How to Get Rid of Qatar Airways Email Spam Without Stress
For a reputable company such as Qatar Airways, data protection and privacy are of utmost importance. The company takes all the necessary measures to protect each customer and employee from phishing emails and online frauds. Still, if any of them comes to your inbox, DoNotPay can help you get rid of them fast and easy and even get compensation!
Qatar Airways Email—Spam or Scam?
Qatar Airways is continually warning its customers about a number of phishing emails allegedly sent by Qatar Duty-Free or Qatar Airways. These emails are sent by scammers, not the company itself, and are intended to steal your personal data, including your credit card and Privilege Club membership information.
Cybercriminals are quite crafty, and it may be difficult to spot the difference between a phishing email and an official email from the airline. To avoid getting scammed via email, pay close attention to what the emails allegedly from Qatar Airways look like.
Here’s how you can discern phishing emails from legitimate ones:
- The emails aren’t sent from Qatar Airways official email domains — Address may appear eerily similar to qmiles.com, qatarairways.com, or qatardutyfree.com.qa, but a closer inspection will reveal the subtle differences. There might be an N instead of an M, or one E instead of two in the email domain. Double-check the email addresses before you open an email
- Qatar Airways will never charge you any recruitment fees — If you’ve applied for a particular position within Qatar Airways, know that any email requesting you to pay money to advance to the next stage of the recruitment process is a scam
- The company never sends a job proposal via email without meeting a candidate in person or via a video call — If you get an email with a subject line that tells you you’ve got a job, without previously talking to Qatar Airways representatives, feel free to report email abuse
Qatar Airways vs. Scammers
Email scammers have gone as far as to include official-looking Privilege Club, Qatar Airways, or Qatar Duty-Free logos in their emails. They might also insert other information, taken directly from qmiles.com, qatarairways.com, or qatardutyfree.com.qa, in order to make the phishing emails look as legitimate as possible.
That said, regardless of how reminiscent of the actual Qatar Airways emails the phishing emails may be, the scammers can never send them from one of the company’s official domains.
On top of that, Qatar Airways will never ask you for personal information via email. In the case of the company’s frequent flyer program—Privilege Club—Qatar Airways may ask you to log in to your Privilege Club account and provide you with a link in the email. Even then, they will not ask for your credentials or your password via email. If an email looks suspicious for whatever reason, it’s always safer to contact the company’s customer support if you require any assistance from them than to click potentially harmful links.
One thing to keep in mind is that Qatar Airways doesn’t organize lotteries. If you see an email from Qatar Airways in your inbox, claiming that you have won a lottery prize—don’t open it! It is a scam.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Rid Of Qatar Airways Email Spam and Unsolicited Emails
Phishing emails, aside from being irritating, can be quite dangerous. If you open them, you can quickly become a victim of online fraud. Ignoring them is one option, but unsubscribing from them is an even better solution. The world’s first robot lawyer—DoNotPay—can help you get rid of spam for good and protect yourself from email scammers.
You can access DoNotPay from any web browser, and the procedure is pretty straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Log into you DoNotPay account
- Select Spam Collector Option
- Enter your email address to connect it with DoNotPay
- Next time you receive a spam or phishing email, just forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your email is delivered to us, we’ll unsubscribe you from the associated mailing list automatically. The process can take up to 48 hours, but we’ll notify you as soon as you’re successfully unsubscribed.
If there’s a class-action suit against the sender, DoNotPay will send you a notification so you can join the lawsuit if you are interested. Not only will you be unsubscribed, but you might also receive compensation if you become a class member.
What to Do if You Receive a Qatar Airways Scam Email
If you receive a phishing email, don’t panic. Scam emails are not a joke, but there are ways to deal with them.
What to Do When You Receive a Qatar Airways Scam Email
|Once you receive a suspicious email, one of the ways of dealing with it is to delete it|
Another way of dealing with an unwanted message is to report it. By reporting spam, you will not only protect yourself but other users too
Never Give Your Details
|Scammers use emails to trick you into giving them your data. Phishing emails may also include attachments—links you are asked to follow to run a specific action, such as to update your payment details. Bear in mind that Qatar Airways will never ask for your personal data. If you receive an email asking for your personal and financial information, don’t respond to it|
Using DoNotPay, not only will you unsubscribe from an unwanted mailing list, but you may also receive compensation if there’s a class-action suit against the sender
You Followed a Link in Unsolicited Email—Now What?
If you have followed the link attached to a scam email and supplied your personal and financial information, you need to act fast.
Warn your bank about the situation so that they can freeze your account or block transfers to new recipients. Don’t forget to change the login details you use for any account that might be compromised.
Spam Emails Can Cause a Lot of Trouble—DoNotPay Will Help You Learn How to Deal With Them
Spam emails are annoying and dangerous. Knowing how to deal with them will keep you from a lot of trouble. You are not alone— DoNotPay is at your service to help you learn:
- How to unsubscribe from emails
- What’s a spam email
- How to stop spam emails
- How to report spam email
- How to stop receiving emails
- How to block spam email on Android
- The importance of reporting email abuse
Getting Rid of Physical Junk Mail With DoNotPay
Spam emails are quite irritating, but they’re a lot easier to ignore than physical junk mail. DoNotPay can help you get rid of unsolicited physical mail too. All you should do is take a snapshot of the mail you received and send it to us.
The process is quite simple:
- Go to the DoNotPay homepage in your browser
- Choose the DoNotMail option
- Click on the Enroll Now button
- Upload a photo of the junk mail and send it to email@example.com
Using the DoNotMail option, you’ll protect yourself against potential scams, all the while helping save the environment. You may even get up to 500 dollars in compensation if a class action suit against the sender ends in a settlement.
Dealing With Different Legal Issues Is a Lot Easier With DoNotPay
DoNotPay will help you get rid of unwanted emails for good, but that’s not all. The best robot lawyer in the world is here to help you resolve all manner of legal issues. Access DoNotPay from any web browser. Whenever you need us, we are at your service to help you with:
- Canceling your subscription or memberships
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Getting in touch with the customer service
- Suing companies and people in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Getting compensation for canceled or delayed flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Dealing with bills you can’t cover
- Getting refunds from companies
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Getting rid of spam mail
- Protecting yourself from harassment and stalking
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Signing up for free trials risk-free