Streamline Y our Ring Doorbell Recall with DoNotPay
The Amazon-owned company Ring recently announced a recall of more than 350,000 of its doorbells. The recall covers the second-generation doorbell model 57M5E5, which poses a fire hazard when installed with the wrong screws. To protect your family, you must take advantage of the at once.
A recall involving hundreds of thousands of products is no small undertaking. Accordingly, it could be very easy for your recall request to become lost in the shuffle-that is, unless you partner with DoNotPay.
How Do I Make a Claim for the Ring Doorbell Recall?
To take advantage of the Ring doorbell recall, follow these steps:
- Contact Ring customer support by phone, email, or chat. Keep in mind that extended wait times could occur when calling or emailing.
- Provide your Ring model and serial number to the agent. This will allow them to confirm that your product is eligible for a refund.
- Receive an email confirmation letting you know that your replacement device is on its way.
- Look for a second email that will contain a shipping label. You'll need this label to return your original device.
- Receive your new doorbell and inspect it for defects. Save the box and packing materials to ship your old device in.
- Pack your old equipment. Print off the shipping label you received via email and securely attach it to the box.
- Drop off your package at the nearest UPS store.
Obtaining a replacement will require you to complete several steps over the course of a few days. If even one part of the process is held up, the recall could take you much longer than expected. DoNotPay can streamline the process and eliminate the frustration associated with doing things the traditional way.
What Happened With the Ring Doorbell Recall?
In November 2020, the Consumer Product Safety Commission posted a recall notice for Ring doorbells on its website. The recall came after Amazon, the parent company of Ring, received a notice that its second-generation doorbells posed a fire hazard when installed with the incorrect screws.
|Ring Doorbell Fire Hazard
|According to an Amazon spokesperson, the company became aware that approximately 23 of its Ring doorbells had caught fire. This amounted to multiple cases of property damage and eight personal injuries due to minor burns.
|What Ring Doorbells are Affected?
|The Ring doorbell recall covers approximately 350,000 second-generation doorbells that were sold in the United States between June and October 2020. Also included in the recall are another 8,700 doorbells that were sold in Canada during that same timeframe.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My Product?
Anyone who purchased one of the affected doorbells is eligible for the recall. Even so, that does not necessarily mean that the replacement will be automatic. Anytime there is a recall of this magnitude, companies may introduce extreme measures to combat fraud. As a result, you may need to jump through additional hoops by providing:
- Your original receipt or proof of purchase
- The model number and/or the serial number of your Ring doorbell. This may be difficult if the original sticker has since become damaged or is illegible.
- Proof that your product is actually defective
Having a Ring doorbell that poses a safety hazard is frustrating enough. Not being able to obtain a recall in a timely manner can only add to your irritation. If you want a hassle-free way to ensure your Ring doorbell recall goes smoothly, DoNotPay offers the perfect solution.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Obtain Your Ring Doorbell Recall?
We've already established how lengthy the process of obtaining a recall can be. Not only that, but you will have to make sure you complete every step of the process, or else your recall is not complete. For example, if you forget to ship your original equipment back, you could receive an invoice for the replacement you had already received upfront. DoNotPay will streamline things and make it easier to know what phase of the recall process you are in.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies and Groups with the Click of a Button
If this is your first time using DoNotPay, you may think that all we do is handle recalls. While we can help you with other recalls aside from the Ring doorbell, there's a whole lot more we can do as well. From paying bills online to fighting traffic tickets, you'll find simple remedies for frustrating issues right at your fingertips.
Does DoNotPay Handle Other Types of Recalls?
Absolutely! Here are just a few of the types of product recalls we've handled:
- Dog food recalls
- Philips CPAP recall
- Peloton recalls
- California-specific recalls
- Neutrogena sunscreen recalls
- Sunscreen recalls (other brands)
- Metformin recall
- Tyson Chicken recalls
- Even Hot Pocket recalls!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay offers a nearly endless number of solutions to common problems that ordinary people just like yourself face every day. A few things you can count on us to help you with include:
- Warranty claims
- Reducing property taxes
- Cancelling a recurring subscription
- Obtain a chargeback or refund
Are you having problems dealing with a government agency? Or feel as though you are fighting an uphill battle with state or local bureaucrats? DoNotPay was founded expressly to help everyday citizens with problems just like these. Don't fight your battle alone when DoNotPay offers a simple and effective solution to many of life's most frustrating issues.
DoNotPay: Helping you Obtain the Ring Doorbell Recall you Deserve
Ring's doorbell recall can easily turn into a tedious, complicated mess. You don't have to allow that when DoNotPay is ready to fight for your product replacement. today to ensure your Ring doorbell recall goes as smoothly as possible.