How to Cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield in Just 3 Easy Steps
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a health insurance provider that insures over 106 million people. It is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and has been operating since 1929. Unfortunately, is not easy to coverage because the BCBS System comprises 35 independent companies. It's not surprising that some companies have slightly different cancellation policies, even though they are in the BCBS system.
That said, canceling your policy isn't impossible. In fact, it can be quick, easy, and painless. In this guide, we'll walk you through how you can cancel BCBS coverage on your own. Then, we'll walk you through how you can use DoNotPay to cancel your policy quickly and easily. We even have bonus tips for you, like how DoNotPay can help you cancel any other service or subscription you no longer want, no matter how difficult the process is.
How to Cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield Health Insurance Yourself
To health insurance yourself, you need to call their customer service department at the number located on the back of your identification card. If you find you're having trouble getting in touch with a CSR, you can use DoNotPay's Customer Service product to get in touch with one without waiting on hold.
When you call, be sure you have your ID card handy if you haven't memorized your identification number. Also, be prepared to answer questions to confirm your identity, such as your legal name and date of birth. Finally, be prepared for a little pushback from the CSR. BCBS doesn't want to lose your business.
What if I Don’t Want to Call the Customer Service Department?
If you don't want to call the 1-888 number located on the back of your ID card, you can try to cancel your coverage online. To do this, take the following steps:
- Log in to your online account.
- Navigate to your email inbox on the BCBS site.
- Click Compose.
- Choose the appropriate message topic (Cancel My Plan).
- Fill out the request form online, including others on your plan you want to cancel coverage for.
- Submit the online form.
How to Cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage by Mail
To coverage by mail, take the following steps:
- Download the cancellation form.
- Fill out the cancellation form in blue or black ink with legible handwriting.
- Sign the cancellation form.
- Mail the completed and signed cancellation form.
Among the information you will be required to provide are:
- Your legal first name
- Your middle initial
- Your legal last name as recognized by the Social Security Administration
- Your date of birth
- Your plan ID number
- Your desired plan cancellation date
- Your reason for canceling your plan
The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association has two office locations:
|Chicago (Headquarters)||Washington, D.C.|
|225 North Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
|1310 G Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
How to Cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage by Email
To cancel your BCBS policy by email, you must download the cancellation form, print it out, fill it out legibly, including your signature, scan it into your computer, and attach it to an email. Since there are 35 independently operating companies under the BCBS shield, your BCBS health insurance provider has a unique email address.
Make sure you get the correct email address to send your cancellation request form to. There is no telling how long it will take your email to get to the right place if it is sent to the incorrect email address.
Use DoNotPay to Cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield Coverage Successfully
You can try to cancel Blue Cross Blue Shield coverage on your own by calling the number on the back of your ID card or filling out a long, complicated online form. However, there is no better way to cancel your plan than to use DoNotPay.
It only takes three quick and easy steps, and you can rest assured that your coverage will actually be canceled.
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
It may seem too good to be true, but it really is that simple. In fact, using DoNotPay to cancel your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance, whether you choose to use our website or convenient app, is easier than ordering food through a delivery service app. How awesome is that?
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Cancel?
One of the greatest things about DoNotPay is that its product isn't just applicable to canceling health insurance policies. It can be used to cancel any service or subscription quickly, easily, and successfully. For instance, you can use DoNotPay if:
- You're sick and tired of paying for the CVS CarePass subscription every month.
- You can't figure out how to cancel your Xbox Live subscription.
- You don't use your SiriusXM radio often enough to justify the exorbitant cost.
- You want to cancel your Planet Fitness membership.
- You no longer want to give The Epoch Times your money.
- You no longer feel it is worth it to pay for your Massage Envy membership.