How to Cancel an IKEA Order Easily
IKEA is popular for its budget-friendly furniture and home accessories with over 60 million customer visits and nearly 500 million online visits in the US alone. You probably signed up ready to spruce up your house with some stylish DIY furniture and decor. But now you've realized that you may not require the purchase or your address has changed and you would like to know how to perform an IKEA cancel an order.
Canceling an order by yourself can get tricky and frustrating, especially if you don't have the right information or the time to complete the process.
That's why this article will prove handy because it will provide you with a step-by-step guide on and extra helpful information should you need to sue the company. We'll also see why is the best one-stop solution for canceling orders today.
How to Cancel an IKEA Purchase
To cancel an IKEA purchase, you are required to reach out to customer support through:
The phone number to use is 1-866-866-IKEA (4532). Your call will either get picked by support staff immediately or lead you to an automated service. Make sure to answer the prompts correctly to get directed to a company representative.
Keep these conditions in mind when making the cancellation:
- You should make the request 24 hours before delivery
- You will receive a full purchase refund within 14 days
- The delivery fee is non-refundable meaning it's not included in the purchase refund
- The refund will be completed via the same payment mode used to make the purchase
Customer support may also ask you to send an email through the contact form on the IKEA website. You are required to fill in the form and submit it. This applies to canceling orders online as well.
You can cancel your online order through your account if the purchase process hasn't made too much progress. If you notice that you can't cancel on this platform, you should quickly contact customer support using the number provided above.
|IKEA Customer Support Number||1-866-866-IKEA (4532)|
|IKEA Cancellation Form||via IKEA personal account|
|IKEA Cancellation FAQ||https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/customer-service/terms-conditions/online-ordering-terms-and-conditions-pubc1b2caa1|
Potential Problems When Canceling an IKEA Purchase
Making a cancellation is by no means an easy fit to achieve and with IKEA you'll more than likely encounter the following challenges:
- Long Phone Queue
- Many customers have felt the pain of trying to get through to IKEA customer support on time via the phone. In most cases, you may end up paying the shipping charge simply because you couldn't cancel the order on time. However, getting through to customer support is the best option you have to cancel an order so you should keep trying until you get the help you need.
- Lagging Email Canceling Process
- The email form provided through your IKEA account is in most cases unreliable for making order cancellations. You may find that the order is still scheduled for delivery despite submitting a cancellation.
- Refuse the Delivery
- Once the order is dispatched for delivery, the company recommends that you reject the delivery. The refusal will activate a refund request which will allow you to receive a refund minus the shipping charge. If you choose to return the purchase to a physical store, make sure to carry the receipt and a valid photo ID and check that the package is undamaged and unopened.
- Contact a Third-Party Company
- If the cancellation window is still active, you can contact DoNotPay to help you connect to customer support without waiting on hold. Once a representative takes the call, we will notify you so you can make the cancellation request.
Is IKEA Being Difficult? DoNotPay Can Help You Sue It
If IKEA has wronged you and you can't get a satisfactory resolution, you may need to escalate. DoNotPay makes it easy for you to sue a company in small claims court and has been recognized by the American Bar Association's Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access.
All you need to do is simply download the app and use the world's first robot lawyer to find the justice you deserve.
Use DoNotPay to Dispute IKEA Payment
Are you ready to dispute IKEA's payment but don't know where to start? DoNotPay has got you covered in a few simple steps.
Here's how to get started
- Search for the Cancel Anything product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of the company you need to cancel your order/payment with.
- Answer a few questions about whatever you need to cancel so that we can compose a cancellation letter.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on composing a cancellation letter for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you cancel orders is just one of the many problems we can help you solve.
Here are other services you can enjoy on DoNotPay:
- Skip the phone queue for any company
- Help to create a virtual credit card
- Sue any company or anyone in small claims court
- Help to get airline flight compensation
- Help to find free trials with no charges
- Help to negotiate hotel bill
- Help with bills you are unable to pay
- Help to find chargebacks and refunds
- Help to bypass phone verification using burner phones
With DoNotPay, you can enjoy fast and convenient IKEA order cancellation services and avoid losing shipping charges to bureaucratic red tape. It's easy to use and available at the click of a button. Try us today!