How to Get an Ohio Hunting License
Each year, your excitement grows as hunting season approaches, and you make plans to spend a day out in the woods with friends or plan a hunting trip. You can use the game to stock your freezer for the rest of the year.
Before you can put on your camouflage, you need to buy an Ohio hunting license. You might have bought a hunting license on your own in the past and know what a pain it can be. This year, you can take the easy option by using DoNotPay when buying an Ohio hunting license.
Who Is Eligible to Get an Ohio Hunting License?
Whether you live in Ohio or want to hunt while visiting, everyone is required to have a license while hunting. If you're buying your first Ohio hunting license, you'll need to provide proof that you've completed a hunter's education course. Anyone, age 15 and under, must be accompanied by an adult while hunting.
Hunting in Ohio
If you're looking to go deer hunting and bring down a buck with many antlers, then Ohio is the place to go hunting. Ohio offers a variety of landscapes and public lands for hunting. In addition to the large deer, Ohio has many hunting options, such as waterfowl, wild turkey, and small game.
What Are the Different Types of Hunting Licenses in Ohio?
When you're buying an Ohio hunting license, you need to choose the right one for your situation. Here's a closer look at the available licenses:
- Youth License - Whether you're a resident or non-resident, if you're age 17 or younger, you need the youth hunting license
- Resident License - If you live in Ohio, and you're between the ages of 18 and 64, this is your license
- Non-Resident License - This license is for anyone over the age of 17 who doesn't live in Ohio but wants to hunt here.
- Senior License - Any resident, age 65 and older, qualifies for an Ohio senior hunting license.
Hunting License Costs in Ohio
In Ohio, there are different hunting licenses, and they each have a different price point. You may also need to buy tags and special permits depending on the time of year and the type of animal. Here's a look at the cost of an Ohio hunting license:
|Non-Resident License||$180.96 per year|
How Much Is the Fine for Hunting Without a License?
There is a $75 fine for hunting without a license, and you'll need to pay court costs that start at $79 for a first offense.
How to Get an Ohio Hunting License on Your Own
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources issues all hunting licenses, and you'll need to purchase your hunting permit online at their website. This means that you'll have to upload all required documentation and wait for your hunting permit to arrive in the mail.
Solve the Challenges of Getting an Ohio Hunting License With the Help of DoNotPay
An Ohio hunting license is your ticket to a season full of fun and fresh game to enjoy throughout the year. However, you might find it challenging to buy an Ohio hunting license on your own, and it can be time-consuming too. You need an easier way. The good news is that the DoNotPay can partner with you to get your hunting license without the hassle.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to get your hunting license:
1. Search "hunting license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a hunting license for.
2. Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, an annual or one-time pass, big game or small game license, bear tag, etc.
3. Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get the hunting license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Challenges of Getting an Ohio Hunting License
If you need an Ohio hunting license, and you don't want to waste time, DoNotPay is your best choice.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Along with buying your Ohio hunting license, there might be other questions and services you need about hunting and licenses. DoNotPay can offer help on a broad assortment of topics. Check these out to get you started:
- Get a hunting license online
- Instructions for getting a hunting license
- Discover the cost of getting a hunting
- Age Requirements for a hunting license
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
After you’ve successfully purchased an Ohio hunting license, it's time to learn about other ways DoNotPay can help. Check out these options:
- Find out if you have any missing money
- Schedule DMV appointments.
- Register a trademark to keep others from using your intellectual property
- Discover and Apply for Scholarships
- And more!
Sign-up now with DoNotPay and watch all your difficult tasks get completed one by one.