How to Secure Rental Assistance In Louisville, KY Quickly
Louisville, KY Rental Assistance programs help those who have been severely financially impacted by COVID-19. In the year 2020 alone, more than $10 million in rent assistance was provided to over 4000 Louisville households through the Cares Eviction Program. The following includes the most important things to understand about Louisville rental assistance and what you should do to make sure your application is improved. You will also learn how DoNotPay’s services provide the best chance of getting rental assistance in Louisville, KY.
How Do I Apply for Rent in Louisville, KY?
To apply for rental assistance to the Cares Eviction Program, you're going to have to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled online through the Louisville, Kentucky government website or by making a phone call. The appointment time is the concrete deadline that you have to either submit your documents to the Dropbox portal or simply submit them online through regular field submission.
All documents that you need to submit your application have to be submitted together in a group. The required documentation that you're going to have to put into the application includes:
- Your landlord/tenant agreements, which have been completed by both parties.
- A picture ID
- Your Social Security number
- A copy of your current lease.
If you happen to have any past-due rent, then you're going to have to make sure that you also attach a past-due written notice that shows the exact balance that is still required to pay. Social Security numbers are going to have to be provided for all members of the household, and if there is any member of the household that is under the age of 21, then there is going to be proof of age submitted to them. If you do not have a copy of your current lease, then you're going to have to make sure that you complete the Rental Agreement on page 3 of the landlord/tenant agreement.
Who Is Eligible for Rental Louisville, KY?
To be considered eligible for rent assistance, you have to be a resident of Jefferson County and suffer financial hardship that was directly linked to the COVID-19 pandemic. Alternatively, eligibility factors could also be that you are at risk for either housing instability or homelessness and have a household income that is either at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI).
How Long Does It Take To Receive Rental Assistance?
After you've submitted your application for rental assistance, you're going to have to give at least five business days before you can expect a response. Provided you’ve waited for longer than a week after you've submitted your application, you can send in an inquiry to check the status of your application by contacting the rental assistance department directly. You may also use the contact form to check in with the program officials if you're experiencing any problems with the online application.
How to Use DoNotPay to Get Rental Assistance
DoNotPay can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the 4 steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
Why Use DoNotPay to Help With Rental Assistance
Using DoNotPay's rental assistance service is a no-brainer. Our services are:
- Fast. DoNotPay helps you get approval quickly and easily.
- Easy. DoNotPay takes all of the difficulty out of the application process, moving you through the system with maximum precision and minimal strain.
- Successful. DoNotPay has cemented itself as one of the most reliable services for gaining grant approval.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to helping you acquire grants to help with rent, DoNotPay can also be of exemplary assistance in the following matters as well:
|Rental Housing Assistance Program||Paying Rent Today||Paying Rent to Avoid Eviction|
|Rental Assistance||Resources for Rental Assistance||HUD Rental Assistance|
|Government Assistance for Rent||Get Help With Rent||How Long Does It Take to Get Rental Assistance?|
- Rental Housing Assistance Program
- Rental Assistance
- Government Assistance for Rent
- Paying Rent Today
- Resources for Rental Assistance
- Get Help With Rent
- How Long Does It Take to Get Rental Assistance?
- HUD Rental Assistance
- Paying Rent to Avoid Eviction
Helping you with rental assistance is only a drop in the bucket of our services. These are just a few examples of how we can advocate for you:
- Paying bills
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
- DMV appointments
- Filing a complaint
- Missing money issues
- Reduction of property taxes
- Free trials
- Small claims court
Want to learn more? Register for your DoNotPay account here.