Fight and Waive Instacart Fees Easily
Having groceries delivered has always been convenient, but it has also become a vital service for many people. Unfortunately, the fees can have a detrimental impact on your budget. Fighting incorrect or misleading can be difficult and annoying. Let DoNotPay tackle the problem for you.
Life is fast-paced, so people want fast ways to fulfill their daily needs. The delivery concept, in which food and goods are delivered right to your doorstep, is extremely popular. But everything has a cost, and part of that cost is fees. We pay fees to our neighborhood association and our bank. We pay fees to use technology in our business and buy and sell online. However, just because we have gotten used to them doesn't mean fees are always properly disclosed or correct.
Instacart operates a grocery delivery and pick-up service via a website and mobile app. Customers can order groceries from participating stores. A personal shopper selects packs and delivers the order within a time frame, from one hour or up to five days in advance.
What Are Instacart Fees?
The table below summarizes :
|The delivery fee is between $3.99 and $7.99 per order for those not a member of Instacart Express. If you want your order in an hour, that may be extra. Fees vary for one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35.
|Service fees start at 5% of your grocery total. They vary and are subject to change based on factors like location and the number and types of items in your cart. Orders containing alcohol have a separate service fee. Tipping your personal shopper is permitted and is separate from service fees.
|Membership in Instacart Express
|Membership isn't required to use Instacart, but it can help lower costs. For $99 per year or $9.99 per month, you'll get free delivery for every order over $35. Express service also exempts you from peak pricing when Instacart is busy.
|Priority fees apply to both Express and non-Express customers who choose priority delivery windows during checkout. They allow customers to select shorter delivery windows, but they are not available for all orders.
|This only applies when you purchase certain heavy items, like pet food or beverages, by the case. It applies when the total combined estimated weight of the items is above 50 lbs. Some retailers have a weight limit on certain items, which may be unavailable for purchase.
|Long-distance service fees
|If the retailer is located 30 - 60 minutes from your location, there is a long-distance service fee for both Express and non-Express orders.
|Instacart may charge this fee during periods of high demand.
|Instacart doesn't honor manufacturers' coupons or sale prices in stores. However, it may offer special promotions available on the website or app.
|There may be a pick-up fee if you are picking up your order.
How to Avoid or Minimize Instacart Fees
- is a premium membership, which provides a $0 delivery fee on every order over $35 and other lower service fees.
- Use Instacart promo codes
- Choose delivery during off-peak hours. If you don't need your delivery in a hurry, you can select the "fast & flexible" delivery option.
- Instead of going through Instacart, contact your chosen restaurant directly.
How to Fight and Waive Instacart Fees Yourself
- To fight Instacart fees, you need time, patience, and tenacity. So the first step should be to contact Instacart customer service at Instacart.com. Then, try the Frequently Asked Questions option, or browse the other help topics.
- If you've searched the Help Center and can't find an answer to your question, the next step you can take is to contact Instacart via email. They will get back to you as soon as they can.
- If you want to speak to a representative, call the Instacart support number. Note that you may have to wait a bit to speak to someone, especially if you're calling during a busy time such as the afternoon delivery rush.
- You have up to 14 days to report an issue with your order, such as missing, damaged, or incorrect items, poor replacements, or early or late orders.
Next Steps Needed to Fight and Waive Instacart Fees if You Can’t Do It Yourself
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve a Problem With Instacart Fees
You may enjoy the service of Instacart, but problems may arise, such as issues with delivery, individual shoppers, or payment. However, if you have given it your best effort and run out of patience, it is time to get help from DoNotPay. You don't have to spend hours searching for information, filling out forms, or waiting on the phone. They can take all that stress away quickly and easily.
DoNotPay Can Solve All Kinds of Problems
We have experience handling all sorts of frustrating, annoying problems that crop up. For example, DoNotPay can fight baggage fees for Spirit Airlines as well as American Airlines. Have you been wrongfully charged for fees by eBay, HOA, Etsy, Shopify, Coinbase, Robinhood, or even Chase? We can help with that, too. And fees are not the only problems we deal with. For example, DoNotPay can help with:
Life is full of problems. Let DoNotPay help you find the solutions.