How to Dispute Unfair FedEx Fees and Get Your Money Back
FedEx needs no lengthy introduction. We're confident you're very familiar with the freight/shipping monster. You’re here because you've been trying to work with FedEx for shipping, likely for an Amazon, Etsy, eBay, or Shopify store, and you've been struck with a bunch of extra fees! Don't worry, DoNotPay can help you fight unfair .
And when you discover you've been hit with extra fees from Shopify, Etsy, eBay, PayPal, and so on, we can help you fight those fees, too. But enough about us, you're here because you want to battle the shipping magnate FedEx, and the world's first robot lawyer is here to help.
This article explores four points:
- using DoNotPay (it's effortless!)
- How to fight FedEx fees by yourself (not so easy, but it might be possible)
- A little more information about FedEx
- And other legal hurdles you can leap with DoNotPay
If you're frustrated with unfair/surprise fees from FedEx, you're in the right spot. You want it handled, fast. Let's get it done!
How to Appeal FedEx Fees With DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you battle big companies for unfair fees. It's fast, easy, and reliable.
Use DoNotPay to appeal in three simple steps:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the company —in this case FedEx — and enter the details of your transaction. Include your account number if you have one.
- Submit your case! Let the world's first robot lawyer handle it from there. DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
DoNotPay is the fastest and easiest way to take on giants like FedEx when they hit you with unfair fees or surprise charges. And it works for all kinds of companies, like Coinbase, Robinhood, American Airlines, and Spirit Airlines. You can even use DoNotPay to battle your homeowner's association (HOA) fees.
Of course, you can try to tackle these FedEx fees by yourself, and it's not going to be easy.
How to Fight FedEx Fees by Yourself
Your first step is to gather relevant documents (invoices, credit card statements, manifests, and the like.)
- Head over to the FedEx customer service page
- Scroll down, in the lower right corner, click the find phone numbers and service type link
- Choose the service you used for this shipment, or click the general type of customer you are if you handle many shipments through FedEx.
- Click your country/continent/region
- Many US billing issues can be handled at (800) 622-1147
- Now bounce around the phone prompts until you speak to a human. This might take a while!
- Explain your situation and ask for the fees to be waived.
- Most times, the rep won't be able to manage your request. Document their name and the time of your phone call.
- Ask to speak to a manager.
- You'll receive a complaint number, and you'll be told that a manager will call you back.
It's a huge pain in the rump to fight FedEx fees by yourself. The company has a reputation for poor customer service for these kinds of complaints. They want you to give up.
If You Are a Regular Us Customer Try This Form
The FedEx website says some billing disputes can be handled online with this form. However, there are hundreds of complaints and reviews online that suggest this form won't work or that the customer never heard anything back from FedEx.
- Check out the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and you'll see what we mean.
- FedEx has had more than 11,000 complaints in the last three years at the time of writing!
Don't forget, DoNotPay is the faster, easier way to appeal fees and waive charges. And you might be using it often if you deal with FedEx a lot. They have a reputation for price hikes and unfair fees.
FedEx Has a Reputation for Increasing Prices Often
Most recently, in the news, FedEx rolled out a 4.95% price increase. While we understand that fuel costs and the price of labor will always increase, it's not fair that the shipping monster can charge more for their service and tack surprise charges onto your bill. Fight back with DoNotPay!
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help
There's so much more you can do with DoNotPay. Whenever you feel that a big company is taking advantage of you, make it your first resource. We're not afraid to take on the big dogs!
Fight fees from big companies like:
- Chase Bank
- American Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
You can even use DoNotPay to battle your homeowner's association (HOA) fees. Try it today!