How to Get a Vermont Hunting License
Hunting in Vermont is a tradition that dates back through many generations. Vermont is a state with many rural opportunities for both hunting and trapping. For that reason, the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Departments offer laws and regulations to not only connect with nature, but to ensure a continuing sustainable food source for years to come.
Want to get your Vermont Hunting License? DoNotPay offers ato get it in only three simple steps!
Awesome Hunting in Vermont
Hunting opportunities are plentiful in Vermont, with some hunters choosing , such as archery, muzzleloading, and trapping. Wildlife is plentiful, with many species calling Vermont home. With variety of birds and small and large game, there is a varietal offering of game, including:
- Black Bear
- Small Game
- Wild Turkey
- Fur Bearers
What Is Required to Get a Vermont Hunting License?
Any person engaged in fishing, hunting, trapping or taking any wild animals must be properly licensed, unless you are a resident or nonresident landowner. To obtain a resident license, you must have resided in the state for a minimum of six months.
An applicant for a hunting or combination license must present either:
- A previous or current hunting license, combination license, or current hunter safety certification card, from any state or Canadian province.
- A person under age 16 must have his or her parent or guardian sign in the presence of an issuing agent to obtain a hunting license.
There are specific types of licenses for those in the military, people with disabilities, mentored hunting and others. See the website for more detailed descriptions.
What Is the Cost for a Vermont Hunting License?
The cost for a resident Vermont hunting license is as follows:
|Annual Hunting License
|Annual Hunting and Fishing Combo
|5-Year Hunting License
|Annual Youth Hunting License
|Annual Youth Hunting and Fishing Combo
|Permanent license (66-year-old residents)
How Do I Get a Vermont Hunting License on My Own?
Depending on which is most convenient for you, there are three ways that you can choose from when getting a license on your own.
- You can go to the website for the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Department at https://vtfishandwildlife.com. Click on the subheading of Licenses and Lotteries. Click on the green bar to complete the questionnaire and get your license online
- You can go to the list of locations and find one that is near you. There are addresses and phone numbers, so if you are unfamiliar with the location, call ahead to check on the hours of availability.
- Print the form from the list of several options. Complete and mail to the address provided.
What to Do if You’re Having Trouble Obtaining a Vermont Hunting License by Yourself?
If you are short on time, or just don't know where to start, DoNotPay can help. We make obtaining your Vermont Hunting License easy and quick. You can successfully fill out your information in just three easy steps!
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to get your hunting license:
1. Search "hunting license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a hunting license for.
2. Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, an annual or one-time pass, big game or small game license, bear tag, etc.
3. Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get the hunting license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Should I Use DoNotPay to Get My Vermont Hunting License?
If obtaining a hunting license prior to your trip makes you feel exhausted, this can be a deal-breaker. DoNotPay makes it a breeze to get your Vermont hunting license.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Other Problems Too?
You bet! We can help you solve so many of the problems that you deal with on a daily basis. Here are some issues that DoNotPay can handle for you:
Download DoNotPay and let us help you solve your problems today.