How to Cancel Your PS Now Subscription Instantly
Sometimes you get a subscription to a service or product and use it regularly. After a time, however, you may notice that your needs or interests change or shift and you don't use that subscription anymore.
Just because something doesn't meet your needs anymore doesn't mean it's a bad or useless service, but it does mean that you don't wish to pay for something you won't use anymore. Most people go by the reasoning, "Why pay for it if I'm not going to use it?". That's a fair point.
However, sometimes you will find that companies don't want to make it so easy to cancel your subscription. They will constantly badger you with questions, or they might make you end up following multiple steps to cancel something that should be quick and simple to cancel. The point is that they want to discourage you from canceling their service so they continue to make money and you continue to lose money on a service or subscription that you don't use anymore.
DoNotPay has a simple solution to this situation that will save you the frustration of having to cancel your subscription on your own with a PS Now and other services. We offer a variety of tools that can help you cancel your subscription without having to go through all of the rigmarole and the steps of canceling your unwanted subscription services on your own.
What Is PS Now?
PS Now stands for PlayStation Now, which is a service that allows you to get a variety of video games for your PlayStation live and on-demand. You can play hundreds of different PS5 games on-demand and with unlimited pay when you subscribe to this service.
You can pay $9.99 for a month-by-month subscription, $24,99 for a three-month duration, or $59.99 annually for your membership. Only certain games that PlayStation chooses to keep on the service are available to play. It won't include all PlayStation games that you may want to play, and you will have to pay extra for access to other games through other subscription services.
How Do I Cancel My PS Now Subscription on My Own?
If you have a PS Now subscription and are not finding the games on the subscription to be ones that you often play. Maybe you are moving on in your life and playing different games or don't have as much time for gaming as you once did. Whatever your reason is, many people want to cancel their subscription to a video game service and aren't sure how to go about it.
The following are some ways that you can cancel your PS Now subscription to save yourself money on a service that you are no longer using:
- Log On to Your Account: You can cancel your PS Now account by simply logging on to your PlayStation account and selecting "Settings" then go to "Account Information" and then select "PlayStation Subscription". Choose the subscription(s) you want to cancel and then follow the prompts to complete the cancellation process.
- Use The PlayStation App: You can also download the PlayStation App for either your Android or iOS. Log onto your account and click on the smiley face logo in the corner of the screen to manage your account, your expenses, subscriptions, and other purchases for your PlayStation device.
- Contact Support: You can contact PlayStation Now customer support to get help with your subscription (including cancellations) by calling 1-800-345-7669.
These are the ways that you can cancel your PS Now subscription on your own. It can be frustrating to have to follow through the steps on your own on the app. If you struggle to figure out the process yourself, then you may find it frustrating to try to contact support. Sometimes long wait times, or support agents who try to talk you out of canceling your subscription or give you a hard time while you are canceling. It's all a hassle that just creates more problems and headaches for you.
What Potential Problems May I Have When Trying to Cancel a Subscription?
There are lots of different things that can go wrong when you want to cancel your subscription to PS Now (or any service for that matter). These challenges can take up your time, which can be both frustrating and irritating to deal with when all you want to do is terminate a service. The following are some things that may make an otherwise simple ask more complex:
- Long wait times to speak to a representative for assistance with canceling your subscriptions
- Seemingly-endless questioning from representatives on why you are canceling your subscription
- Representatives making you feel bad for ashamed for wanting to cancel your plan
- Unhelpful customer service representatives who ask too many questions about why you want to cancel your subscription
- Difficulty removing your credit card information from your account after past subscriptions were activated
- Having to manually cancel your account after you subscribe and in time to not be charged for another month's worth of subscriptions
- Too many steps to follow to cancel your subscription that it makes it confusing to do on your own
- Websites being down when you want to cancel subscriptions
- Forgetting your ID/password to the accounts you need access to cancel your subscriptions
- Being forced to pay termination fees to close your account
These are some of the reasons that people dread having to cancel a subscription service. Companies love to make something that is otherwise simple and more complex. They like to "guilt" you into staying and doing anything they can to keep your business. In the end, it is a real turn-off for many people and keeps them not wanting to renew the service if they would use it again in the future.
What Kinds of Free Trails Does PS Now Offer?
PS Now offers a seven-day free trial of their service, but as soon as the trial is over then you will automatically get billed for the first month's subscription. You will be charged through "Auto Renewal" and required to pay immediately upon the trial terminating unless you cancel before your seven-day trial is up.
What Are the Best Alternatives to PS Now
Here are the top alternatives to PS Now that you can choose from:
|Nvidia Geforce Now||$4.99/month||1000 plus games ready to play|
|Google Stadia||$10/month||You can get instant access to a collection of games with a 1-month Stadia Pro trial.|
|Xbox Game Pass||$24.99/month||Has a library of over 100 high-quality games|
DoNotPay Can Help You Cancel Your Unwanted Subscriptions
DoNotPay offers a variety of tools that will help you cancel your unwanted subscriptions. We are here to help you save both the time and aggravation of having to cancel every subscription that you no longer use on your own.
Saving yourself the frustration and nuisance of having to cancel your subscriptions on your own is as simple as following these 3 steps to let DoNotPay do the canceling for you:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once your subscription is canceled, DoNotPay will notify you that your subscription was canceled. We will send the details of the date that your subscription was canceled and all of the pertinent details, so all you have to do is submit the information and we will take care of the rest.
What Else Can DoNot Pay Do?
We are glad that you asked! DoNotPay has designed a variety of smart tools that can be used to help you save both time and money in your daily life. There are a variety of ways that we help you do these things, and some of them include the following:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling unwanted subscriptions or memberships
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Stopping text spam
Other than PS Now, we can also help you cancel:
Whether you want to cancel your unwanted subscriptions or are looking to lower your utility bills, we are here to help. We can help you avoid excessive banking or credit card fees as well as get reimbursed for expenses that you should not have had to pay in the first place.