How to Get Help With Deposit and First Month's Rent?
Finding a decent place to live for you and your family that is also within your budget can be a real challenge. This is especially true when apartment complexes or rental houses charge a hefty deposit along with your first month of rent while you're still paying for your current apartment. The good news is that getting with DoNotPay couldn't be easier.
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer, and it was designed to help people like you stand up for themselves against large companies, get more done with less stress, and get help when facing financial issues. Learn more about how we can help you with your rent situation below.
You will find information about:
- Which kind of programs are available
- How you can access those programs
Rental Assistance Guides by State
How Long Does It Take To Receive Rental Assistance?
There are no hard and fast rules about how long it takes from the time you apply for rental assistance to when the funds get dropped into your account. Some agencies offer a streamlined process which makes the entire process take as little as a week or two. Others receive far more applications and have outdated systems, making the process take several weeks or months.
We understand that when you are , it can be hard to focus on anything else. Financial worries for you and your family are stressful beyond belief, which is why we designed the rental assistance tool to make the application process easier than ever.
Getting Help With Your Deposit and First Month of Rent on Your Own
Applying for rental assistance can be done on your own, but be prepared for it to take a couple of hours to complete in many cases. In order to apply for rental assistance on your own, follow these steps:
- Go to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) website and visit the rental assistance locator page
- Input your state or territory
- Scroll to find the agency most appropriate for your situation, and hit the link next to "Get Started"
- Review eligibility requirements carefully to determine whether you qualify for assistance
- Fill out the proper forms and upload the correct papers, following the instructions on how to submit them
- Wait to hear if your application was approved or denied
You can check your application status by logging into your account with many agencies, allowing you to see the progress being made on your submission. If you don't hear back for several weeks, that may mean your claim was denied, or the agency simply hasn't reached your request yet. If your application does get denied, you can always apply to another organization to receive rental assistance.
Unfortunately, many people get discouraged when their applications take a long time to be reviewed, or they end up getting denied outright. Numerous people that apply for rental assistance find the whole process so overwhelming and time-consuming that they never end up completing it. DoNotPay offers a better way to apply for rental assistance.
How to Get Help With Deposit and First Month Rent With DoNotPay
If you have already tried getting rental assistance on your own without success, or you don't even know where to start, don't worry! DoNotPay can handle the entire process for you when you follow these simple steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
And that's it! From there, DoNotPay will contact rental assistance organizations to try to get you the rental assistance you need. In the meantime, you can focus on other pressing matters without having to worry about writing rental assistance letters or calling nonprofits for help with your first month of rent.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Rental Assistance
Using DoNotPay to get rental assistance and other issues come with many benefits. Every DoNotPay product comes with the fact that it is:
- Fast – You don't need to spend numerous hours seeking help with paying your rent
- Easy – You don't need to struggle to fill in tedious forms or keep track of all steps involved in getting rental assistance.
- Successful – You can rest assured that we make the best case for you.
How Else Can DoNotPay Help Me?
Besides advocating on your behalf with rental assistance, DoNotPay can perform hundreds of other tasks for you, including:
- Obtaining burner phones
- Fighting property taxes
- Appealing banned accounts
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
- Connecting with prisoners
- Filing a formal complaint
- Deleting your Instagram account
- And much, much more!
If you're ready to check some pressing items off your to-do list, visit DoNotPay today to see which tasks we can do for you!