How to Handle Your Chevy Malibu Recall
When you purchased your Chevy Malibu, you probably had style, comfort, and safety in mind. Unfortunately, manufacturing issues and defects happen, and a is occasionally issued.
While owners of vehicles affected by recalls should receive owner notification letters that outline the recall and repair procedures, this doesn't always happen. Perhaps your address recently changed, you accidentally tossed out the notification letter, your mail was lost, or other unforeseen issues prevented you from reading the notification letter.
It is important that vehicle owners are proactive about understanding recalls. If you are unsure if your Chevy Malibu is included in recent recalls, or even has outstanding recalls that need to be repaired, you may be worried about the safety of you and your passengers. DoNotPay can help you understand a Chevy Malibu recall and how to proceed.
What Is the Chevy Malibu Recall?
The most recent to date was August 2021. It includes certain 2016-2021 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles where the rear seat belt retractors may not be properly secured. It may have loose or missing fasteners, which means the seat belt retractor could malfunction in a crash and increase the risk of injury. However, there have been other recalls in recent years that could affect the safety of you or your passengers.
This includes more than 175,000+ 2018 Malibu sedans that had software problems that could disable fuel injectors and cause your engine to not start or even stall while in motion. Another recall affected certain 2016 Chevy Malibu vehicles manufactured between November 2015 - June 2016, where the fabric of side-impact airbag cushions could tear during deployment.
As you can see, these recalls, along with other older recalls, could be very dangerous, resulting in serious injury or death. What should you do if you own a Chevy Malibu? Do you know if your specific vehicle is included in any recalls?
How Do You Make a Claim for the Chevy Malibu Recall?
To make a claim for a Chevy Malibu recall, you will need to follow a few steps.
Verify That Your Vehicle Has a Recent Recall
- Owner Verification Letter: This is the most obvious way to know that your vehicle has had a recent recall. It may or may not show any other outstanding recalls of your vehicle that have not been repaired, so this may not be the most efficient way of making sure your vehicle is safe for the road.
- Check Your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): You can find your VIN number on the lower-left corner of your vehicle's windshield. It is 17 characters, and should also be on your car's registration card, and possibly on your insurance card. If you check for recalls by VIN, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) will show you unrepaired recalls for the last 15 years.
- Contact Chevrolet: Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 if they have questions, concerns, need to verify a recall, or schedule a repair.
Your Vehicle Has a Recall - Now What?
If your vehicle is included in a recall, laws stipulate that the manufacturer must offer you one of three options:
|Repair||They must repair the vehicle or the recalled part at no cost to you. If you've already paid for repairs, you may be entitled to a refund.|
|Replace||If they cannot fix the problem, the manufacturer can replace the vehicle with an identical vehicle or a similar model.|
|Refund||You can receive a refund, minus a reasonable depreciation amount, for your vehicle.|
Schedule a Repair
If your vehicle is included in a recall, the manufacturer will notify you of your available options. Most likely, you will be offered a free repair. At this point, you will likely be given a list of approved dealerships or locations that can repair the recall for free. You will then need to contact one of these locations to schedule a repair. Be prepared for wait times on the phone, and have multiple dates in mind in case they are busy or booked out.
Let DoNotPay Help With Your Chevy Malibu Recall
Verifying recalls and scheduling repairs can be tedious and time-consuming if you don't know where to start. Instead of waiting for letters that might be lost in the mail, spending time on the phone, or trying to search out information online, let DoNotPay help. DoNotPay makes it easy to verify if your Chevy Malibu has a recall. Just give us some basic information and we do the research for you.
How to Check for Safety Recalls on Your Vehicle Using Donotpay 's Car Recall Monitor
If you own a vehicle, whether it's used or new, it's crucial to check for recalls. Driving a recalled vehicle can lead to accidents, injuries, and even fatalities. Through our car recall monitor, you can quickly check for recalls.
How the Car Recall Monitor works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- We'll automatically check the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle has been involved in any recalls.
- We'll generate a report, summarizing all of the recalls, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediation, and more.
How to Schedule Car Dealership Appointments to Repair Recalled Vehicles Using DoNotPay
If your vehicle has been recalled, you're entitled to a free repair! Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle has been impacted.
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you.
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) you want to schedule your appointment for.
- Enter your Vehicle Identification Number.
And that's it! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask for your vehicle to be repaired for free.
Why Use DoNotPay to Assist With Vehicle Recalls?
DoNotPay has a history of providing fast and successful service, and we make the whole process easy for you. You no longer have to worry about making multiple phone calls or filling out tedious forms. You give us a few important pieces of information, and we do the search, present you with the information, and even schedule repairs for you. DoNotPay makes the process that simple.
DoNotPay Helps With All Kinds of Recalls
Vehicle recalls are not the only types of recalls you might find yourself questioning. No matter where you live, DoNotPay can help you understand food recalls as Tyson Chicken or Hot Pockets, or even dog food recalls. We can help with recalls like Metformin, Neutrogena Sunscreen, Philips CPAP Machine, or Peloton. Let DoNotPay take the stress, worry, and hassle out of claiming your recalls.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Assisting you with recalls is just one of the many things that DoNotPay can do. We can help you solve a variety of issues, including:
- Claiming Warranties
- Filing Insurance Claims
- Finding Missing Money
- Disputing Tickets
- Filing Complaints
Whatever concerns you, let DoNotPay help today!