for any type of product, to keep you and your family safe.