How Do I Permanently Delete My Lyft Account?
Lyft is one of the most prevalent ride-sharing companies in the United States. With more than 50 million rides given per year and operations in hundreds of cities across North America, they have an enormous market share in the industry. But if you've stopped using Lyft, it's a good idea to delete your account with them. But what happens if you don't remember your password, or you don't have access to the account itself anymore? That's where DoNotPay comes in: as the world's first robot lawyer, it can help you in minutes.
How to Delete Your Lyft Account On Your Own
There are five steps to delete your Lyft account on your own.
- Visit Lyft's Data Privacy page.
- You can also download your personal data from that page before deleting your account.
- Click the "Delete Account" link and then select "Start."
- You will be prompted to select the reason you're deleting your Lyft account.
- Confirm your request by entering the word "DELETE" into the text entry box they give you.
If you don't have access to your Lyft account but you want to delete it anyway, you obviously won't be able to follow these steps. You can follow Lyft's account recovery procedures, send an email to email@example.com, or use DoNotPay's Recover Passwords product to regain access to your account.
Can I Delete With — A Summary
Note that it can take up to 45 days to fully delete your Lyft account, especially if you are doing it via email.
Reasons You May Want to Delete Your Lyft Account
There are a variety of .
- You may not use your Lyft account anymore and want to delete it, so they can't use your account data.
- You may disagree with changes to Lyft's Terms of Service.
- You may have been locked out of your Lyft account and just want to be done with it.
Issues You Might Run Into when Deleting Your Lyft Account
After you delete your Lyft account, you will be unable to download your ride history and other collected data, so it's crucial to do this before you delete your account. You can download your account data by signing in to Lyft's privacy data page and clicking the "Start" button. If you don't have access to your Lyft account, you may want to recover your password before you delete your account.
Lyft may also be unable to delete your account if there is an active trust and safety issue under investigation.
There is also no way to undo deleting your Lyft account, so if you choose to reinstate it, you'll have to create an entirely new account.
Delete Your Lyft Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that's it! DoNotPay will submit a demand letter to the service provider on your behalf, verifying your account ownership and requesting for your account to be deleted. We'll also ask for all of your personal data associated with the account to be deleted under the rights granted to you through data privacy regulations. You should hear back from them directly via email for more updates regarding your issue if they have any further questions or concerns.
DoNotPay is the fastest, easiest way to delete your unused Lyft account, especially if you don't have access to the account anymore. Instead of having a complicated conversation with Lyft's support staff, all you have to do is enter your information once in the app, and DoNotPay takes care of the rest! It's also successful: you know we will make the best case for you, so your account will be deleted expediently.
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies With the Touch of a Button
DoNotPay doesn't just help you with deleting just about any online account. Here is a sampling of popular apps you may want to consider closing in order to protect your data:
- Delete Facebook Account
- Delete Instagram Account
- Delete Paypal Account
- Delete Gmail Account
- Delete Amazon Account
- Delete Uber Account
- Delete Venmo Account
- Delete eHarmony Account
- Delete AOL Account
- Delete Yahoo Account
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
It isn't just deleting accounts that DoNotPay can help you do. In the DoNotPay app, you can:
- Apply for a fishing license
- Create virtual credit cards so you aren't charged after free trials
- Establish a power of attorney
- Notarize any document
- Get certified copies of a birth, marriage, or death certificate
And much, much more! DoNotPay can save you a lot of time and trouble in life by cutting out the bureaucracy.
Delete Lyft Account In 2022 — Frequently Asked Questions
Can I delete my Lyft account and start over?
Once you delete your Lyft account, it can no longer be recovered. If you would like to start over, you need to register for a new account.
How long does it take to delete my Lyft account?
It can take up to 45 days for Lyft to delete your account.
How can I contact Lyft's customer service team?
If you would like to speak to someone at Lyft, you may contact their helpline at 855 865 9553.