How to Cancel PlayStation Plus Subscription in Several Minutes
PlayStation is a globally popular brand of videogames produced by Sony Interactive Entertainment. PlayStation features five home video game consoles, a media center, line controllers, and several magazines.
PlayStation Plus is a subscription-based service on the PlayStation Network that grants its users access to discounts, beta game versions, game demos, and premium downloadable content.
How to Cancel PlayStation Plus
You can cancel all active subscriptions on your PlayStation account by switching off the Auto-Renew setting. Here’s a quick look at the cancelation methods you can try.
Can you cancel with
|Yes / No|
Cancel PlayStation Plus via Phone
Give a ring to PlayStation’s customer support service at 877-971-7669 and request a cancelation.
Cancel PlayStation Plus via Web
Here is how you can cancel your PlayStation Plus subscription on the company’s website:
- Sign in to your account
- Go to Account Management
- Choose Subscription from the menu on the left
- Hit Turn Off Auto-Renew next to the subscription you want to cancel
Cancel PlayStation Plus via PS4
Should you decide to cancel PlayStation Plus via PS4, these are the steps to follow:
- Sign in to your PlayStation Network
- Select the following: Settings > Account Management > Account Information > PlayStation Subscriptions
- Hit Turn Off Auto-Renew linked to the subscription you wish to cancel
What if PlayStation Isn’t to Your Liking?
If you’re looking to switch from PlayStation, the remaining options on the market can feel overwhelming. Why not keep it simple?
Two other main players that are among players’ favorites are Nintendo Switch and Xbox One.
DoNotPay Discontinues Your PlayStation Plus Subscription for You
There’s no need to fidget with the manual unsubscribe options of your PlayStation Plus. Instead, let DoNotPay take care of it for you.
- Open the DoNotPay app in any web browser
- Go to Find Hidden Money
- Enter Playstation as the name of the service you want to cancel
We will let you know as soon as we’ve canceled the subscription.
Alternatively, you could connect your email or bank account to DoNotPay. This will allow us to quickly detect your dormant subscriptions and recommend that you cancel them (or better yet, let us do it for you).
Does PlayStation Plus Offer a Free Trial?
No, there is no free trial of PlayStation Plus. The cheapest you can try it for is $11.99 for a monthly subscription service.
Does PlayStation Prorate its Cancelations?
Yes, it does. According to PlayStation’s cancelation policy, you may be eligible for a refund within 14 days since you’ve signed up for the service, even if you started using it.
The refund could be reduced on a prorated basis based on how much you’ve used the service. This may appear as two transactions on your bank account statements—a refund of the full subscription charge you paid originally, followed by a smaller charge for the period you used the service.
DoNotPay can also help you get a PlayStation refund in the most straightforward way.
Will PlayStation Let Me Pause My Plus Subscription?
No, there is no option to pause your PlayStation Plus subscription.
DoNotPay’s Virtual Credit Card Wards Off Unsolicited Subscription Fees
Our Free Trial Card was developed with a single aim—to prevent an auto-renewed subscription fee after the trial period ends, even if you forgot to cancel the service.
Here’s how our card works:
- Creates random credit card information
- Gets approved on free trial pages
- Gets denied on subscription pages
DoNotPay’s virtual credit card isn’t linked to any bank account but generates credit card details that look like any other card issued by the bank. You can use it to sign up for a free trial without fearing it will result in a hefty fee after the complimentary trial period expires.
DoNotPay Can Help You With a Ton of Other Stuff
Powered by chatbot automation technology, our app is equipped with features that take care of various chores and issues on your behalf.
It’s not just service cancelations that we can do for you—DoNotPay can also step in when you’re dealing with bureaucratic or legal issues, like disputing a parking ticket or reporting fake health hotline robocalls.
We’ve compiled a handy list of things we can help you with:
- Holding the line when calling with customer service
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
You can access DoNotPay from any web browser.