How You Can Keep Tabs On GM Recalls For Brakes
Tens of millions of autos are recalled every year. During 2019 and 2020, GM recalled 3.4 million SUVs and trucks for brake issues. Was your vehicle on the list? Will your GM get recalled tomorrow? The DoNotPay App can help you stay on top of all recalls, including .
DoNotPay can help you stay aware of all sorts of recalls, from Tyson chicken to Peloton workout equipment. It's super fast and easy to accomplish. You'll sleep better at night knowing your GM vehicle isn't subject to , too.
This article explores:
- How to use the DoNotPay App to monitor GM brake recalls
- How to schedule a repair appointment using DoNotPay
- What you should do if your GM truck or SUV is recalled
- Other recalls DoNotPay can help you discover as California recalls and dog food recalls
- And more!
Safety on the road is vital to yourself, your family, and everyone else on the road. So let's not waste any time! If you're concerned that your GM vehicle was recalled, you want to take fast action.
How to Check for GM Recalls for Breaks Using the DoNotPay App: Use the Car Recall Monitor
How it works:
- In the car recall monitor portion of DoNotPay, enter your vehicle information, including the year, make, and model.
- DoNotPay will check against the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle is recalled.
- We'll summarize all the recalls for that vehicle, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediations, and more.
That's it! Now you have the information you need to get your vehicle repaired. But the benefits don't end there. You can use DoNotPay to schedule your appointment for GM brake recall repair work, too.
Schedule Your Repair Appointment with DoNotPay
When a GM vehicle is recalled for brakes -- or any other issue -- you're entitled to free repair! Even if you purchased your GM from a private party, you can use DoNotPay's Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local GM dealer and get your vehicle repaired.
How to get your recalled GM repaired with DoNotPay:
- Enter your vehicle information, make, model and year.
- Tell us about the recall.
- Plugin the local GM dealership you want to visit or let us contact the one closest to you.
- Enter the ideal date and time for your appointment.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN.)
You're done! See how easy that was! Now, DoNotPay will contact that local GM dealer to set your appointment. It's like having a personal attorney in your corner handling all the paperwork. GM will repair or replace your recalled brakes for free.
DoNotPay Works for All Vehicle Recalls, Not Just GM Brake Recalls
You can use the Car Recall Product to monitor all of your vehicles for recalls. Whether you drive a 2004 Honda Accord or a 2022 GM Denali, just enter the information and stay on top of all the recalls your vehicle might undergo.
What Happened with the GM Brake Recall?
Which one? There have been several GM brake recalls lately. Most recently, a few thousand GMC Sierra and Chevrolet Silverado pickup trucks were affected. GM said they noticed a defect in the brake pressure modulator valve (BPMV) assembly, leading to vehicle fires.
- This particular GM brake recall covers 3,241 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 trucks.
- These vehicles all have an electronic brake control module (EBCM).
- The condition was first discovered at the GM plant in Flint, MI.
- Two trucks experienced an under-hood fire after being exposed to heavy rain while parked outside.
Imagine the terror of having your brand-new pickup truck burst into flames while parked in your driveway during a rainstorm! That's why it's so important to stay on top of vehicle recalls.
But that's only the latest instance of GM recalling trucks for brakes. In 2019 and 2020, 3.4 million GM pickup trucks and SUVs were recalled for brake problems. That GM brake recall included Silverados and Sierras and Cadillac Escalades, Chevy Suburbans, and Tahoes. Model years from 2014 through 2018 were affected.
Remember, if your vehicle is recalled, you are entitled to a repair or replacement part at no cost to you. If you're having a hard time getting an appointment, or need to know if your vehicle is recalled for brake issues, let DoNotPay handle it!
By the way, DoNotPay can manage recalls for all sorts of other products, too!
Other Recalls DoNotPay Can Handle on Your Behalf
From medical devices to groceries, big-screen TVs to sunscreen, the DoNotPay App can be your product recall watchdog. Just scan your receipts into the app after shopping, and DoNotPay will do all the work.
Use it for:
- Philips CPAP recalls
- Metformin recalls
- Sunscreen recalls
- And food recalls, like chicken or Hot Pockets
Use DoNotPay to Make a Claim Easily
|It’s Fast||You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue|
|It’s Easy||You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem|
|It’s Successful||You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you|
It is so easy to make a claim with DoNotPay. Simply follow the steps below, and DoNotPay will ensure your request reaches the right people the first time.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, requesting repair. DoNotPay will also help you schedule the repair for your vehicle.
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer. You can use it for all sorts of legal paperwork, like collecting marriage or death certificates, canceling timeshares, or getting your name removed from online databases. DoNotPay should be the first place you go anytime you feel like you're not getting the treatment you deserve. Try it today!