How to Cancel Optavia For Good
Anyone who has tried to lose weight or make healthier lifestyle choices knows there are endless products and plans that promise to make it easy — for a price.
Optavia claims to have impacted more than 2 million lives, but reviews are mixed and it is expensive. If the diet plan isn’t working or the cost is blowing your monthly budget, you want to know how to cancel Optavia fast, before the next $500-plus charge hits your account.
Optavia memberships and orders can be canceled on the app or the company’s website, but there are many steps and the process can be confusing. To avoid any costly missteps, you can also let a third-party service like DoNotPay handle the cancellation for you.
How To Cancel Optavia Premier Membership and Stop Automatic Shipments
When you sign up for Optavia Premier, a meal kit is automatically shipped to you each month until you cancel. Canceling means you lose the extra discounts and rewards that come with a monthly membership, but you can still order kits if you want them.
To cancel in the Optavia app, follow these steps:
- Go to the Orders page.
- Click the ‘Manage Premier’ link.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Cancel Optavia Premier Membership’ link.
- Select the blue ‘Cancel Premier’ button to confirm.
- Make sure the Manage Premier page now says ‘Premier Membership Canceled.’
The process on Optavia’s website is slightly different:
- Go to the Account Page.
- Scroll down to the My Optavia Premier section.
- Click the ‘Cancel Premier Membership’ link on the bottom right.
- Select the blue ‘Cancel Membership’ button to confirm.
- Look for a green bar at the top of the Account page that says ‘Your Optavia Premier Membership has been canceled.’
If you have questions about the cancellation or prefer to speak to someone by phone, you can call 1-888-Optavia to cancel.
Sounds easy enough, right? In reality, the process hasn’t been smooth for many Optavia customers who thought they had canceled but later received orders or were billed for the membership. To avoid issues like these, you can use DoNotPay to easily cancel your Optavia membership by opening our app in your .
|Can You Cancel Optavia Via
How Do I Cancel My Optavia Box? Canceling a Single Order Before It Ships
Despite what you might think, canceling your Optavia Premier membership does NOT cancel your upcoming order. To cancel both, first cancel your subscription using the steps outlined above and then use the app or website to cancel your upcoming order.
To cancel your Optavia box in the app:
- Go to the Orders page.
- Click on the order you want to cancel.
- Below the order details, click the ‘Cancel order request’ button.
- Select the reason for your cancellation from the choices provided, then click the blue ‘Request order cancelation’ button below.
- Click ‘Done’ to close the window.
- Check the Order Details page to confirm the cancellation request has been submitted.
To cancel an Octavia kit on the website:
- Go to the My Account page.
- Scroll down to the Order History section and click on the order number you want to cancel.
- When the Order Details page pops up, click the ‘Cancel order request’ button.
- Choose your cancellation reason.
- Click the blue ‘Request order cancellation’ button and then click ‘Done.’
- Confirm the request has been submitted on the Order Details page.
The same steps apply to cancel your upcoming order if you’re not an Optavia Premier member and have never been, but it’s important to know that orders can only be canceled while they’re still processing and have not yet been shipped.
Problems Canceling Optavia and Customer Complaints
Separate processes for canceling Optavia memberships and upcoming orders is confusing enough, but even then the company makes no promises. Optavia does its best to honor cancellation requests, customers are told, but the process is not 100% guaranteed.
Customer complaints about canceling Optavia include:
- Orders processed and billed despite cancellation
- Shipments continuing to arrive after cancellation has been confirmed
- Charges for canceled orders that never shipped
- Difficulty getting refunds for returned products
The Better Business Bureau has recognized a pattern of similar complaints about Optavia related to processing refunds after returns or canceled orders. The organization says it will continue to monitor the business going forward. Anyone with a similar complaint is asked to report the issue to the BBB or the Maryland Attorney General’s Office.
Optavia and its parent company, Medifast, are also facing a class-action lawsuit over the company’s auto-renewal practices, which allegedly violate California law.
DoNotPay Can Cancel Your Optavia Subscription For Good
No one wants to spend days or weeks going back and forth with customer service, only to get the runaround or continue paying for unwanted products. Save yourself the time, aggravation and wasted money by letting DoNotPay cancel on your behalf.
To get started, open DoNotPay in your and follow three quick steps:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
From there, the task is ours. We will make sure the Optavia Premier membership is canceled, as well as any upcoming orders, and we can also negotiate for a refund on your behalf. We will let you know as soon as the process is complete.
If you have other subscriptions you’d like to get rid of, we can handle those, too. Customers frequently turn to us for help with hard-to-cancel memberships and services like Planet Fitness, Sirius XM, Massage Envy, Xbox Live, CVS CarePass and Epoch Payment Solutions.
Can’t Get a Refund from Optavia? DoNotPay Can Help You Sue in Small Claims Court
Legal action might not be your first thought when you feel cheated or wronged by a company, but if you’ve exhausted all other options, that’s the logical next step.
DoNotPay can help you file a formal complaint against Optavia or sue in small claims court without hiring a lawyer or burying yourself in months of paperwork. Our artificial intelligence technology makes it easy and affordable to recoup what you’re owed.
Known as the world’s first AI Consumer Champion, DoNotPay has been honored with the American Bar Association’s Louis M. Brown award for Legal Access. The award recognized DoNotPay’s efforts to make legal services accessible to people of all means.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Do?
DoNotPay’s technology solves all sorts of everyday consumer problems, beyond just canceling subscriptions. We can help save you money and time, protect your privacy, keep your financial information secure and so much more.
Try DoNotPay’s services to:
- Sign up for free trials without the risk of being charged
- Skip the queue and never wait on hold
- Reduce monthly bills
- Get hotel charges and fees waived
- Sign up for services using a burner phone number
- Prevent fraud by paying with a virtual credit card