How to Remove My Mugshot From the Internet Easily and Quickly
One of the first things that happen when you're arrested is that your mugshot is taken. This generally unflattering photo is photographic proof of your identity regarding your arrest. In the majority of states, your mugshot is posted online in a matter of hours as a service to the community. Even if you're never convicted of a crime, your mugshot could be available online permanently.
Learn how to remove your mugshot from the internet fast when you enlist the help of DoNotPay, the world's first robot lawyer. The process is simple, the results are fast, and you can avoid the hassles of trying to get your name cleared on your own.
Is It Difficult to Get Arrest Information Removed from the Internet?
One of the things you need to understand about being arrested is that it's public information. In many cities, arrests and mugshots are posted online daily. The problem is, these individuals have only been arrested and not convicted of a crime when their mugshots are taken. Unfortunately, it 's a long, tedious process to get your mugshot removed from a site, but it can be done.
How to Get Your Mugshot Removed Online Yourself
In many cases, it's a simple matter of submitting a form to get your information deleted from a website. That's not the case when it comes to your mugshot and arrest information. The process of having your information removed from a mugshot website on your own is tough. You'll need to:
- Prove your case has been expunged, sealed, or ordered to be destroyed.
- Show you were a victim of identity theft.
- Show that you have served your sentence, paid your fines, and met other requirements.
So, you'll need to submit documents signed by a judge to prove any of the things mentioned above. If you don't produce adequate evidence, your mugshot won't be removed, and you could miss out on things such as:
When You Can 't Get Your Mugshot Removed Yourself
If you've been arrested and your mugshot is online for anyone to see, it can be embarrassing and stressful. If the wrong people see it, you could lose your job, housing, friends, and even family. If you've gone through all the steps that a site requires to get your information removed and it's still there, you'd be right to be angry. When you can 't get your mugshot deleted yourself, it may be time to get some legal help.
Get Your Mugshot Removed with DoNotPay
Being arrested is a scary, unpleasant experience that you don't want to repeat anytime soon. Unfortunately, your mugshot memorializes your arrest and once it's uploaded to a searchable database, it's everywhere. Instead of stressing out trying to get a website to remove your arrest information and getting nowhere, relax. DoNotPay can help you get your name cleared fast so you can put your arrest behind you and move on.
How to Remove Your Mugshot from the Internet With DoNotPay
If you want to get your personal information taken down but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Mugshot Removed Online
An arrest can have a dramatic effect on your life. That mugshot the police snapped when you were arrested doesn 't show you in the best light, but it doesn't have to define you going forward. The benefits of using DoNotPay to get your mugshot removed online include:
|Speed||You don't have to spend your precious time chasing down information and sending requests.|
|Simplicity||There are no complicated forms, no tedious requests, DoNotPay makes everything easy.|
|Success||You can rest assured your request is handled properly so you get the results you want.|
Use DoNotPay to Get Your Mugshot Removed from Any Site
The bad news is that once your mugshot is made public, it's quickly scooped up by websites that publish it again. It's an endless loop of data aimed at informing the public. No matter how many sites your arrest information and mugshot are displayed online, DoNotPay can help you get it removed.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting your mugshot removed from a website is just the beginning of what DoNotPay can do for you. In fact, the DoNotPay app is capable of handling a wide variety of personal privacy issues including:
- Removing personal information from Google (including photos and phone numbers)
- Remove your name from MyLife
- Remove your name from Spokeo
- Deleting your name from Whitepages
- Removing personal information from Facebook
- and much, much more.
No matter what your legal issues are, DoNotPay can help you resolve them without hiring a lawyer. In fact, most issues can be resolved quickly with a few clicks.