How to Cancel Your Toyota Extended Warranty the Easy Way
Toyota is one of the most popular car brands in America. While the company is known for making reliable vehicles at an affordable price, Toyota dealerships tend to aggressively upsell extended warranties. This has left many drivers frustrated and are left searching for .
Canceling a Toyota extended warranty will be more difficult than canceling most services. It usually requires gathering and collecting paperwork, and working directly with the dealership. Our guide below will provide you with the basics on how to cancel your Toyota extended warranty.
How to Cancel Your Toyota Extended Warranty
- If you received any benefits from the extended warranty, then cancellation will probably be impossible.
- If that's not the case, then you will want to gather and review all the paperwork associated with your extended warranty. The contract generally lays out all the details on how to cancel your Toyota extended warranty.
- The contract will also have specifications that will need to be provided to the dealership.
- With the contract handy, call the dealership. Ask to make an appointment with the finance manager to cancel your extended warranty.
- When going to the appointment, be sure to bring the contract and the vehicle that has the extended warranty. There is a good chance it will need to be inspected by a mechanic in order for the warranty to be refunded.
- The finance manager will probably try to talk you out of canceling the extended warranty. Be prepared to stand your ground and deal with pushy sales tactics.
- You will be asked to sign a form agreeing to the cancellation of the extended warranty. Be sure to keep a copy of this signed form so you won't be charged for an extra month or two of the extended warranty.
- The refund will depend on how the car was financed. You may get a cash refund, or it may be applied to the amount you owe for the vehicle.
Details of Canceling Your Toyota Extended Warranty
- Different states have different laws governing the cancellation of an extended warranty.
- In some states, you may have to pay a $50 fee to cancel your Toyota extended warranty.
- If you have not entered the coverage period, then you can expect a full refund.
- If you are in the coverage period, then your refund will be prorated. This is usually prorated based on time as opposed to mileage, but the exact method of prorating a refund should be detailed in your contract.
- Some states mandate a cooling-off period. That means your refund rate cannot be applied until 14 days after the declaration of cancellation.
- If your extended warranty was financed in your car loan, you won't get any cashback. Instead, you'll see a decrease on your car loan amount.
- Receiving your refund, either in cash or a decreased loan amount, can take time to process. Be prepared to wait 3 to 6 weeks in total.
|Can You Cancel Toyota Extended Warranty Via||Yes/No|
|Company Website/Support Form||No|
Common Problems When Trying to Cancel a Toyota Extended Warranty
- There are a plethora of state laws that can make canceling an extended warranty even more difficult.
- Finance managers have a reputation for trying to make canceling an extended warranty as difficult as possible.
- If you are being treated unfairly by a Toyota dealership, a small claims court may be an option.
How to Cancel a Toyota Extended Warranty With DoNotPay
If you don't want to deal with all the hassle of trying to cancel your , DoNotPay can do most of the work for you. Just provide us with a few pieces of information, and we'll take care of the rest. Do note that you may still be required to take your vehicle to the dealership for an inspection.
Here's how to get started:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your Toyota extended warranty! We'll provide you with updates as things progress.
Is the Dealership Being Unreasonable When You Try to Cancel Your Toyota Extended Warranty?
- If the dealership is refusing to allow you to cancel your extended warranty and the contract clearly states that you are allowed to do so, it may be time to escalate.
- DoNotPay can make it easy for you to sue the Toyota dealership in small claims court in your state. Our legal assistance products earned the American Bar Association's Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
- For more information, take a look at our Small Claims Court Resource center.
DoNotPay Works With Variety of Companies and Services
Canceling your Toyota extended warranty is just one of the services that DoNotPay has you covered. Here are a few services we can help cancel:
- Cancel Planet Fitness
- How to Cancel Xbox live
- Massage Envy Cancellation
- Cancel Epoch payments
- Cancel SiriusXM
- Cancel CVS care pass
DoNotPay Can Do So Much More
Aside from canceling warranties, DoNotPay can also assist you with other services such as:
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- How to request medical records
- Find Lost Airport Items
- Analyze YouTube's terms of service
- Revocable living trust
- Power of attorney
- Create Passport Photos
- Delete a Facebook account
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Missing money
- Insurance claims