How to Cancel Your GameStop Order Effortlessly
If you are a gamer or enjoy spending your downtime indulging in electronics like Playstations and Xbox systems, you are likely familiar with GameStop. As one of the largest and most popular purveyors of electronics and game equipment in the United States, GameStop has locations in almost every major city. Even if you love GameStop's products, odds are, you might run into an issue when shopping the company's website from time to time.
If you need to , you've come to the right place. This guide will walk you through what you need to do to handle your GameStop cancel an order on your own and how to use DoNotPay to quickly, easily, and successfully contact GameStop about canceling your order.
Are You Able to Cancel an Order Through GameStop?
While many people like to shop in-store at their local GameStop, shopping online is a convenient way to find good deals and pick up your favorite games without leaving the comfort of your home. Shopping online is easy, but it can also present some unique challenges. For example, you might place an order and then realize after the fact that you don't need the item you just ordered.
If you need to , here are some things you should know:
- According to the GameStop website, you can cancel an order only if you place the cancellation before your credit or debit card is charged.
- To cancel the order immediately after it is placed, you can navigate to the My Account portion of the GameStop website. From there, select the Orders tab and click on the order that you wish to cancel. If it is eligible to be canceled, you should be able to click Cancel from there.
- If your card is charged and you can’t cancel the order through the GameStop website, you will have to request a formal cancellation by reaching out to the GameStop customer service team.
How to Cancel a GameStop Order
If your order has already gone through, and you can’t cancel your order online, you have a few options. All of them involve reaching out to GameStop directly and requesting a cancellation.
|Request a GameStop cancellation over the phone||One way to request a formal cancellation is to call GameStop at 1-800-883-8895. Be prepared to wait a little while on hold, depending on the call volume. Once you get hold of a representative, explain that you placed an order that you want to cancel. If the representative can cancel the order, they can help walk you through the process. They might have to take your information and call you back, depending on the specifics of the item that you ordered.|
|Contact GameStop via email||You can email GameStop, requesting an order cancellation. Ensure to include all applicable order details in the email, including your order number, why you want to cancel the order, and any account information you want to share. GameStop customer service will likely reply to you within 3-5 business days, hopefully with a resolution to your request.|
|Go to your local GameStop store||Finally, you can go to your local GameStop to request an order cancellation. When you go, ask to speak to a manager about the order you want to cancel, and describe to the manager why you want to cancel the order. There are some drawbacks to this method - sometimes, GameStop in-store employees operate separately from the online storefront, and there's a chance that they might not be able to process your order cancellation for you.|
DoNotPay Can Help You Request a GameStop Order Cancellation
If you want to cancel a GameStop order, turn to DoNotPay. DoNotPay is the fast, easy, successful way to request an order cancellation. When you use DoNotPay, you won't have to spend hours talking to customer support, trying to get your unwanted item canceled.
- Search for the Cancel Anything product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of the company you need to cancel your order/payment with.
- Answer a few questions about whatever you need to cancel so that we can compose a cancellation letter.
That's all there is to it. Once you submit the details of the GameStop order, we'll work on composing a cancellation letter for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay can help you with any sort of order cancellation that you might need. Here are some ways DoNotPay can work with you to get your active orders canceled:
- How to cancel an eBay order
- Learn how to cancel a Cash App payment
- How to cancel a Walmart order
- Learn how to cancel an Etsy order
- Cancel a United flight
- Can you cancel a Zelle payment?
- Learn how to cancel a Southwest flight
- Cancel a DoorDash order
- How to cancel a Venmo payment
- How to cancel a PayPal payment
Helping you cancel anything is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- Paying bills
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
- DMV appointments
- Filing a complaint
- Missing money issues
- Reduction of property taxes
- Free trials