How to Cancel Your Bright HealthCare Insurance In 3 Steps
Bright Healthcare Insurance is a popular insurance company available in 17 states, mostly in the SW and SE regions. It's known for providing more personalized and affordable healthcare through their in-network healthcare providers, plus simplifying their insurance procedures.
What if you want to cancel your insurance plan in a hurry, though? Perhaps you're switching to a competing insurance and now without dealing with complications.
Let us help make the process easier using our DoNotPay app.
How to Cancel Your Bright Healthcare Insurance
If you want to on your own, Bright Healthcare is available to talk to by phone. This table will help you find the right information you need:
|Number to Call
|Individual or family plans
|For Medicare Advantage Plan
You won't receive refunds on premiums if you cancel during an effective date of coverage. You should also know that if you purchased Bright Healthcare through the federal Marketplace.org site, you need to go through the Marketplace website to cancel your policy.
No method is available on Bright's website to cancel. Calling them directly is the only way to cancel if you have a policy directly through the company. Of course, this means long wait times when your time is already limited.
Potential Problems in Canceling Your Bright Healthcare Insurance
The biggest problem you might face when canceling your Bright Healthcare insurance is being questioned by the phone rep about why you're canceling. Sometimes it's harder to get out of things than it is to get out.
No major problems have been reported over canceling policies at Bright Healthcare. Nevertheless, expect long wait times to even talk to someone, not including being required to explain the reasoning behind your cancellation.
Sometimes health insurance companies want to know why a client is canceling as a form of survey to help them serve their customers better.
What Do Bright Healthcare's Charges Look Like On My Statement?
Payment methods for Bright Healthcare are usually done by credit card where information on your statement is reportedly clear. However, they also offer:
- A Member Hub where you can pay easily by credit or debit card through their website.
- Payments by phone or mail are also acceptable. Checks are acceptable if you decide to go the snail mail route.
- Autopay is also available through the Member Hub.
Using autopay is sometimes problematic if you want to cancel your insurance right away. Bright Healthcare may charge you for another month if you don't call well in advance of when your premium is due.
Is Bright Healthcare Being Difficult? DoNotPay Can Help You Sue
It's not common for Bright Healthcare to be difficult with those who want to cancel their policy, or with any other issues. Anything can happen, though, and it may require you to file a lawsuit. For instance, they may refuse to cover you for a medical procedure they promised they would.
DoNotPay makes it super easy to sue companies like Bright Healthcare in small claims court, and we've been recognized by the American Bar Association's Louis M. Brown award for legal access.
What Are the Best Alternatives to Bright Healthcare Insurance?
While Bright Healthcare is known for being cheaper than many other health insurances, other insurances with cheaper rates are out there. A few notable are:
- Medicaid. You'll want to look into whether you're eligible for Medicaid in your state, which could give you free medical coverage based on your income level. If you fall within your state's poverty level for annual income, you may not have to pay anything for your medical needs.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield. Premiums at this well-established insurance company are about equal compared to many competitors, including Bright Healthcare. You also get wider coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Cigna. Another well-known insurance name, Cigna has comparable premium rates with expansive medical coverage. They're also known for having excellent dental policies.
DoNotPay Can Cancel Your Bright Healthcare Insurance Policy
Rather than wait on the phone at Bright Healthcare to cancel your insurance, we can do the work for you. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we'll work on canceling your insurance policy! We'll even try to get a refund on your behalf, if applicable.
DoNotPay Manages and Cancels All of Your Subscriptions with a Click of a Button
We'll help with more than just canceling your Bright Healthcare insurance policy. Our app helps you cancel any type of subscription or service, including from these companies:
We also help you deal with issues related to burner phones, credit cards, customer service, hotel bills, and other late bills.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
Rather than hire a real lawyer to take care of your legal problems, our AI technology helps you file documents and handle things in a more affordable way.
Join us today to cancel your Bright HealthCare Insurance in no time!