There’s a New Gym in the Neighborhood? Cancel New York Sports Club With DoNotPay!
New York Sports Club is a chain of fitness clubs in New York City and surrounding areas. The company was established in 1973 and it belongs to Town Sports International Holdings. New York Sports Club has 30 locations in Manhattan. Besides regular workout sessions and programs for kids and families, they offer a range of classes listed under three categories:
- The Essentials
- Small Group Training
- Boutique Fitness
Cancel Your New York Sports Club Membership With DoNotPay
If you’re not satisfied with amenities at New York Sports Club locations, or you found another way to stay physically active, that gym membership is burning a hole in your pocket for no good reason.
Canceling your membership shouldn’t be as difficult as bench pressing 400 pounds. DoNotPay provides you with a method that makes the cancellation process easy and convenient, without jumping through hoops of customer support centers.
You can get rid of your New York Sports Club membership in three simple steps:
- Set up your DoNotPay account in any web browser
- Select Find Hidden Money when you log in
- Type in New York Sports Club when prompted
It is easier than shooting fish in a barrel. After you submit your request, our AI lawyer bots will take care of the rest and notify you after the cancellation is completed.
Keeping track of your subscriptions will be even easier if you connect your email address or bank account with our app. You will be able to identify unnecessary monthly charges right away and cancel them with the same tool.
Alternative Methods To Cancelling New York Sports Club Membership
Cancellation requirements for New York Sports Club are regulated by your Membership Agreement, and they might differ from state to state. You can cancel your membership in one of the following ways:
Can you cancel with
Yes / No
Canceling New York Sports Club Memberships in a Letter
As per their Membership Policies page, you can initiate a cancellation request by sending it via certified mail to the location where you signed up or to the Member Services department usually 30 days in advance. The process involves these steps:
- Write a letter stating that you want to cancel your membership
- Include relevant details like contact information and membership number
- Ask for a confirmation letter or email
- Check your club’s address by using the Find a gym page
- Send the letter by certified mail
Canceling New York Sports Club Memberships In Person
You can also visit any New York Sports Club location and request a membership cancellation. Before you go, check the business hours of that club and bring necessary documents such as your ID, membership card, or a copy of the membership agreement.
Issues You May Encounter When Canceling New York Sports Club Memberships
If you have a membership with an obligation term, then you can get out of your commitment in one of these ways:
- Early termination—Requires notice to the company within the period specified in the agreement and incurs an early termination fee
- Medical cancellation—Requires approved medical documents and might be subject to a fee, based on your state regulations
- Moving cancellation—Requires approved relocation documentation
Can I Suspend My New York Sports Club Membership?
Membership suspensions are possible after 90 days from the enrollment and cannot be applied retroactively. You can put your membership on hold for at least one month or 12 months at most. You can request a suspension in person at any clubs, but a monthly fee dependent on your membership type will be charged.
Can I Expect a Refund After Canceling the New York Sports Club Membership?
This gym chain doesn’t offer prorated refunds if you cancel before your membership expires. They do have a 10-day money-back guarantee for all plans.
What Are Some Alternatives to New York Sports Club?
If you live in the New York City area, another gym is almost always a stone's throw away. Here are some of the more popular alternatives to New York Sports Club:
From $185 monthly (varies by location)
From $46.99 (varies by location and commitment plan)
DoNotPay Fights Administration so You Don’t Have To
Access DoNotPay from any web browser and explore the vast portfolio of tools and features that can save you some time and money:
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Eliminating spam mail for good
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Asking for refunds and compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Cutting the waiting time when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Using free trials risk-free
- Scheduling a DMV appointment in moments
- Taking care of bills that are too high
- Getting refunds from various companies
- Stopping robocall scammers
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment