No, You Don't Have to Pay Depop Fees - Here's How
Depop is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling fashion. It's an excellent place for young entrepreneurs, as it doesn't require any fees to join, and there are no listing or final value fees.
However, there is one fee that can be pretty costly for sellers - the ! These are commissions that Depop takes from every sale made through the BUY button. It is automatically charged on the total sale amount, including shipping costs, and is deducted through your Depop Payments account or PayPal.
These fees can add up to a significant amount, especially for larger transactions. DoNotPay can help you get these fees waived. We will guide you through the process of getting your fees waived, so you'll be able to keep more money in your pocket.
How Much Does Depop Charge per Transaction?
charges a 10% commission for every sale made through the BUY button. It is automatically charged on the total sale amount, including the shipping costs.
There is also a standard transaction fee of about 2.9% plus £/€0.30 across Depop Payments and PayPal, but it varies with your location and PayPal account setup. For instance, if you are in the U.S, the standard PayPal fee is 3.49% + $0.49. Depop will also charge an additional 1.29% seller service fee for UK-EU transactions.
Depop Fees Explained
Like other online marketplaces like eBay, Shopify, and Etsy, Depop charges a fee to keep its marketplace running. The 10% deduction fee also helps Depop release new features, pay their employees, and provide Buyer and Seller Protection. Depop fees are automatic and will appear as a separate entry on your PayPal or Depop Payments after up to 21 days.
|10% Marketplace Fee
|Buyer and Seller Protection
|Includes shipping costs
|New Feature Development
How to Avoid/Appeal Depop Fees
Unfortunately, there is no way you can avoid Depop fees. Depop deducts a 10% charge automatically for all the sales you make. While you can ask your buyer to pay you outside the Depop platform, it's not a safe way in case the customer decides not to pay.
However, if your customer asks for a refund, Depop will refund you for the Depop fee. Fee refunds through Depop Payments are automatically processed. If you process the refund through PayPal, you need to reach out to the support team with screenshots of your refund and a confirmation of your @usernames.
Does Depop Have Hidden Fees?
Depop does not have any hidden fees. The company only charges a flat rate of 10% for the total sale and standard PayPal fees that vary depending on your location and PayPal account setup. Besides, they also have a Seller Service Fee that is only charged on UK-EU transactions.
Since all these fees are clearly stated on the website, there's no need to worry about hidden charges. Before you sign up for a Depop account, carefully read and understand their terms of service, especially the associated costs, to avoid any disputes in the future.
How to Appeal Depop Fees by Yourself
Since there's no way you can avoid Depop fees, your best bet is to appeal for the fee waiver. If you feel that the Depop fees are too high for your transaction, you can write an appeal to the company. Follow these steps:
- Contact Depop customer support online and state your reasons for the appeal
- Include your full name, Depop username, address, and contact number
- Mention the order number of the transaction you are appealing for
- Attach copies of receipts or any other relevant documentation
- Wait for a response from the support team. They will review your case and get back to you within seven working days.
Ensure you have a strong case for an appeal. For example, you can raise your concern if the buyer asks for a refund outside Depop and charges you the fee. If your case is convincing, the support team might waive the fee for you.
Next Steps for Appealing Depop Fees if You Can't Do It Yourself
The process of appealing any fees, including Coinbase, Spirit Airlines baggage, Robinhood, HOA, Chase checking account, American Airlines baggage, and PayPal seller fees, can be daunting. You may not have the time, patience, or knowledge to do it yourself. This is where DoNotPay comes to your rescue.
DoNotPay helps you appeal fee waivers in a hassle-free way. You won't even break a sweat. We shall do all the legwork for you and make sure you get the fee waiver you deserve. Provide a few details and leave the rest to us.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
Why Use DoNotPay to Fight and Waive Depop Fees
There are several advantages of leveraging DoNotPay services:
- Fast. There is no need to spend several hours figuring out which field to fill and how to fill it. DoNotPay does all the legwork for you at lightning-fast speed.
- Easy. DoNotPay eliminates the lengthy and tedious forms you need to fill. All you need to do is provide a few details, and we will handle everything else.
- Successful. We have a high success rate in getting fee waivers for our clients. Our team of experts knows how to argue your case and make sure you get the waiver you deserve.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Appealing Depop fees is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. You can also use DoNotPay to solve the following:
- File a complaint
- Reduce property taxes
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Create passport photos
- Contact embassies and consulates
- Notarize documents
- Standardized legal documents
- Airline flight compensation hacks
- Appeal a banned account
That's it! Contact DoNotPay today to fight and waive Depop fees among other services as listed above.