How to Cancel ExpressVPN Without a Fuss
ExpressVPN is one of the most popular software products that specializes in providing a virtual private network. The VPN service is described as a security and privacy feature that encrypts a user’s web traffic and conceals his or her IP address.
How to Cancel ExpressVPN On Your Own
You can cancel your ExpressVPN plan by yourself on the company’s website or via live chat customer support.
Can you cancel with
|Yes / No|
Cancel ExpressVPN via Website
Here’s how you can sever ties with ExpressVPN on its website:
- Log in to your account
- Go to Subscription. Here you will see your subscription length and renewal date
- Click on or tap Manage settings
- Choose Turn off automatic renewal
- Confirm your choice on the next two pages
Your subscription will be canceled once you reach the page that says “Automatic Renewal is now OFF for Subscription.”
Even after canceling, you will be able to use ExpressVPN until the end of the paid period.
Please note that if you paid for your subscription with BitPay or Paymentwall, you will not see the Manage settings option. Instead, your subscription will terminate on the subscription date automatically.
Cancel ExpressVPN via Live Chat
Get in touch with ExpressVPN’s customer service by visiting their Support page, then selecting the Contact Support icon in the middle. A live chat window will pop up in the bottom right corner, so you can request the customer service rep to cancel your subscription.
DoNotPay Cancels Your ExpressVPN Subscription on Your Behalf
There’s no need to lose valuable time on canceling ExpressVPN on your own. The easiest way to save money and cancel your ExpressVPN subscription is to delegate this task to DoNotPay.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Open the DoNotPay app in any web browser
- Tap or click on the Find Hidden Money option
- Type in ExpressVPN so that DoNotPay knows which service to cancel
As soon as we’ve canceled your ExpressVPN subscription, we’ll notify you.
You can also connect your email or bank account to our app. We’ll go through your inactive subscriptions and recommend those you should stop paying for as soon as possible.
If You’re Not Happy with ExpressVPN, Try Out These Services
If ExpressVPN doesn’t quite cut it for you, look into some alternatives. Some of the most popular VPN providers are:
Does ExpressVPN Offer a Free Trial?
No, but all of ExpressVPN’s plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Does ExpressVPN Prorate its Cancelations?
Yes. In general, you can cancel your subscription within 30 days of your original purchase and receive a full refund.
ExpressVPN states that they will consider refunds beyond the 30-day purchase window if the user can demonstrate that:
- ExpressVPN’s service wasn’t available or usable during the subscription period
- The user tried to contact ExpressVPN to resolve the issue
In this case, the company might offer a prorated refund of the subscription charge for the time their service wasn’t usable or otherwise available.
Will ExpressVPN Let Me Pause My Subscription?
No, there is no possibility to pause your ExpressVPN subscription.
Say Goodbye to Undesired Auto-Renewed Subscription Fees
Did you know that, according to West Monroe Partners, the average individual pays 197% more for subscription charges than what they think? The oblivion regarding subscription-related costs is real for most of us (and our bank accounts).
If you suspect that you’re footing too high a bill for your subscriptions, DoNotPay can look into it for you and recommend which inactive subscriptions to cancel.
If you’ve been charged because you forgot to cancel a service after the free trial ran out, DoNotPay’s Free Trial Card will make sure this never happens again. Our virtual credit card prevents any auto-renewed subscription fee after the trial comes to an end —this way, you can sign up for free online trials with absolute ease of mind.
Our Free Trial Card:
- Appears legitimate to merchants
- Can’t get charged because it’s not linked to a real funding source
- Is designed specifically for free trial pages
DoNotPay Is Your Admin and Legal Sidekick
Think of DoNotPay as an indispensable tool that makes your boat go faster. Whether you need help with writing a cease and desist letter against your stalker, appealing a speeding ticket, or canceling other VPN services like NordVPN, we can guide you through every step of the process.
You can access DoNotPay from any web browser and get help with a bunch of things, such as:
- Getting rid of spam mail
- Contesting traffic tickets
- Tracking down scammers behind robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quickly
- Dealing with credit card problems
- Disputing parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Securing refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Appealing speeding tickets
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting refunds from companies
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Holding the line when calling with customer service