How to File a Claim When There's a Recall on Your Baby Rocker
It's not uncommon to see recalls from time to time. But when there 's a , you know it 's potentially serious. Unfortunately, knowing what to do next isn't always as straightforward.
You likely purchased your Fisher-Price Rock with Me Bassinet, thinking it would be a sound purchase. And your baby needs the safest materials. But what do you do if you hear about the Fisher-Price bouncer recall, the Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker recall, or the baby bouncer recall?
Do you handle the baby rocker recall by going to the store or retailer first? Do you have to contact the manufacturer instead? Just thinking about it only drums up even more questions, like do you need to find your receipt, and is there a timeline to file a claim for a recall?
When you need answers about your recalls for the baby rocker or others, and you want a convenient, fast way to file a claim, you need DoNotPay.
How to Make a Claim for a Baby Rocker Recall on Your Own
Now you know there's a recall on your baby rocker, you'll want to figure out how to file a claim. After all, you invested good money in what you believed to be a safe baby product. Getting word of a baby rocker recall means you'll need to stop using it immediately and start seeking remediation. Forms of response to a claim can be:
- Replacement Product
- Refund for Purchase
- Repairs or Repair Process
Before you make a call or hop online, you'll need to get your info in order. You'll need to have the purchasing information about your baby rocker or baby bouncer. You'll need to know the store and purchase dates.
With all of those details in hand, you follow through with filing a claim regarding your baby rocker recall. According to Fisher-Price, for their specific products, you can do one of two things:
- Visit the web: www.Service.Mattel.com and click on "Recall & Safety Alerts"
- Call toll-free (855) 853-6224 (Between the hours of 9 AM-6 PM EST, M-F)
Most recalls are initiated with the help of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, also often called the CPSC, based in New York. Dedicated hotlines usually are published on the official government site, pertaining to baby rocker recalls and other products.
From there, you'll complete another process of providing your specific recall and baby rocker information. Depending on the remedy, including refunds, it could take weeks to confirm and find a remedy.
If this process sounds lengthy and time-consuming, or the timeline to remedy seems unreasonable, you're not alone. Recall claims for baby rockers and other products is never a simple task. Unless, of course, you let DoNotPay help.
What Happened with That Fisher-Price Baby Rocker Recall, Anyway?
In April of 2019, Fisher-Price and CPSC issued official warnings to owners of the Rock 'n Play Sleeper. Infant deaths were reported when some little ones, who were attempting to roll over and were unrestrained in the sleeper, flipped to their stomachs.
There have been other recalls for baby rockers in the past, too. Some 560,000 portable bassinets were recalled back in 2001 due to finger pinching hazards in the folding mechanisms on the bassinets.
For more recent baby rocker recalls , Consumer Reports lays out the list of products you 'll need to be aware of before using:
- Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soothers - June 3, 2021: Roughly 120,000 soothers were recalled due to four infant deaths being linked.
- Fisher-Price 2-in-1 Soothe 'n Play Gliders - June 3, 2021: Nearly 55,000 gliders were recalled after baby deaths were reported.
- Graco Little Lounger Rocking Seats - Jan. 29, 2020: Some 111,000 sleepers were recalled resulting from infant death reports.
- Graco inclined sleeper accessories with four models - Dec. 16, 2020: About 51,000 of these sleepers were recalled because of infant fatalities.
- Kids II Rocking Sleepers , such as the Ingenuity Moonlight Rocking Sleeper and the Bright Starts Playtime to Bedtime Rocking Sleeper - April 26, 2019: About 694,000 sleepers were recalled due to reports of five infant fatalities.
- Kolcraft Cuddle 'n Care 2-in-1 Bassinet & Incline Sleepers and the Preferred Position 2-in-1 Bassinet & Incline Sleepers - Feb. 20, 2020: Over 51,000 inclining sleeper accessories sold with two bassinet models were recalled because of death reports linked to similar inclining sleepers.
- Sumr Brands SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleepers - Jan. 29, 2020: Another 46,300 sleepers were recalled because of reported fatalities linked to similar inclining sleepers.
Do You Immediately Get a Recall if You Report Your Product?
If you have discovered your baby rocker has a deficiency you'd like to report, you can do so. However, reporting a product won't guarantee you'll get an authorized recall as a result. and other products are issued based on substantial evidence provided, highlighting the unit's core deficiencies.
Now, in compiling your evidence and seeing actual results in the form of refund or replacement, it's a whole lot easier with DoNotPay. With a variety of recall-related solutions at your fingertips, from filing a claim and monitoring for future baby rocker recalls , DoNotPay makes it super-easy!
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Recalls occur across many products, such as dog food and sunscreen. And DoNotPay is there to help you with them, whether it's finding out which of your products have been recalled or getting reimbursement for purchasing a defective product. Be sure to check out the information on other product recalls that have occurred, such as:
|Medical and Exercise Equipment|
Through our Product Recalls product, covering baby rocker recalls and more, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we 'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
DoNotPay Works Across a Variety of Company Segments with the Click of a Button
DoNotPay won't only help you get through this latest baby rocker recall you're facing, but we can help you do a wide variety of things. See how easy it is to:
- Recover your Spotify password
- Pay your local water bill online
- Get a copy of your birth certificate
- Register for your pet license
Don't waste the time and effort trying to track down your baby rocker recall remedy on your own. Let DoNotPay make it convenient and simple, along with any other recall concerns you have right now!