Sample Letter Requesting Testing Accommodation That Works
When you or someone you love deals with a disability and needs special testing accommodations, you want to make sure that happens. However, it isn't always as easy as it should be.
You're looking for a , so you can make sure they're available when it's time to take the test. You might have tried writing a letter on your own without any response. DoNotPay can send a letter that doesn't get ignored.
What Are Testing Accommodations?
When a person struggles with some form of disability, the testing center should provide accommodations to meet their needs. This can include a variety of things, from a ramp to enter the building or someone to read the questions aloud to the person taking the test.
However, you cannot arrive at the testing center the day of the test and expect accommodations to be in place. This requires you to reach out to the testing center in advance, so you can determine if they can make the accommodations and provide them with time to make them.
There are some federal laws that require testing centers and other businesses to make accommodations. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 is the most recent and comprehensive of these laws to ensure you can get the testing accommodations that you need.
What Types of Testing Accommodations Are Offered?
When you need testing accommodations, there are a variety of possible accommodations that you may be given. Based on the disability, the accommodations aim to level the playing field for the test to ensure it reflects accurate results and abilities. Some of the most common types of testing accommodations include:
- Changes in the ways the testing materials are presented
- Provides the testing at a different time
- Allows the test taker to provide answers in a different format
- Makes changes in the testing environment, such as lowered lighting or less noise
Sample Letter: What to Include When Requesting Testing Accommodations
To request testing accommodations, you often have to write a . These letters can be hard to write on your own, but if you want to, here are some elements you should include, along with sample sentences for each element:
|What to Include in Your Letter
|I am [name], the parent of [child’s name].
|[Person’s name] has been diagnosed with
[specific disability], which impacts their educational needs, like [provide examples of how it impacts the educational needs.]
|I need accommodations for [subject]. I would like to create a fair accommodation plan that includes the appropriate accommodations, like [example accommodations].
Request Testing Accommodations With DoNotPay!
It can be challenging to get the testing accommodations you need. If you don’t want to write the sample letter yourself, since it is time-consuming and tricky to get right, you can turn to DoNotPay for help! We can write the testing accommodations request letter for you.
With DoNotPay, you only need to complete these three steps:
- Search for testing accommodations on DoNotPay.
- Start our Request My Testing Accommodation product by telling us which test you intend to take.
- Answer some questions about your specific disability and testing plans.
And that's it! We will do all the work for you.
Why Use DoNotPay to Write Your Letter Requesting Testing Accommodations for You
Here's a look at the three main reasons that people use DoNotPay to write a sample letter requesting testing accommodations:
- It's easy to use the app and fill in the necessary information.
- It's fast, so you can go back to completing other tasks.
- It's successful, so you'll be taking the tests you need in the near future, with the proper accommodations.
DoNotPay’s Sample Letter Works Across All Testing Accommodations
While you might need testing accommodations now for you or your child to take the ACT now, you also might need them again for another type of testing. The DoNotPay app wants to help you find the testing accommodations you need, no matter what the test is. Here's a look at a few of the most common types of testing accommodations:
- Accommodations to take the LSAT
- Testing accommodations
- Accommodations to take the MCAT
- Accommodations to take the ACT
- Accommodations for ADHD testing
What Else Can DoNotPay Do to Help Make Your Life Easier?
With your letter requesting testing accommodations submitted, you'll be happy to know that DoNotPay can help you with a variety of other everyday chores. The app was designed to make your life a little easier with whatever you need to accomplish. You'll find yourself turning to DoNotPay each time you need to complete a new task.
Here are a few options for you to try out:
- Generate the paperwork to take a business or person to small claims court
- Jump the line for customer service calls
- Find and apply for scholarships to be able to afford college
- Fight and get companies to waive fees
- And much more!
Create your letter requesting testing accommodations today with the help of the DoNotPay app!