How to Get the Cheapest Best Buy Screen Repair
Repairs can be expensive, sometimes even costing an entire paycheck to get something working again. You can try to haggle the price down a bit, but it may not always work.
Employees often aren't allowed to give out discounts on their own, and some managers are too stubborn to let one go through. Given this, how can you get a good deal on a
DoNotPay can help you get a good deal on a repair just about anywhere. Since they're often so costly to have done, having to put out all that money is the most frustrating part of the process.
However, DoNotPay can help you avoid some of the associated fees that come with getting a repair done, such as shop fees or part markups.
How Much Does Best Buy Charge for Screen Repairs?
The is performed by their Geek Squad department. They're authorized to perform repairs on all Samsung and Apple devices, such as a Galaxy or iPhone. Best Buy's prices are on the higher end of the typical price range for screen repairs. However, they only use parts certified by Apple or Samsung, so you won't be getting any knock-off product repairs done to your device.
If you have a warranty on your phone, the price for a screen repair may be cheaper. The only warranty that applies to Apple products is AppleCare+, but Best Buy has three other warranties, including Geek Squad Basic Protection, Geek Squad Complete Protection, and Best Buy Protection.
Apple screen repair costs:
|iPhone 13||$29 (with warranty); $279 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone 12 Mini||$29 (with warranty); $229 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone 11 Pro Max||$29 (with warranty); $329 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone XR||$29 (with warranty); $199 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone 8 Plus||$29 (with warranty); $169 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone 7||$29 (with warranty); $149 (out of warranty)|
|iPhone SE||$29 (with warranty); $129 (out of warranty)|
Samsung screen repair costs (warranty price not included):
|Note 20 5G||$219.99|
|S20 FE 5G||$149.99|
How to Get a Repair From Best Buy
To get a repair from Best Buy, you'll want to schedule an appointment. They're usually booked and can't take any walk-ins. To get a screen repair from Best Buy:
- Go to Best Buy's website.
- In the upper left-hand corner, click on the "menu" tab.
- Under the menu tab, click "support and services," and then click "schedule a service."
- You'll be prompted to click an option describing the item you need service for. It will either be "computers and tablets" or "cell phones and plans" for a screen repair.
- After you choose a category, you'll need to select the specific type of device you have. After selecting your device, click "schedule a repair or tune-up."
- Choose the location you want the repair to be performed at, and then click "schedule."
- You'll need to sign in with or create a Best Buy account.
- Fill out the rest of the required information, such as personal information and details about the phone you have, as well as the issue with it.
- Bring your device to Best Buy on the scheduled date, and they'll fix your damaged screen.
How to Avoid Excessive Best Buy Screen Repair Costs
Avoiding Best Buy screen repair costs isn't easy, but the need to avoid such costs isn't usually necessary. Best Buy's Geek Squad provides an itemized receipt and doesn't make any repairs you don't ask for. They may ask if you want a type of repair for a problem they found while repairing your screen, but they usually won't repair without approval first.
However, there are cases where this does happen on occasion. The main problem with trying to avoid these extra fees is that Best Buy sends products off to a Geek Squad City repair facility. It's hard to argue the repair cost directly with the store.
Avoid Excessive Best Buy Screen Repair Costs With DoNotPay
While Best Buy's Geek Squad may not charge excessive fees all the time, it's something you do need to be careful of when going through any repair shop for a broken screen. Sometimes, repair shops will charge shop fees, mark up their part prices more than necessary, or even broken parts to charge you for an extra repair.
However, DoNotPay can help you avoid all these unnecessary fees by finding the cheapest and best repair shops in your area. You can get your screen repaired without having to worry about an extra charge.
How to start saving on repairs with DoNotPay:
- Search for Quote My Repair on DoNotPay.
- Enter the details of the repair you need.
- Let DoNotPay find competitive rates for that repair in your area and any relevant information to keep you from being overcharged.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies
Not only can you get your screen repaired at the lowest price with DoNotPay, but you can get almost anything repaired with them. They'll find you the lowest price for any repair, including repairs for:
- Nintendo Joy-Cons
- iPhone Screens
- GE Appliances
- IG Refrigerators
- Sears Appliances
- Samsung Devices
- Safelight Auto Glass
- Apple Repairs
- Apple Watch Screen Repairs
Helping you find the lowest repair cost is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- Paying bills
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
- DMV appointments
- Filing a complaint
- Missing money issues
- Reduction of property taxes
- Free trials
- Small claims court
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do anything. Whether you need a screen repair or help with bills, they're there to help. A few other things they can help with include warranty claims, hotel bill negotiations, and utility outages. Whenever you need something done, make sure to look to DoNotPay first.