How to Know if Your Hunt's Tomato Sauce was Recalled
Product recalls happen when something goes wrong in production or delivery that causes the product to become damaged. When a food item is recalled and people are unaware, it can make them severely sick. Some expose themselves and their families to dangerous molds or bacteria while others may accidentally cook contaminated foods.
This is exactly what happened with the . Like any food brand, Hunt's is obligated to announce every time a flaw in their manufacturing chain may put a batch of canned food at risk. But they don't always know right away and bad food gets sold to consumers. Consumers are often the ones who bring the need for recall to the attention of the brand and the FDA.
How do you know if your can of Hunt's Tomato Sauce or other canned products has been recalled? What do you do if you have such a can? DoNotPay can help keep your family safe with a quick recall lookup.
What Happened With the Hunt's Tomato Sauce Recall?
In 2013, across multiple states for a defect in the can lining. The cans with defects caused the cans to swell. These cans have a best-sell-by date in 2014.
If sauce spurts when you open a swollen can this means that there are bacteria in the tomato sauce. The bacteria has been releasing gas inside and building up pressure.
In 2019 Hunt's Tomato Paste 6-oz cans were recalled. The final product could have been damaged after canning, creating the potential for punctures and mold growth. These cans had best-sell-by dates within October 2020. Hunts became aware of the issue after reports of mold in Tomato Paste cans from consumers.
What Should I Do if My Hunt's Tomato Sauce Has Been Recalled?
For food recalls, it is best to keep your family safe from exposure by never even opening a recalled can or packaged food product. This ensures that those potential molds or bacteria particles stay contained. Food products typically do not offer any remedy like refunds or replacements, but you should dispose of your recalled Hunt's tomato products safely.
Hunt's Tomato Sauce Recall Protocol
Here's what you should do:
- Identify a recalled can of tomato sauce, paste, etc.
- Wrap the unopened can in plastic and dispose of the can in the garbage.
- Take out your garbage promptly, do not let the can remain in the house.
I've Opened a Recalled Can of Hunt's Tomato Sauce: Now What?
- Never open a swollen can or one that appears to be punctured. This can release mold or bacteria into your home. If you open a can of tomato sauce and the sauce spurts (more than a little drip on the can opener), beware. This pressure can mean bacteria was processing the tomato sauce into a gas inside the can.
- Seal it completely and dispose of them. Wrap the can and any sauce in plastic immediately. Open the doors and windows of your house and clean nearby surfaces with a disinfecting product.
Do I Know if My Hunt's Tomato Products Were Recalled?
There are a few different ways to check for recalls on food items. However, you need to know what you're looking for.
Several sites will list recent recalls. But, as with Hunt's Tomato Sauce, sometimes the cans and products in your pantry are older than the last year of recalls. You may find yourself sifting through pages of irrelevant recalls to find useful information to keep your family safe.
You can also try a recall lookup directly through the FDA. But you have to look up products by type or brand at a time. This can take forever if you just want to keep an eye on whether your groceries are safe to eat.
How to Check for Recalls Using DoNotpay 's Product Recall Monitor
If you don't have a specific recalled product in mind yet, DoNotPay can check to see if any of your recent purchases have been recalled. Simply forward any receipts you have to email@example.com, and we'll scan them against our updated list of recalled items.
This is by far the fastest and easiest way to keep your family safe from any type of recall. Just send us your receipts and we'll let you know if something has been recalled so you can take the appropriate safety steps.
If you get a ping on a non-food recall, there might be a refund, repair, or a replacement we can help you claim as well.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to firstname.lastname@example.org (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier).
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay for Hunt's Tomato Sauce Recalls
There are a ton of reasons you should be using DoNotPay to handle your recalls. We've already outlined a number of them, but here's a quick summary of what makes us the best:
|Fast||DoNotPay will quickly scan for recalls and help you make claims as needed.|
|Easy||We take care of all the hard parts for you. All you need to do is send your receipts through email, and DoNotPay will take care of searching for recalls.|
|Successful||With DoNotPay, you can rest easy knowing that we are working to make the best case for you to get the best results.|
DoNotPay Works Across All Entities With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you with more than just your . We know that recalls are hard to track down, but knowing about a recall in your home can be vitally important to your family's health and safety. Here are just a few of the other recall types we can easily help you with. For those that have a remedy, we can help you file a claim, schedule a repair, or get your replacement.
- Metformin Recall
- Neutrogena Sunscreen Recall
- Recalls by VIN
- Tyson Chicken Recall
- Peloton Recall
- Hot Pocket Recall
- Philips CPAP Recall
- California Recalls
- Dog Food Recall
- Sunscreen Recall
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay goes beyond just recall help as well. We've built our entire system on making life easier and more affordable by removing the red tape between everyday life and getting things done. Here are a few other helpful things we can make easy for you:
Living a practical life and keeping track of all the little details can be tough. DoNotPay is here to make it easy. Explore the many ways our services can keep your family safe, cut the red tape, avoid unnecessary payments, and so much more!