Most Updated Resources For Rental Assistance
If you needed to find resources for rental assistance, would you know how and where to look? More Americans than ever before are struggling to pay basic life-sustaining needs such as rent.
This post will highlight some of the common resources for rental assistance and the process involved in obtaining those resources. Then, we will show you how fast and easy it can be to find resources for rental assistance using a service from DoNotPay.
How Bad Are Americans Struggling With Paying the Rent?
If you know where to look, there are many resources available to assist you in paying your rent. When most people hear the phrase ‘rental assistance,’ their thoughts automatically turn to the government housing authority and overcrowded, underfunded housing projects in major metropolitan cities.
While that does account for a large number of Americans using the rental assistance provided by our government, it is not the only resource available.
According to September 2020 data recorded by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, the following is both intriguing and disturbing.
- One in six U.S.This or 17% say they are either behind or struggling to pay rent. That calculates to 13 million people
- One in four Black Americans reported being at least two months behind on rent.
- One in five Latino Americans reported being at least two months behind on rent.
- Households with children were twice as likely to be behind on rent.
It doesn't take much information like that to tell you that Americans are struggling to pay for basic life-sustaining services, like rent.
Where the Search for Rental Assistance Begins
The first stop for those with rent-paying issues is often our Federal Government. The U.S. does have a whole department dedicated to providing qualifying Americans with resources for rental assistance.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has programs designed to provide rental assistance like;
|Section 8 Housing||This is an income-based program providing low-rent solutions for families in all 50 states.|
|Public Housing||These are government-controlled apartment complexes for Americans with disabilities, the elderly, and low-income families.|
This is where most struggling families turn to when needing rental assistance.
HUD also maintains several databases for rental assistance like the one for contacting your local housing authority, searching for low-income rentals, rental assistance available in your state, the section 8 voucher program, and low-income rentals with tax credits.
While these are all very good resources for rental assistance, they do come with their pitfalls.
Trying to Get HUD Benefits
Again, referring to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, the single factor affecting most government-subsidized rental assistance programs is them being underfunded.
Besides the in-depth, time-consuming, and confusing requirements set forth by HUD for admittance into a rental assistance program, the average wait time to receive these benefits is two and a half years!
During this wait time, these individuals and families are subject to homelessness, overcrowding, eviction, and other factors that have them looking for rental assistance, to begin with!
Isn't there an easier way?
There is a much better way to find resources for rental assistance by using the services of DoNotPay!
Learn How to Use DoNotPay to Find Resources for Rental Assistance
DoNotPay was designed and implemented to level the playing field and make things quick and easy to accomplish. The rental assistance tools from DoNotPay are the FAST, EASY, and SUCCESSFUL way to find the resources for rental assistance you and your family need.
How to apply for rental assistance with DoNotPay
We can compose a letter to your local housing authority based on your situation and inquire about your best options for receiving assistance. Here are the 4 steps:
- Search for Rental Assistance on DoNotPay.
- Put together a list of your income, debts, expenses, and assets. If you need help accessing information like your credit report, DoNotPay can help you get your report.
- Let DoNotPay collect your basic information and compose a letter to your local housing authority requesting rental assistance.
- Lastly, DoNotPay will send your letter to your local housing authority.
And that is all! DoNotPay will be hard at work on your behalf finding the best solution to your rental assistance issues without being bounced around from program to program only to have a lengthy waiting period to follow you.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay for Finding Resources for Rental Assistance
DoNotPay is your one-stop and all-inclusive information hub on the web. The issues that affect you and your family are the issues that DoNotPay loves to meet, head on!
Giving you the best opportunity to succeed when life throws you a curve is a byproduct of DoNotPay! Look at these reasons to use DoNotPay when the road ahead gets bumpy!
- DoNotPay is fast! With a few clicks and some basic info, DoNotPay will be hard at work for you and your family!
- DoNotPay is easy to use! If you can answer a few basic questions the DoNotPay team will handle the heavy lifting!
- DoNotPay delivers successful results! To date, DoNotPay has successfully resolved thousands of issues with a happy ending and yours can be next!
With DoNotPay, you can put your best foot forward in situations like the one you are now facing!
What Else Can I Do With DoNotPay?
Finding you the resources for rental assistance is just the beginning of what you can do with DoNotPay at your side.
Look at these other rental-related issues you can navigate through using DoNotPay!
- Learn about rental housing assistance programs
- Learn about rental assistance
- Learn about ERAP
- Learn about Government assistance for rent
- I need help paying my rent today
- How to get help with rent
- How long does it take to get rental assistance?
- Learn about HUD rental assistance
- Learn about the help on paying rent to avoid eviction
Why not go to DoNotPay and see how fast and easy it can be to find resources for rental assistance!