A Complete Guide to Enrolling in Ketamine Clinical Trials
Ketamine is mainly used as a dissociative anesthetic. It’s available by prescription for people and animals. As it happens with many other drugs, ketamine has also been frequently abused because of its hallucinogenic effects. It’s also very popular as a “date rape” drug.
Researchers are interested in the beneficial effects of ketamine on depressive disorders, and that’s what clinical trials mostly concentrate on.
How To Find the Nearest Ketamine Clinical Trials With DoNotPay
DoNotPay allows you to set up the filters and view only clinical trials you’d like to participate in. With us, you can set up preferences such as:
- Type of study
This makes your search much simpler and more organized.
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from a web browser
- Click on Get Started in the Clinical Trials section
- Choose your filters
- Select the study you like and click on Contact Now
DoNotPay will then contact the researchers via email to send your application for the study you chose. You can contact as many researchers as you want.
Advantages of Relying on DoNotPay
DoNotPay can maximize your chances of participating in clinical trials dedicated to ketamine or any other drug or condition.
These are some of the perks of using DoNotPay to find clinical trials:
- Variety of clinical trials and studies—from paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers to interventional studies dedicated to various treatments
- If you enroll in paid clinical studies, you get to keep your compensation
- DoNotPay offers a bookmarking option to enable easier monitoring of clinical trials you’d like to join in the future
- The database is always up-to-date
- Users can sign up for text notifications regarding the newest clinical trials that match their preferences
What Are Ketamine Clinical Trials?
Ketamine clinical trials are mostly dedicated to exploring the effects of ketamine on patients who suffer from depressive disorders.
Researchers have concluded that ketamine can be beneficial for people with depression resistant to treatments. That’s why many clinical trials examine various aspects of the ketamine treatment and its effect on brain chemistry.
Usually, other MDD (major depressive disorder) treatments can take weeks to be effective. Many researchers believe that ketamine can be an instant antidepressant and help the patients who have suicidal thoughts feel better within a day of taking the drug.
Alternative Ways To Find Ketamine Clinical Trials
Interested in other ways of finding and applying for ketamine clinical trials? DoNotPay is the most convenient option, but here are some alternatives:
Why Participate? Pros of Enrolling in Ketamine Clinical Trials
If you suffer from MDD, you know how challenging everyday life can be. Some treatments can help but often too slowly. Ketamine could be a solution for treating severe depression because it creates a feeling of relaxation and helps you calm.
You should participate in ketamine clinical trials if you’re not afraid of side effects and believe that the drug could be beneficial for your mental health.
Another advantage of enrolling can be compensation, but you should consider all other factors before deciding to enroll solely because of financial gain.
Sometimes, researchers could conduct medical surveys on patients who underwent surgeries and were given ketamine. Those surveys aim to give a better understanding of how the patients felt after the surgery and what effect ketamine had.
Will I Get Paid for Participating in Ketamine Clinical Trials?
The majority of treatment clinical trials are paid, especially if the risks are severe, but some researchers might offer to cover only the travel expenses.
You should find out whether or not you get compensation before enrolling. That info should be included in the protocol or contract.
If there’s compensation in play, the sum will depend on the researchers’ budget and other factors such as:
- Potential risks
- Severity of side effects
- Phase of the trial
Surveys are usually paid the least, while volunteers in extensive clinical trials can be offered thousands of dollars.
The earlier the phase of the trial is, the bigger the risks and compensation are. Participants in phases 0 and I earn the most because these two trial stages carry the highest risks and have a minimal number of participants.
Ketamine Clinical Trial Phases
Clinical trials usually have five phases. The first four have to be successful before the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) approves a drug for public use.
Side-Effects of Ketamine
Before you decide to enroll in ketamine clinical trials, you should be aware of the potential side-effects.
The most frequent side-effects are dizziness, hallucinations, slurred speech, feeling detached from the body, etc.
Ketamine abusers can expect the following:
- Memory loss
- Attention issues
- High blood pressure
- Kidney problems
People will react differently to ketamine depending on the dosage, combination with other drugs, pre-existing conditions, etc.
What Else Can DoNotPay Be Useful For?
Besides that, DoNotPay offers an array of handy features that help you fight many administrative issues efficiently. Open your account in a web browser and we will assist you in:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Requesting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Taking care of bills you can’t pay
- Setting up the DMV appointments super quickly
- Dealing with stalkers and harassment
- Serving companies and individuals justice in small claims court
- Requesting refunds from any company
- Reporting robocalls and requesting compensation
- Registering for free trials without your credit card info
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting rid of spam emails
- Contacting customer care specialists of any company
- Blocking and reporting text spam
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Applying for various clinical studies
- Resolving credit card problems
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Terminating unwanted subscriptions or memberships