How to Obtain a Washington Hunting License The Easy Way
People in every state enjoy spending long days outdoors hunting for games with friends and family. It's a favorite pastime of many, and it helps keep animal population numbers in check. If you , you'll need to obtain a Washington hunting license before you head out.
Getting a hunting license used to involve several boring steps, and you often had to wait weeks to find out whether your request was approved. With DoNotPay, you just have to enter in a few key pieces of information, and we handle the rest. It just takes a few minutes of your time, and it can be done with a few taps on your smartphone or clicks on your computer.
Who Is Eligible for a Hunting License in Washington?
Each state has its own set of guidelines and rules about who can obtain a hunting license. In , there is no minimum or maximum age to get a hunting license, but those who were born after 1971 must provide proof that they completed an approved hunting education class. The state also offers several types of hunting licenses, including:
- Big game hunting license
- Small game hunting license
- Field trial permits
- Special hunt permits
- Special trapping permits
- Hunt contest permit
Before engaging in any of the above activities, you must make sure you have obtained the proper license or permit.
Here are a few examples of the costs of those different types of permits/licenses you need when you are hunting something specific:
Small Game License Costs
|Small Game Discount
|3-Day Small Game
|Turkey Tag #1
|Additional Turkey Tags
Big Game License Costs
|Deer+Elk+Bear+Cougar License W/discounted Small game license
|Deer+Elk License W/discounted Small game license
To check out the full list visit Hunting licenses | Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife
Hunting in Washington
Washington provides numerous unique hunting opportunities to those with hunting licenses in the state. Its unique terrain and weather patterns have created a consistent home for deer, elk, black bears, mountain goats, moose, and so much more. The state also has different seasons for different types of games and weapons, like firearms, archery, and muzzleloaders.
Black bear season, for example, takes place between August 1st and November 15th, though most residents agree that the best hunting takes place between September 1st and November 30th. During this period, hunters are permitted to hunt the smallest game, turkeys, and cougars, and animals tend to be more active. Hunters seeking the best thrills should definitely go out during these times to get the best experiences possible.
How to Get a Washington Hunting License on Your Own
When the time comes to get your , you will need to perform the following series of tasks:
- Complete a hunter safety course if you have not already
- Visit the Washington state online licensing portal
- Click on the "Recreational Login" button
- Log in using an existing username, or create a new account by hitting the blue "Enroll Today" button
- Locate the appropriate license and add it to your cart
- Check out and enter your credit card information
- Wait to receive your license in the mail - it can take ten days or more to arrive
Alternatively, you can call the licensing office at 360-902-2464 or visit an approved license dealer to carry out the task over the phone or in person. No matter which method you decide, you will have to present your social security number when purchasing a hunting license if you are over the age of 15. These processes may seem straightforward, but many people aren't sure about which type of license they need when they try to sign up, or they are put on hold for hours at a time when the offices are busy.
You can bypass all of these headaches by relying on DoNotPay instead.
How to Get a Washington Hunting License Easily With DoNotPay
If you would rather not jump through those hoops and spend hours working on getting your own hunting license, you can rely on DoNotPay to do the hard work for you. Just follow these three easy steps:
- Search "hunting license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a hunting license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, an annual or one-time pass, big game or small game license, bear tag, etc.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get the hunting license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Hunting License
The reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued service is due to to the fact that its:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for Me?
DoNotPay is the world's first AI Consumer Champion, and we use the power of artificial intelligence to help people like you check off all kinds of boring or complicated tasks on their to-do lists. Some of the other tasks we can handle for you include:
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
- Deleting your Instagram account
- Connecting with an inmate
- Appealing banned accounts
- Providing burner phones
If you feel overwhelmed by all of the tasks you have to get done on a daily basis, you're not alone! DoNotPay can help with dozens of tasks, making you better able to focus on other things that require your attention.