Wondering How To Fill Out a Fax Cover Sheet? Just Ask DoNotPay!
Faxing is making a comeback! Everyone who has to fax documents for business needs to learn how to do it properly.
Learning how to fill out a fax cover sheet is necessary to ensure your faxes end up in the right hands. This article will show you the best fax cover letter example and answer many other faxing questions on the way!
What Is a Fax Cover Sheet?
The fax cover sheet goes at the beginning of the fax. Its purpose is to identify the sender and indicate the receiver of the fax by displaying basic contact information.
Cover sheets give your faxes a professional appearance but also serve to protect documents from ending up in the wrong hands. That is especially important when you’re sending sensitive files, such as legal or medical documents.
How To Fill Out a Fax Cover Sheet—Example
Every cover sheet is different—depending on the fax type and individual needs of the sender—but you have to include general information every time. Cover sheets should present all relevant info but, at the same time, be concise and straight to the point.
Take a look at the most important elements every cover sheet should contain:
- Personal information—Include your and the recipient’s full name, email address, phone number, and fax number. Business faxes should have a company name and logo on the cover sheet as well
- Message for the receiver—Type in a few sentences about yourself and the reason for sending the fax
- Level of urgency—Indicate whether the fax is urgent or contains sensitive information. That way, the receiver will know that it requires special attention or has to be answered as soon as possible
- Number of pages in the fax—Write on the fax sheet how many pages your fax should have. This is a neat trick if you have to send your fax partially. You should include the cover sheet when you count the number of pages
How To Create Fax Cover Sheets Using Different Faxing Methods
The way you create a fax cover sheet depends on the faxing method you are using. Take a look at the detailed description of different ways to write a fax cover sheet:
Sending a fax via fax machine
|You can type a fax cover sheet yourself or use one of the templates available on the internet. After printing it out, place the cover sheet at the top of the pile of documents you want to fax. Documents need to be facing up in the fax machine feeder tray|
Faxing via an online faxing app or service
|Online faxing services require you to log in to your account on their website. After you select the option for sending faxes, the feature will display a window similar to email. You can use the required field to type in the message for the receiver. Another option is to attach the document that already contains the cover sheet|
Sending a fax via email
|Another way to fax is to register your email with the online service provider. After tapping on the Compose New Email button, you can type in the required fax cover sheet information in the subject field and the body. Attaching your cover sheet with the rest of the file is also an option|
Faxing a Document With DoNotPay Is Effortless
Faxing online has largely replaced fax machines. Every aspect of the process— including filling out the cover sheet information—has been made easy by internet faxing.
You can skip all other online fax providers— they are far too expensive for the average faxer’s needs. DoNotPay provides a great faxing experience at a low price.
By accessing our Fax feature from your web browser, you will be able to:
- Upload files fast
- Send up to 100 pages per month
- Fax documents automatically from any digital device, such as your computer, laptop, or smartphone— iPhone and Android
- Snap photos, including those of your checks and bills, and fax them easily
- Create, e-sign, and fax legal documents by combining our fax service with the Legal Documents feature
How Can I Send a Fax With DoNotPay?
To send a fax with DoNotPay, you only need to follow this simple procedure:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Find the Fax feature
- Select the option to send a fax
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the required field
- Upload the files you wish to send, including the cover letter
After you hit the Send button, DoNotPay will notify you that your file has reached the recipient in a matter of minutes.
Learn More About Faxing With DoNotPay
If you need more in-depth information about faxing, use our knowledge base to find out:
- How to fax multiple pages
- Whether fax machines are obsolete
- How to get a fax number
- When the first fax machine was invented
- How much it costs to send a fax
DoNotPay Leads the Way Against Spammers
Browsing the internet has never been more popular than today, but you must not forget to keep your private and financial information safe. You know you can cancel any streaming service or magazine subscription easily, but that won't stop them from using your personal details for marketing purposes.
DoNotPay has a solution for that!
To prevent that from happening ever again, use our card to sign up for free trials—not only will you not pay a dime for the service, but you will be automatically unsubscribed as soon as the trials are up!
If you want to avoid revealing your personal phone number, we'll generate a temporary burner phone for you so the company won't have any way to reach you.
Already Been Scammed? DoNotPay Knows the Way!
If you've already made the mistake and divulged your personal info to the wrong party or experienced any other kind of crime or injustice, you don't have to sit tight and suffer the consequences. DoNotPay can assist you in taking anyone to small claims court!
We'll help you gather evidence—correspondence proving stalking or harassment took place, customer service call recordings, denied chargeback and refund claims, online fax transcripts, or proof of copyright violation. Then, we'll fill out the relevant legal documents for you and draft a court script that you can use in your hearing.