How to Cancel Covered California Effortlessly
Do you have health insurance coverage through Covered California? Have you found a plan elsewhere that better suits your needs? If so, you'll need to figure out at the right time so you don't lose any money. Fortunately, DoNotPay is here to help you navigate the process.
How to Cancel Covered California
When you are ready to , you can do it yourself, but there are a few things you need to know when you get started. The time of the month you cancel your subscription will affect how you can cancel your plan.
Canceling Covered California Online
- You can sign in to your Covered California account to cancel your health or dental plan.
- You must place your request at least 14 days in advance of the date of termination
- Covered California recommends requesting plan termination at the end of the month
- Your health and/or dental insurance is not obligated to offer prorated refunds for your premium.
- If your new coverage starts at the beginning of the following month, you will have a gap in your health coverage.
Canceling Covered California by Phone
- If you need to cancel your plan with less than 14 days' notice, you must call Covered California Service Center, because the shorter requests are handled case-by-case.
- Alternatively, you can contact your health/dental insurance directly.
- To cancel your vision plan, you must call the vision insurance company directly.
Contact Covered California
If you need to cancel your insurance plan by phone or have another reason to speak directly to a representative with Covered California, you can reach out by phone.
|Available Languages:||Phone Numbers:|
|Arabic العربية :||(800) 826-6317|
|Cantonese 粵語:||(800) 339-8938|
|Mandarin 普通话:||(800) 300-1533|
|Hmong Hmoob:||(800) 771-2156|
|Korean 한국어:||(800) 738-9116|
|Russian русский:||(800) 778-7695|
|Filipino Tagalog:||(800) 983-8816|
|Armenian հայերեն:||(800) 996-1009|
|Farsi فارسی:||(800) 921-8879|
|Khmer Khmer:||(800) 906-8528|
|Lao Lao:||(800) 357-7976|
|Spanish Español:||(800) 300-0213|
|Vietnamese Tiếng Việt:||(800) 652-9528|
Service Center Hours
You can reach out to Customer Service five (5) days per week.
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
If you need to serve a legal notice, you must do this by taking it or sending it to Cover California's headquarters' security desk:
1601 Exposition Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95815
Contacting Your Insurance Company Directly
If you need to cancel your insurance directly through your insurance company:
- Visit the Contact Your Insurance Company page.
- Choose whether you want to cancel your Health, Dental or Vision provider
- A list of providers will be on your screen.
- Click the appropriate insurance provider to find their contact information.
Sue an Insurance Provider in Small Claims Court
There may be times when a company does not resolve your issues in a satisfactory manner. Whatever the problem, whether it is with Covered California or your specific insurance provider, or any other company, DoNotPay can help. Our award-winning service was recognized by the American Bar Association and awarded the Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access because we make the legal process affordable and accessible for everyone.
We can help you escalate the situation and sue a company in Small Claims Court. DoNotPay assists by sending out a demand letter, filing court documents, and even creating a personalized and compelling script for you to read in court. We will make sure you are confident and prepared.
DoNotPay Can Manage Many of Your Memberships and Subscriptions
If you are going through your bills and realize you have subscriptions or services you no longer use or need, or you are trying to eliminate bills and maximize your budget, DoNotPay can help you manage your subscriptions.
We can cancel a variety of memberships, subscriptions, and services:
How to cancel in 3 steps:
- Log in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your subscription! We'll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
If you are only trying to cancel an account/subscription because you lost access to your online account, DoNotPay has a variety of services to regain access. You don't necessarily have to go through the trouble of canceling one account just to start a new one.
DoNotPay can help you:
How Else Does DoNotPay Help?
DoNotPay provides a variety of services in addition to canceling services. We can also help you with:
- Handling Insurance Claims
- Notarized Documents
- Skipping Long Phone Queues
- Handle Credit Card Issues
- Risk-Free Trials
- Negotiating Your Hotel Bill
- Negotiating Your Bills
Whatever issue or concern you are facing, DoNotPay has a solution to save you time, money, and stress.