All About the WestJet’s Price Match, Hold the Fare and Rewards Policy
There are many advantages to flying via , such as their "hold the fare" option, WestJet "dollars," vouchers, and flight benefits. However, or adjust their own prices if you tell them that you're getting a better deal somewhere else. If you're looking for an airline that will price match, you are better off trying Air Canada or British Airways.
If you're looking for the best deal on flights, DoNotPay can help you in many ways. DoNotPay's Price Match product can help you to get a price match from a company that offers you this option. If price matching is not offered by the airline, then you can use DoNotPay to find the best deals when it comes to flights. DoNotPay can also find you deals and coupons that will save you money.
Some Important Facts About WestJet
If you're thinking about , it might be useful for you to know the following facts:
- When WestJet started running in 1996, the idea was to provide people with a low-cost alternative to other airlines.
- Today, WestJet is the second-largest Canadian airline (Air Canada is the largest).
- WestJet will fly you to over a hundred places in Canada, the US, Mexico, South America, the Caribbean, and Europe.
- If you're trying to get a low-cost flight, you can try WestJet's "hold the fare" option or enroll in its rewards program.
- Below are the discounts that WestJet does offer:
How to Save Money Flying WestJet
If you're a savvy consumer, then you want to get the best price possible for all your purchases, and that includes airfare. There are a few options to save money while flying WestJet.
Hold the fare
Here's what you need to know about the "hold the fare" option at WestJet:
- It only applies to tickets purchased 30 days or more in advance. It doesn't apply to tickets for flights in the next 30 days.
- If you see that the price of the ticket you want to buy is low, you can put $10 (Canadian dollars) towards reserving that price for the next three days.
- If you're purchasing more than one ticket, you will have to put $10 down for each ticket.
- You can make the payment for the ticket within 3 days and still get that same low price you had found on the first day.
- If you don't make the purchase, you will lose the $10.
- The $10 doesn't go towards the price of the ticket. It is something extra that you pay for holding the fare.
- Once you've purchased the ticket, it is subject to the same terms and conditions as any other ticket. So you can cancel it or change it as you would any other ticket. Just keep in mind that certain fees may be applicable if you choose to do so.
WestJet also has a rewards program that you can join if you want to save on airfare and get other benefits. Here are some facts about this program:
- You'll need to create a WestJet rewards account to be a part of this program. Alternatively, you can apply for the WestJet RBC MasterCard or WestJet RBC World Elite MasterCard.
- Once you are part of the program, you will start earning WestJet dollars every time you book flights, vacation packages, cars, hotels, and insurance via WestJet.
- Each WestJet dollar is equivalent to one Canadian dollar and will be available in your account 30 days after your trip.
- Most WestJet dollars don't expire and can be used towards paying for future trips.
- Once you've spent a certain amount of money—$4000 and $6000—WestJet will also give you a companion voucher for a free trip anywhere that it flies to. At $8000, you'll qualify for even more benefits—either a companion voucher or some other reward option.
- You can also get a number of flight benefits, such as the waiving of fees for checked baggage and advance seat selection. Plus, you'll be prioritized when you go through security screening and when you are boarding the flight.
How Do You Price Match on Flights?
As you can see, WestJet does have some good money-saving options for its customers, but it doesn't offer to match/adjust prices. However, if you would like to price match, there are several booking websites and airlines which will give you this option.
|Booking websites||eDreams: If you've already booked your flight via eDreams and then you find a cheaper flight, eDreams will refund the extra money.
CheapOair: Like eDreams, CheapOair gives you the option of refunding the extra money if you find a cheaper ticket. Or it will cancel your flight and refund your money in full if you prefer.
FlightNetwork: FlightNetwork will beat the lowest price you can find by $10.
Travelocity: Once you book a flight on Travelocity, you have 24 hours to file a claim which will lead into a price match.
|Airlines||Qatar Airways: They have a best price guarantee which means that if you find a lower fare, they will match it.
Emirates: They also offer a best price guarantee which means that if you find a fare that's at least $20 less than what you paid them, they will refund you the difference.
British Airways: If you find a flight that costs less than what you paid them, British Airways will give you a voucher for the difference.
Air Canada: They will price match up to $50 per person.
Why Use DoNotPay for Price Matching and Finding Good Deals?
Flying can be expensive, so it's a good idea to do some price matching if you can. And there are a number of booking websites and airlines which will price match for you. But each of them has different rules and regulations governing their price match guarantee. Some of them may not even refer to it as price-matching, which confuses the situation even further.
So if you want to save some time, you can use DoNotPay. The DoNotPay interface makes price-matching very simple. All you have to do is find the Price Match product and enter all the information you have at hand about your flight. DoNotPay will do the rest.
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we'll double-check for you.
If the price match option doesn't work for you, you can also use DoNotPay's Find the Best Deals option. Just tell DoNotPay what you want to buy, and it will tell you the three best deals for your product. Alternatively, you can use DoNotPay's Deals and Coupons product to find the best deals and coupons for whatever you're looking to buy. As a savvy consumer, it makes sense to do what you can to save money and improve your finances.
Where Else Can DoNotPay Help You Price Match?
DoNotPay won't only help you for price matching when it comes to flights. You can use the Price Match product to get this service at several stores.
- Use DoNotPay to price match at Target.
- Use DoNotPay to price match at Best Buy.
- Use DoNotPay to price match at Walmart.
- Use DoNotPay to price match at Home Depot.
- Use DoNotPay to price match at Lowe's.
When you fly a lot, it makes sense to make use of the airline's price matching/price adjustment option. DoNotPay can help you to apply for this program through its user-friendly interface which makes the process much easier for you. And keep in mind that DoNotPay can also help you to price match at a number of stores where you shop. It makes sense to use DoNotPay and improve the state of your finances.