If Brain Games Give You a Headache, Cancel Lumosity With DoNotPay
Lumosity, created by Lumos Labs, is a set of online games that can supposedly improve problem-solving skills, information-processing speed, flexibility, memory, and focus. The service has been around for ten years and currently counts 100 million members worldwide.
Their brain training games can be accessed on desktop, iOS, and Android apps. While signing up and using the limited, basic version is free, you will have to get a paid subscription for full access.
Lumosity Subscription Plans
Those who want to explore all Lumosity games can choose between individual or family subscription plans:
All options except for the lifetime plan work as recurring charges. For Yearly and Two Year plans, you will have to pay the full amount upfront for the stated period. The benefits of subscription plans compared to the free version are:
- Full five-game workouts
- Reports tailored to your performance
- Access to all 60+ games
- Tools to track your training
- Intelligent workout recommendations
- Personalized feedback
Family plans provide access to five total accounts per plan. The list of accounts using the same plan can be modified anytime.
How to Cancel Lumosity With DoNotPay?
The science behind Lumosity doesn’t necessarily add up as there’s no conclusive proof that memory training improves cognitive functions. While it might be fun to forget about your stressful day by playing a game or two, do you really need to pay for them when there’s so much free entertainment out there?
In case you want to save some money and cancel your Lumosity subscription, DoNotPay can help you do it hassle-free. The method we use is simple and straightforward:
- Set up your account in a
- Select Find Hidden Money when you log in
- Enter Lumosity as the subscription you want to remove
As soon as we cancel the subscription, you will receive a notification in the app.
You can easily keep track of your monthly subscriptions and memberships if you connect your email address or bank account to DoNotPay. If you locate some that you no longer want, cancel them right away with our app.
What Are Other Ways to Cancel Lumosity Subscriptions?
All available options to stop your Lumosity monthly charges are presented in the table below:
Can you cancel with
Yes / No
Canceling Lumosity on the Website
Getting rid of Lumosity via your account means stopping the auto-renewal option. Here’s how it works if you’re using a web browser:
- Log in to Lumosity with your credentials
- Hit your name in the top right corner and choose Account Settings from the list
- Find Billing Information
- Click Manage Billing and then Cancel Auto-Renewal
- Confirm the cancelation and provide reasons for unsubscribing
Canceling Lumosity via the Android App
If you used Lumosity on your Android device, you can cancel the subscription in the app:
- Open the Lumosity app
- Hit Settings
- Toggle the Auto-Renewal slider, so it becomes gray
- Tap Cancel Auto-Renewal to confirm
Canceling Lumosity on iTunes
iOS users can stop their Lumosity subscriptions on iTunes by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your smart device
- Hit iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID
- Select View Apple ID
- Log in if necessary
- Choose Subscriptions
- Select Lumosity and tap on Cancel Subscription
Does Lumosity Offer Free Trials?
You cannot try out Lumosity Premium for free. The only option available free of charge is the app’s basic version.
Can I Get a Prorated Refund When I Cancel My Lumosity Plan?
As per Lumosity’s Payment Policy, partial or pro-rated refunds are not possible. While yearly and lifetime plans include a 30-day money-back guarantee, refunds are not issued for monthly subscriptions.
Problems You Might Encounter When Canceling Lumosity
If you subscribed to Lumosity with a yearly or lifetime plan but decided you don’t need it, after all, you can request a refund only within 30 days from the purchase. In case you change your mind after that period, you won’t be able to get your money back.
Users who get a Lumosity subscription through iTunes also do not qualify for refunds. They are advised to turn off auto-renewal options at least one day before the next billing cycle to avoid unnecessary charges.
Bear in mind that uninstalling or deleting the app from your device doesn’t mean the subscription is canceled.
What Do Lumosity Charges Look Like on Your Statement?
If you’re unsure whether you’re still being charged for Lumosity, look for these codes on your bank statement:
|PAYPAL INST XFER LUMOSITY WEB ID: PAYPALSI77||PAYPAL INST XFER LUMOSITY||PaymentTo Lumosity.com|
|Payment to Lumosity.com||LUMOSITY.COM|
DoNotPay Is the Ultimate Tool for Fighting Annoying Bureaucracy
We provide trouble-free assistance with numerous administrative and consumer issues. The world’s first robot lawyer can help you stop dangerous spam emails, fight annoying robocalls, lower your bills, or protect yourself from landlord harassment.
You can access DoNotPay from a .
Set up your account and explore the full range of useful features and solutions to various issues:
- Suing people and businesses in small claims court
- Serving some sweet revenge to robocall scammers
- Asking for refunds for delayed and canceled flights
- Canceling other subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Requesting refunds from various companies
- Skipping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Challenging speeding tickets
- Scheduling a DMV appointment with no trouble
- Signing up for free trials without credit card info
- Resolving credit card issues
- Contesting parking tickets
- Managing bills that are too high
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Stopping spam mail for good