Easy Trick to Upgrade a Costco Car Rental for Free
Most rental companies have a pleasant, surprising discount-free upgrade for existing car rentals. However, this is rarely announced to customers.
You can for a more luxurious or bigger option. However, it is a long process where success is not guaranteed. Fortunately, you can use DoNotPay's negotiation experience to secure a free upgrade for your next rental trip. Let's see how to ask for an upgrade at Costco the traditional way and an easier route using DoNotPay.
How to Get a Costco Rental Car Upgrade
Costco offers car rental services across the country with various options for members and non-members. You can also book a Costco car as a stand-alone service or combine it with flight and accommodation. Here are steps to renting a car on the platform.
- Visit the Costco travel website
- Click the rental cars link on the page
- Fill up the pick-up and drop zone if the car returns you to the same position. Otherwise, click a link that says "Drop-off at a different location".
- Add the pick-up date, pick-up time, drop-off date, and time
- Check that you are at least 25 years of age
- Click Find My Car to get available options
Alternatively, you can call the rental company or visit any of their branches in person.
How to Get a Costco Rental Car Upgrade
There are several ways you can . Remember that most of the options are offered to full members. You need to sign up to take advantage of the offers. Here are the common methods:
|Costco has a reward program offered to regular users of its services.
|Credit Card Points
|The company offers card-based point programs for users. These points can be used for a rental car upgrade.
|Vouchers and Coupon Codes
|Be on the lookout for offers on the website to get a discount or a free upgrade on your vehicle of choice.
|You can also do the following to increase the chances of a free car upgrade:
Take Advantage of the Costco Rewards Program
Costco Travel offers a 2% annual reward of up to $1,000 for executive members. These discounts can be applied across different car rental brands such as Budget, Enterprise, Avis, and Alamo. The regular Costco membership is $60. However, executive members pay an additional $60 to upgrade their membership.
The reward certificate will be sent two months before the expiry of the current membership and takes into account all the eligible purchases with the membership. You can use the bonus to upgrade your next trip, get a free rental car for your spouse, or pay less for your planned car rental.
Executive Membership Privileges from Costco Card
If you are an executive member, here are some of the rewards that you expect to get:
- You can also book a car now and pay at the counter when it is time to start your journey
- There is a Costco free car rental car cancellation
- You may also get an additional driver included in the offer
- You get a 2%annual reward that you can use across all services used by the company
- Costco Anywhere Visa cardholders get 3% cashback on Costco Travel
How to Get a Free Rental Upgrade by Yourself
- Check the available cars from your Costco account or ask by calling customer service at 1-866-921-7925.
- Check if there is a car upgrade offer for your membership and claim it
- Check if your reward card can be used to get a better car without any additional cost
- Take up the free upgrade offer
Next Steps if You Cannot Upgrade Your Rental by Yourself
If you cannot get a free upgrade for your car rental at Costco, you may consider the following:
Ask if There Is an Offer
You may be surprised that the company is willing to offer a free upgrade. All you are required to do is ask. Other rental firms such as Alamo and Avis can provide the same.
Show the Company the Need
Take an example. You had booked a compact coupe for your trip and realized you could have carried more passengers in a van. You may just ask for a Costco car rental upgrade van. The company can agree to a bigger car without additional costs.
New Offers Came After Booking
If you are a cardholder and find that the new offers came after booking, you may ask the company if it is willing to upgrade your car as per the offer. You are likely to get the offer.
Get a Free Costco Car Upgrade With DoNotPay
If you wish to get a free upgrade on your reservation but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Choose which rental company you booked with.
- Enter your reservation confirmation number.
- Tell us the details of your reservation, such as the pick-up date, pick-up location, car model, etc.
- Indicate whether you are a rewards member or special credit card holder.
DoNotPay Works Across All Car Rental Companies
You can use the platform to get free car rental upgrades from various firms, including Thrifty, Dollar, AAA, and National, among others. Just visit the site and check the services from which you have booked a rental car. With DoNotPay, you can use the same method for other companies, whether Enterprise or Dollar, with high chances of success.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from getting a free car upgrade from companies such as Costco and National, DoNotPay can help you accomplish several tasks at a click of a button. Here are some of the areas you can accomplish on the site.
Get a free car rental upgrade at Costco via DoNotPay. Sign up at the platform today!