How to Claim a Hyundai Engine Recall
When you purchase a vehicle, you do not expect to get a recall, but sometimes it happens. This can be related to any part of the interior, exterior, and even the engine. Recalls can also be related to a variety of products like:
One of the most popular manufacturers for sedans and SUVs is Hyundai. While they have often been listed as dependable, like other brands, they have suffered a few recalls. More recently, the Hyundai engine recall where several models that had the Nu engine was having unwarranted engine stalls and fires that were not related to a collision. This caused an investigation and then later a recall on certain models.
With the help of DoNotPay, searching your is much easier to find, so you know if it affects you and what you need to do to get it fixed. Below is more information on this recall and how DoNotPay can help you get the service you need for your Hyundai, making it safe and dependable.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Hyundai Engine Recall?
If you need to make a claim for the , you need to go through the following steps:
- Search to see if your Hyundai was affected. You can do this online through the Hyundai system, but it is not as easy to navigate. With DoNotPay's Search Recall Monitor, have your model and year available, as well as the VIN number for your search.
- If your Hyundai Model has been affected, DoNotPay can assist you with scheduling a recall service with your local dealership. Follow the steps below to make this request.
- In the meantime, you need to determine if you need to continue driving your Hyundai or if a rental car is available. Contact your local Hyundai dealership to see if a loaner car is available or if there is an agreement already established with the local car rental facility to get a rental.
If you attempt to do this process on your own without the assistance of DoNotPay, you could get wrong information, keeping you from a recall that you actually have. In order to get the best and quickest answers about your recall, you should use the system in place by DoNotPay.
What Happened With the Hyundai Engine Recall?
In 2021, it was found that several Hyundai models from different years were experiencing engine fires. The models affected were the 2017 Sonata Hybrid and the 2017 Santa Fe that first experienced an engine stall and then non- collision-related engine fires to follow. These were happening in vehicles that carried the Nu engines and needed to come into the dealership to be repaired.
Who Is Eligible for the Hyundai Engine Recall?
When there is a Hyundai engine recall, certain models and years are listed on the recall report. There are also VIN numbers associated. The manufacturer will try to make contact with the current owners of these vehicles, especially if it affects some that are a few years old. If you have not been notified, but want to see if you are affected, DoNotPay makes it easy to search this information through the recall search monitor.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My Product?
If you are noticing issues with your Hyundai and you make a report, you may not get the response you are looking for right away. Based upon the research required by the company and the evidence you provide, it could take a little time to determine the deficiency and what needs to be done to make the correction.
How to Schedule Car Dealership Service for Your Recall Using DoNotPay
If your vehicle has been recalled, you're entitled to a free repair! Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) you want to schedule your appointment for.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask for your vehicle to be repaired for free.
Why Use DoNotPay to Make a Recall Claim
If you need to make a recall claim on your product, vehicle, or food that you have purchased, you want it to be done correctly, efficiently, and as soon as possible. With DoNotPay you get the following in your service:
|You can do your claim in just a few minutes, and you can even get quicker results with DoNotPay instead of doing this on your own.
|All you need to do is simply add your information and let DoNotPay take over the rest.
|Because they have all the necessary information needed, you can expect them to get the information to the correct place and get the response you are looking for.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Click of a Button
You can look for additional recalls when you use DoNotPay's Recall Search Monitor to find other recalls for products. Whether you are looking for recalls in your vehicles or other products, DoNotPay has the ability to search and find across all industries and companies. The process of using our Product Recall Claims product includes the following five steps:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to searching and making recall claims, DoNotPay can help you with a variety of other tedious tasks:
- File a complaint about a service or product you have received.
- If you have had an accident, you can easily file an insurance claim.
- Let DoNotPay help you with disputing a seatbelt ticket.
Take the time and stress out of your tasks when you choose DoNotPay.