How to Take Advantage of Home Depot’s Price Match Policies
There are tons of stores that have a price match policy, and it's something they don't expect their customers to take advantage of. Some companies even offer better deals in their promotional catalogs, but, for some reason, don't have these prices set up in store. Given this, how can you take advantage of a ?
DoNotPay can help you get a price match or promotional offer at any store. Even if the store you prefer to shop at doesn't have a price match policy, you can still take advantage of the promotional prices their catalog promises. If you don't know where to start, DoNotPay will show you exactly what to do.
Does the Home Depot Have a Price Match Policy?
Yes! Home Depot has a great though they may have to contact the competing store to verify the price of an item.
|Price Matches:||Lowe's, Ace Hardware, local hardware shops|
|Exclusions:||Seasonal, clearance, liquidation, custom orders, third-party website orders, professional services, rebates or free offers, membership-based retail, competitor bid pricing, financed offers|
|Where to redeem:||Online and pre-checkout on in-store purchases|
The Home Depot's Price Match Policy Details
The an item at a competitor's location and beat it by 10%. You'll need to provide proof of the item price at check-out, and the associate may have to contact the competing store to make sure the price isn't due to a typographical error. They'll do this for just about any local hardware store, whether it's a small business or corporate location.
Their price match policy is referred to as the "low price guarantee", and can be used for almost any in-store or online purchase. For online purchases, the price match can be done after the purchase has been made. The purchase price from a competing retailer must include the shipping cost in the total for Home Depot to price match it.
For in-store purchases, the price match is done at the checkout. You will have to provide proof of a competing retailer's lower-priced, identical item in order to take advantage of this policy.
Take Advantage of Home Depot's Low Price Guarantee
Taking advantage of Home Depot's low price guarantee isn't necessarily hard, but it can be frustrating and have you spending a little extra time at the check-out lane. Not all associates may be well-versed in the matter either, so there's a chance someone will have to call for a manager who will then have to explain to the associate how to perform the task, and they still might have to contact the competitor too. Either way, saving a little money on an item can go a long way, so you shouldn't give up on the price match process.
- Bring proof of the competitor's price to Home Depot.
- Pick out the item featured in the store's price catalog and bring it to check-out.
- Inform the associate you wish to have a price match done on the item.
- The associate will likely contact the competitor.
- They will then perform the price match if eligible, and you'll be on your way!
- Find an identical item on a Home Depot competitor's website. Be sure the item is eligible to be shipped to your location.
- Provide proof to Home Depot's customer service that the competitor's price is lower, even with shipping costs added in.
- Home Depot will price match the item for you so you can purchase it from them instead!
Get Home Depot's Low Price Guarantee With DoNotPay
Getting a price match on any item can be pretty frustrating, but luckily DoNotPay makes the process much easier for you. Whether you're unsure how to go about the process, or you don't know if you're currently eligible for a price match, they'll help you figure it out. The service is simple and easy to use, and you don't have to worry about a thing when you're taking care of a problem through DoNotPay.
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we'll double-check for you.
If a store you're shopping at doesn't have a price match policy, be sure to check out two of DoNotPay's other money saving services.
- Find the Best Deals will provide you with three of the lowest-priced options for the product you wish to purchase.
- Deals and Coupons will find the best deals or coupons for the store you're shopping at.
DoNotPay Works Everywhere
The Home Depot isn't the only company DoNotPay can help you get a price match or discount for. DoNotPay can help you save money almost anywhere! Some of these stores include:
There are dozens, possibly even hundreds, of other stores, DoNotPay can help you find price match and price adjustment offers. Don't spend so much time trying to find discounts on your own when a service like DoNotPay can so easily do it for you.
That's Not All DoNotPay Can Do
It all depends on what you need help with. There are so many things DoNotPay can do that it's almost impossible to combine all of them into one list. Along with helping you get a discount or price match at just about any store out there, DoNotPay can help you with:
Don't miss out on your chance to save some fast and easy money with DoNotPay.