Cancel Save the Children in less than two minutes
Save the Children is a charity organization that aims at providing provision and protection for children in need. You can donate money to them on a one-time basis, set up a monthly donation, or sponsor a child for the long term.
How to cancel Save the Children manually
If you opted for a monthly donation or started sponsoring a child sometime in the past, but don’t have the means to continue doing it now, you’ll want to cancel your donation or sponsorship.
If you want to cancel Save the Children, you can do it:
- Over the phone
- By email.
Cancel Save the Children by phone
If you want to cancel your donation quickly, the phone is probably going to be your first pick. If you wish to speak to a live agent, here's what you need to do.
- Call 1-800-728-3843 and wait in the phone queue for an agent to pick up.
- Talk to them and ask them to cancel your account.
- Provide your account information.
- Make sure to ask the agent for a confirmation email or number. You want to keep it as proof that you have canceled your donation.
Cancel Save the Children by email
If you don’t feel like spending too much time on phone queues, you’ll probably try to cancel your donation via email. It might take some time for them to respond, but it’s worth a shot. You’ll need to follow these steps:
- Send an email with your account information included.
- Request to have your account canceled.
- Ask for a confirmation number or email in reply. Keep it as proof.
- Send your email to their support center.
|Can you cancel with||Yes / No|
Potential problems when canceling Save the Children
When you try to cancel your recurring Save the Children donation or your sponsorship, you'll probably have to deal with long phone queues and seemingly infinite wait to get a response to your email. Sometimes it can take months—in which period, of course, you're charged as usual—to cancel your donation. It's far from impossible, but you do need some persistence.
Cancel Save the Children with the help of DoNotPay
If you need to have the donation canceled quickly, or don't want to put so much energy into a mere service cancelation, we offer a much easier way. Use DoNotPay to cancel your donation in less than two minutes, with next to no effort. If you opt to use our app, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Access the DoNotPay app in your web browser.
- Click "Find Hidden Money."
- Type in “Save the Children” as the service you want to cancel.
When we have canceled your donation, we’ll send an email of confirmation to let you know.
What does Save the Children charges look like on my statement?
The charges made by Save the Children show up on your credit card statement in one of the following forms.
|BB *SAVE THE CHILDREN 800-728-3843 CT||BB *SAVE THE CHILDREN|
|SAVE THE CHILDREN||SAVE THE CHILDREN FEDERATION INC|
|SAVE THE CHILDREN 800-728-3843 CT|
Will Save the Children let me pause my subscription instead of canceling?
You can’t technically pause your donation, but you can resume them at any time after cancelation. However, if you want to stop sponsoring a child, they'll probably find another sponsor immediately. While a child can have two sponsors (should you decide to keep sponsoring it after a pause), it is perhaps more useful to choose another child in greater need.
What are the best alternatives to Save the Children
If you want to support other children-oriented charities, some do excellent work in helping their protégés.
Let DoNotPay monitor all of your subscriptions for unused services
Did you know that, on average, one in ten millennials in the USA spends at least $200 on monthly subscriptions? If you’ve ever felt like your money is magically disappearing, you’re not alone—the unbelievable 87% of Americans don’t even realize what they’re spending their money on!
DoNotPay can help you with monitoring your subscriptions, which can help you track your expenses. The app will analyze how you use your subscriptions, recommend which ones to cancel, and then help you cancel them!
What else can DoNotPay do?
There are many other pesky little chores DoNotPay can help you with. Using our app, with little time and even less effort, you can:
- Cancel any service or subscription
- Get compensation for delayed and canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Make virtual credit cards to avoid being charged after your free trial.
- Get an appointment with the DMV faster
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Fight speeding tickets
- Jump the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps