Yes, You Can Get Free Hertz Rental Car Upgrades—Here's How
Most rental car companies will offer free upgrades if you ask for them, and Hertz does it all the time! Whether you're heading out on vacation, traveling for business, or just carrying on with everyday life while your vehicle is in the shop, DoNotPay can help you get a !
It's fast, and easy, and you can accomplish it in just a few steps.
This article will cover four main points:
- How to get a for free with DoNotPay
- How to ask for a rental car upgrade by yourself (with Hertz or any company, like Dollar or Avis)
- Reasons why rental car companies offer promotions (spoiler alert: it's mostly marketing)
- And some other tasks you can manage with DoNotPay
If you're planning on picking up your rental car today, you're in a hurry to get that upgrade. So let's dig in!
How to Get Hertz Rental Car Upgrades with DoNotPay
The DoNotPay App can help you get an upgraded rental vehicle in four easy steps. Just visit the rental car upgrades portion of the app. Then:
- Choose which rental company you booked with.
- Enter your reservation confirmation number.
- Tell us the details of your reservation, such as the pick-up date, pick-up location, car model, etc.
- Indicate whether you are a rewards member or special credit card holder.
And that's it! DoNotPay will call the rental company on your behalf, and request for a free upgrade on your reservation. The upgrade will most likely be applied when you actually arrive at the car pick-up site, and if you don't like the new vehicle you've been upgraded to, you can always request to be switched back!
DoNotPay will call Hertz for you and request a free upgrade on your reservation. The promotion will usually be applied when you arrive at the car pickup site. And remember, if you don't like the new vehicle you've been upgraded to, you can always request to be switched back!
You can also use DoNotPay to add more drivers to your rental contract for free. If you're traveling with your spouse, this can be a huge money-saver.
Of course, you can always attempt to get a free rental car or upgrade by yourself. It's not impossible! Most people don't know how to ask or feel awkward about requesting upgrades. But let's think about how to do it.
How to Get a Hertz Rental Car Upgrade by Yourself
Hertz, like other car rental companies, often offers free vehicle upgrades. Just ask the right person before you pick up the car.
Contact Hertz to Ask for an Upgrade
Gather your rental information, including reservation number and pickup location. If you have any Hertz rewards points, other club memberships, or special credit cards, have them ready.
- Call the office where you'll be picking up the vehicle.
- Explain your situation and why you believe you deserve the free upgrade.
- Be ready for a rebuttal. Rental car offices are often franchises. They might decline at first because they don't know about your rewards program or national marketing schemes. This is where many customers give up. Don't!
- If so, you'll need to speak with a manager or supervisor.
- If the supervisor declines, you can reach out to corporate headquarters and ask someone there. They can override a location's decision.
Remember, maintain a professional and polite tone. And you can ask for upgrades beyond a free car, too.
Here is a breakdown of the Hertz Gold Plus Reward Levels:
|Gold||Five Star||Presidents Circle|
Other Hertz Rental Car Upgrades to Consider
Beyond a free rental or an upgraded vehicle, you can ask for:
- Free additional drivers on your contract
- Extended pickup times
- Airport pickup, drop-off, or delivery to a second location (like the auto shop where your car is being repaired)
And don't forget, these extras are usually available with any rental car company! You can ask for them yourself, but DoNotPay is faster and easier. You won't need to spend time waiting on hold, waiting for a supervisor, or chasing through phone systems to reach the correct department at corporate.
Other Rental Car Companies that Often Use Upgrades for Promotions
Try it with:
You can ask for , even if you don't belong to any rewards clubs. That's because the rental car industry is incredibly competitive. Let's take a closer look.
Rental Car Companies Like Hertz use Upgrades to Attract Business.
In major travel cities — Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and the like — there can be hundreds of rental car companies all trying to attract your business. Use that to your advantage!
Rental car locations are sometimes owned by the corporation and sometimes by franchisees. While the corporations are always accountable to their national, statewide, or local marketing schemes, private franchisees will sometimes try to avoid them. They're counting on customers to be unaware of potential upgrades! But you don't need to let Hertz franchisees take advantage of you.
Remember, franchisees aren't just competing with other rental car providers. They're competing with other Hertz locations and corporate, too! You can use that angle when asking for a Hertz rental car upgrade. Say something like, "Well, if you're not ready to provide the rewards I've earned, I'll call the Hertz franchisee down the road." The franchise doesn't want to lose your ongoing business, and they don't want you to communicate with corporate negatively.
DoNotPay is the fastest and easiest way to request all kinds of rental car upgrades from Hertz. But that's only the beginning!
What Else Can I Do With DoNotPay?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! Any time you feel a company is taking advantage of you, mistreating you, or not honoring your rewards points, make DoNotPay your first resource. It's like having an attorney on your side all the time!
Use it to:
- Cancel timeshare contracts
- Stop getting junk mail
- Get hotel rewards points honored, even if the program is gone
- And more!
Try it today! You'll love how easy it is to get your Hertz rental upgrades with DoNotPay.