How To Recover Your Gmail Password Even Without a Phone Number or Recovery Email
In today's society, we find ourselves bombarded with technology. Sometimes, when things go smoothly, technology acts as our friend. We save time and effort with various technological advances. But, when we experience technical glitches such as forgetting a password, technology may become a significant stress inducer. Luckily, DoNotPay allows you to recover your Gmail password without a backup retrieval method or two-step authentication.
Our online world requires us to keep track of multiple passwords. Do you know that part of your brain that memorized phone numbers? We should use it to remember passwords, but it doesn't seem to work that way.
To keep our records secure, we're not supposed to use the same password for multiple accounts or write our passwords down. Retrieval methods such as recovery emails and phone numbers often get set up as we create an account, but those methods don't always work. We close out email accounts and change phone numbers. Few of us stop to think, 'wait a minute, isn't that my retrieval phone number?'
But, with DoNotPay, password retrieval becomes both secure and convenient.
Steps to Reset Your Gmail Password on Your Own:
Is it possible to reset your Gmail password when you've lost access to your old email and telephone number? Well, yes, you may experience success, but most likely not without screaming or experiencing hair loss. Check out these steps to try and retrieve or reset your Gmail password:
- Go to Google Account Recovery
- Enter the email address
- Click on 'Try another way'- This will bring up a recovery method you most likely can't access.
- Click on 'Try another way" again.
- Wait 48 hours
- Check your email for a recovery link
The steps above may seem relatively simple, but if you're trying to print out a document at the airport, you most likely can't wait hours or days.
What Happens if You Don’t Receive the Retrieval Link or Can’t Access Your Gmail Account?
Let's face it, losing access to your Gmail account will potentially cause tremendous stress. Important business and personal notifications may sit waiting for your attention. So, what if your retrieval link doesn't work or doesn't show up at all? You might want to give these steps a try:
- Go to your phone settings for Google and turn off the two-step verification command.
- If you're still locked out, you may need to contact Google through the Help page and report that you need to recover your Gmail password. Next, get ready and wait three to four days for assistance.
- Make sure when you use the Google Help or Support Center, you indicate that you want assistance directly from Google Support and not the Community Forum. The steps below come directly from Google Support:
How to recover your Google Account or Gmail:
If you forgot your password or username or can't get verification codes, follow these steps to recover your Google Account. That way, you can use services like Gmail, Photos, and Google Play.
Tip: If you use an account through your work, school, or other groups, these steps might not work. Check with your administrator for help.
Forgot your password
- Follow the steps to recover your Google Account or Gmail. You'll be asked some questions to confirm it's your account. Answer as best you can. If you have trouble, try the tips to complete account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password that you haven't already used with this account. Learn how to create a strong password.
If all these instructions give you a headache, you're not alone. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers you a better way.
Reset or Recover Your Gmail Password Quickly and Easily With the Help of DoNotPay:
As the premier artificial intelligence online legal and social services provider, DoNotPay offers the perfect solution for retrieving and resetting lost or forgotten passwords. Check out the steps below and avoid hours or even days of stress:
DoNotPay Lets You Recover Your Password in 6 Simple Steps:
1. Go to the Recover Passwords product on DoNotPay and select the type of account you are trying to recover, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
2. Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails and phone numbers.
3. Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, and any payment methods saved under the account.
4. Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
5. Enter any last known or previously used passwords to help verify your identity.
6. Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Not Use DoNotPay To Help You Reset All Your Forgotten Passwords With the Click of a Button?
DoNotPay will help you recover and reset passwords for many of the services you rely on every day. Below, you'll find several examples. Just click on the links for step-by-step instructions:
Check Out How Else DoNotPay Can Make Your Life Easier:
At DoNotPay, we assist you with more than retrieving your forgotten passwords. Take a look at some of our other services:
- Set up your monthly and one-time payments.
- DoNotPay provides a quicker way to get a refund from charges that appear on your account whether they represent a mistake or fraudulent activity.
- DoNotPay also offers a virtual credit card service that ties into your credit card and provides you with an alternative payment method. This card especially helps when you can't access your regular credit or debit card due to holds brought on by fraud.
- If you need to cancel or alter your travel plans, count on DoNotPay to help with chargebacks regarding your airline and travel expenses.
To learn more about our mission and services and the part we can play in helping with your business needs, contact us today!