How to Get Rental Assistance In Alabama
Everyone falls on their luck at one point or another, and that's okay. We all need a little help sometimes, and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Each state typically has resources to help you get the financial aid you need to keep a roof over your head or utilities on, but how do you get rental assistance in Alabama?
DoNotPay can help you find the resources you need in your state or city. Some resources may be specific to an area, regardless of the state you live in. Whether this is the case for your area or not, DoNotPay is sure to help you find the assistance you need.
Understand that the need for rental assistance does not mean:
- That you are taking advantage of the government
- That you are not working hard enough
- That you have done something morally wrong
People are sometimes led to believe that they are doing something wrong if they apply for assistance, but that is not true. Do not let anyone convince you that you are doing something wrong if you need rental assistance.
Rental Assistance in Alabama
It is essential to know about the existing rental assistance in Alabama. The state can help both renters and landlords with rental assistance. Recently, the pandemic has put a dent in the wallets of thousands of people, whether they've been laid off from their job or received a pay cut. Landlords have been unable to collect rent from some of their tenants, and they aren't always allowed to evict those people who can’t pay due to a rent freeze.
State Governor Kay Ivey authorized the AFHA to implement a new rental assistance program on February 12, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic that's currently ongoing. It's entirely funded by a $263 million congressional grant under the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021.
The ERAP helps tenants and landlords cover up to 3 months of past-due and currently due rent, as well as utility bills. However, there are some requirements you have to meet to gain access to these funds.
How Do I Apply for Rental Assistance in Alabama?
The process typically goes something like this:
- Go to Alabama's ERA website
- Click 'Apply or Login'
- Create an account if you haven't previously done so
- Start filling out the application. You may have to submit pay stubs or other income information.
- Call the listed number if you have any questions or need help filling out the application
- Submit your application!
Filling out the application can be confusing, and if not done right, it may leave you unable to claim the assistance you need. There are a few other programs that can help out with rental assistance if needed. The qualifications may be different, so if you don't qualify for one program, you may be eligible for another.
|Name of Program||Type of Aid||Phone Number||Application Link|
|Housing Authority of the Birmingham District||Housing||(205) 324 - 0641||Application|
|Tuscaloosa County Emergency Rental Assistance||Housing, Utilities||(888) 472 - 0027||Application|
|Mobile County Treasury Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance||Housing, Utilities||(855) 209 - 4970||Application|
Apply for Rental Assistance in Alabama With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you apply for rental assistance in Alabama without all the hassle you'd have to go through. You wouldn't have to spend forever filling out forms or waiting on hold with a call center to fill out your application for emergency assistance. Doing any of that can be frustrating, but DoNotPay can help rid you of your frustration and anxiety in just a few quick steps.
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the four steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
And that's it! DoNotPay will quickly and easily help you get the assistance you need.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Rental Assistance in Alabama
DoNotPay is the easiest way to get help with any problem you may have. The website is essentially an online lawyer, so you hardly have to worry about anything you put in their hands. Plus, you hardly have to do any work. DoNotPay is:
- Fast - You don't have to spend hours filling out applications
- Easy - You don't have to wait on hold trying to get someone to help you fill out the application
- Successful - You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can do almost anything, whether your issue is a legal or everyday problem. As said above, they're an online lawyer, so whatever your problem may be, you can be sure they'll help settle it for you. Aside from helping you get rental assistance in Alabama, DoNotPay can also help you with the following:
Don't miss out on your chance to get the help you need from DoNotPay.