How to Easily Claim the PS5 Recall With DoNotPay
Entertainment is a massive part of our lives as humans, and a large piece of entertainment is video games. In November 2020, the PlayStation 5 (PS5) was released, and people still have difficulty getting one.
On top of the challenge of acquiring one, there is now a . Technically, Sony has not put out an active recall, but many players are complaining about an issue with controller drift. There is currently a class-action lawsuit against Sony.
If your PS5 is suffering from controller drift, you can send it back to to have it fixed. Rather than dealing with contacting Sony on your own, reach out to DoNotPay and let us handle the process for you.
How Do I Make a Claim for the PS5 Recall?
If you want to claim the PS5 recall, follow the steps below.
|Repair by Troubleshooting
|Repair by Warranty
Trying to get into contact with someone from Sony to either get troubleshooting tips or to find out where to send your defective controller can be a long and tedious process. You likely don't have time to deal with that, but thankfully there is another way. Contact DoNotPay, and we can handle the whole process for you.
What Happened With the PS5 Recall?
There is technically not a PS5 recall, but there is a class-action lawsuit against Sony to recall the DualShock controllers over a drifting issue. Players have reported that their characters move in the game even when they are not touching the controller.
If you have this issue, you currently have to try to troubleshoot it yourself or send it to Sony to be replaced. If you have to ship it, you are responsible for shipping costs.
How To Check if You Are Impacted by the PS5 Recall Using DoNotPay
There are recalls happening all the time, and it can be challenging to keep track of whether or not your products are a part of one. You can make your life much simpler by allowing DoNotPay to keep track of recalls for you.
The DoNotPay Product Recall Monitor works as follows:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier!)
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it.
How To Claim a Repair for Your PS5 Using DoNotPay
If you know your product is under a recall, DoNotPay will help you get a refund, repair, or replacement. Just follow the steps below, and you are well on your way.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you can return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your PS5 Repaired
You should use DoNotPay to get your PS5 repaired for several reasons.
- It's fast: You save time by only having to give DoNotPay information rather than waiting on hold with Sony.
- It's simple: All you have to do is give DoNotPay some information, and you are good to go.
- It's a success: You can trust that we will put your PS5 repair into motion.
DoNotPay Can Help With Other Recalls
If the recent PS5 recall have you wondering what to do next, DoNotPay has helped people like you understand how to manage recalls for a wide range of vehicles and other products, including :
- Vehicle recalls
- Phillips CPAP
- California recalls
- Neutrogena sunscreen
- Sunscreen recalls
- Tyson chicken
- Dog food recalls
- Hot Pocket
- Many more!
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can handle your PS5 repair and many other things. We work with many companies/entities and can complete a lot of different tasks. Here are a few examples of tasks we can complete for you.
- Get your Florida birth certificate
- Recover your password for eBay
- File a dispute over a seatbelt ticket
- Find unclaimed money for you
- Claim a warranty
It's frustrating when you buy something, and it doesn't perform the way you expect. It's even more frustrating to try to reach out to a busy company to get it fixed.
With DoNotPay, you can let us know that your PS5 controller is suffering from drift, and we will work on getting the repair request in motion. Contact us today and see how we can help you save time by handling your PS5 recall for you.