Maintaining Your Privacy by Removing Your Name from TrueCaller
Truecaller is a great app to keep tabs on unknown callers. But for you to do that, you have to register and enter your details before you proceed. However, if you no longer want to use Truecaller, you are wondering how to remove my name from Truecaller? There are many reasons anyone would want to remove their name from Truecaller. One of them is because most people believe that Truecaller violates their privacy. No matter your reason for removing your name from Truecaller, there are a few simple steps you have to follow.
Truecaller is a popular app that helps most people identify unknown callers. The app also gives your details to other users. It means that if you are registered, people will not ignore your calls. They will know the person calling them. Additionally, Truecaller has a database of spam calls that shows the number of times a number has been reported to be spam.
With Truecaller, you can track scam calls. Truecaller is not only used to identify an unknown caller. You can also use it to send and receive messages, forward flash messages, make calls on the internet, transfer money using UPI, and block spammers. One of the solutions you can use to remove your name from Truecaller is by using DoNotPay, which is more convenient, faster, and less frustrating. DoNotPay also allows you to remove your name from Google, Facebook, Spokeo, and whitepages.
How Does Truecaller Treat Your Privacy?
Even though Truecaller makes your work easier to identify unknown callers, your privacy may be at risk. You may think that since you are not on Truecaller, then your details are not in the database. Well, that is far from the truth. Your name and number could be on Truecaller even if you have never used it. You are probably wondering how. As long as someone else has saved your contact details, the app can access it. If you don't want other people to search for your details, the best action to take is to remove your name from the Truecaller database.
Here are other places where your personal information can be stored:
|Shopping, social media, web service accounts||Aside from the big social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), there may be platforms you used before such as MySpace, Tumblr, or Friendster. Think about shopping sites you’ve registered on such as Macy’s, Amazon, or the Gap.|
|Data collection sites||Some companies such as PeopleFinder, Spokeo, and White Pages, collect data based on what you do online and sell that information to those interested in advertising to you and selling their products.|
|Other websites||Your phone or mobile company may list you online or if you had an old blog or have been a member of any forums online, your information may be available to the public.|
|Outdated search results||Your information could also be cached in Google servers.|
|Email accounts||Some of your information can be searched using your email address.|
How to Remove Your Name From Truecaller
If you are worried about your privacy, then the best thing to do is remove your name from Truecaller. Before you can remove your name from Truecaller's database, you'll have to deactivate your account. Here is a step-by-step guide to remove your name from Truecaller on Android and iPhone.
How do you remove your name from Truecaller on Android?
If you own a smartphone that runs on Android, then use the following steps to remove your name.
- Open the Trucaller app on your Android smartphone. The first thing you have to do is open your Truecaller app.
- Log in to your account. If you have not logged in yet, that is the next thing you have to do.
- Go to the People icon. You'll find the people icon in the upper left corner. From there, go to settings.
- From the drop-down menu click on "Privacy center".
- From the page that appears, click on the "Deactivate" option.
- A pop-up appears that requires you to deactivate your account. Choose "yes".
You are logged out of Truecaller automatically. Now you have successfully deactivated your Truecaller account. You can go on and remove your number if you wish.
How to remove a name from Truecaller on iPhone
Here are the steps to follow to remove your name when using an iPhone.
- Open the Truecaller app from your iPhone smartphone.
- Next, log in to your Truecaller account if you haven't done so.
- Click on the gear icon.
- Choose the About Truecaller option
- Scroll down and tap on Deactivate Truecaller option.
You can proceed to uninstall Truecaller on your smartphone. Keep in mind that once you delist yourself from Truecaller, your details may still be available in their database.
If you don't have a Truecaller, then go to the Truecaller's official website and then to "Unlist". You can erase your data from Truecaller by opening the "Unlist" page of Truecaller. Enter your phone number and the country code, and then choose your reason for unlisting yourself. Once you do all that from the "Unlist" page on Truecaller, verify the "Captcha" and then click on the "Unlist" option.
How to Remove Your Name From Truecaller With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is an excellent way to remove your information from the internet. If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Removing your name from Truecaller is just one of our many services. DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Removing your name from MyLife
- Removing your number from Facebook
- Removing your photo and number from Google
- Removing your name from the organ donor registry in California
- Hiring someone to remove your personal information from the Internet
DoNotPay also offers solutions to other problems such as
- Learning about text spam
- Preventing stalking and harassment
- Compensation for victims of crime
- Filing a complaint
- Suing anyone in a small claims court
DoNotPay is a one-stop hub that offers solutions for these and other issues. Do not hesitate to try us if you experience any of the problems addressed or more.