Search for Free Weight Loss Surgery Clinical Trials the Easy Way
Clinical trials, by definition, are the crucial component of progress in medicine. Their goal is to determine whether a new treatment or a new combination of treatments is safe and effective against a specific condition.
Participation in clinical trials is not reserved for patients only. There are many paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers that can help researchers compare possible side effects across different groups.
Since obesity represents a major health problem in the U.S., medical research started focusing more and more on clinical trials for weight loss surgery (also known as bariatric surgery) and other treatment options for this issue.
Types of Bariatric Surgery Clinical Trials
Clinical trials differ based on their main focus of research. The most common types are:
- Treatment trials—focused on finding new therapies, such as drugs, surgery, vaccines, etc.
- Diagnostic trials—dedicated to establishing the best diagnostic methods to recognize diseases in their early stages
- Prevention trials—also known as risk reduction trials; focused on establishing risk factors in different population groups and ways to minimize them
- Quality-of-life trials—dedicated to finding the best methods to improve the life quality of patients with long-term issues or chronic illnesses
Bariatric surgery clinical trials mostly belong to the treatment trials group. Depending on the procedure that researchers focus on, bariatric surgery clinical trials can include:
- Gastric banding clinical trials
- Gastric sleeve clinical trials
- Gastric bypass clinical trials
- Duodenal switch clinical trials
Phases of Free Weight Loss Surgery Clinical Trials
Another way to classify clinical trials for weight loss surgery is according to their phases. The clinical trial stage is an important piece of information since each phase might have different eligibility criteria and risk levels.
You can find more details about every phase of clinical trials in the table below:
Test Group Size
Up to 3,000
Besides these three phases, some medical studies have a separate Phase 0, usually conducted on fewer than 15 test subjects. It is the transitional phase between laboratory tests and full-scale tests on humans focusing on the new treatment’s safety.
After the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviews the results of Phase III and approves the new treatment, the research moves on to Phase IV. This phase focuses on long-term effects and observes how successful the treatment is in the general population.
Eligibility Criteria for Bariatric Clinical Trials
One of the most important factors when finding clinical trials for you is the eligibility criteria. Most clinical trials will have clearly set inclusion and exclusion requirements that differ from study to study.
The best advice is to check thoroughly whether you qualify for the trial that you’re interested in on its web page. Some general criteria that may matter for bariatric clinical trials include:
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Previous treatment history
- Comorbidities or chronic conditions
Find Clinical Trials for Weight Loss Surgery With DoNotPay
“Clinical trials near me” is what most of us would type into Google as the starting point of our research. A more comprehensive investigation should include specialized search platforms for clinical trials and medical surveys.
DoNotPay offers the ultimate search tool that can be adjusted to show only the most relevant results according to your chosen criteria. You can fine-tune the search filters in our app based on these categories and more:
- Estimated compensation
- Placebo inclusion
Our search platform is easy-to-use yet highly efficient. You can access it from any web browser. The process includes just a few steps:
- Set up your DoNotPay account and log in
- Select Clinical Trials
- Click on Get Started
- Choose the filters that match your needs
- Pick a study from the results list
- Hit Contact
We will email the research staff of that particular study on your behalf and let them know you’re interested in participating. After reviewing your eligibility, a representative will reach out to you shortly and share more information about what comes next.
The Benefits of Using DoNotPay’s Clinical Trial Search Tool
The benefits of using DoNotPay to look for bariatric surgery clinical trials are numerous. You can bookmark and contact as many studies as you’d like. If the trial is not open for recruitment yet, save it and track its progress from the app so you can be the first in line when they start accepting applications.
DoNotPay constantly updates its database, and new trials become available all the time. If you want to stay in the loop, you can use our text message notification system to let you know whenever a new study appears in your area.
Where Else Can I Find Bariatric Clinical Trials?
While most of the studies available on the following websites will be in search results on DoNotPay, you can check them out if you would like a second opinion:
Several Things To Bear In Mind
Clinical trials, like any other medical procedure, come with certain risks. Researchers give their best to determine the safety of new treatments before they start testing them on humans, but they cannot foresee all possible side effects or how the human body might react.
The FDA-reviewed clinical trials need to present all information to potential study subjects before they officially sign up. If there’s any aspect of the process you’re not sure about, you’re welcome to voice your concerns. In case you change your mind after the trial begins, you have the right to quit and leave with no consequences.
You’re advised to consult with your healthcare provider and insurance company before signing up for any medical studies, including bariatric clinical trials.
DoNotPay Can Do Wonders in Other Areas of Your Life
Sign up for your DoNotPay account in any web browser. For more ideas on how DoNotPay can help you deal with daily issues, check out the list below:
- Dealing with problems with credit cards
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service representatives
- Protecting your work by stopping copyright infringement
- Eliminating text spam
- Applying for other clinical trials
- Exacting revenge on robocall scammers
- Taking people and companies to small claims court
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships that you don’t need
- Scheduling a DMV appointment without troubles
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Challenging parking tickets
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Protecting yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Successfully handling bills that are too high