Does Expedia Price Match?
Expedia is an American online travel agency where customers can book flights, hotel reservations, car rentals, vacation packages, and cruise ships. You can access these services through the agency's official website or the Expedia app.
Expedia has an exciting reward program for its members where they earn redeemable points on every dollar they spend on Expedia's services. Better still, the guarantee allows customers to enjoy lower prices on hotel reservations if they find a similar hotel's offer online showing bookings at lower prices than those offered on Expedia for the same hotel.
Since not all bookings qualify, you may have difficulty matching the qualification criteria and submitting a price match request. However, through DoNotPay's Price Match product, you can quickly check whether your booking qualifies and send a price match request where applicable.
Does Expedia Price Match?
Yes. guarantee that outlines the circumstances under which a flight booking and a hotel reservation qualify for price matching.
According to the policy, a price match claim must be submitted before midnight on the day you check into the hotel. The time zone depends on the location of the hotel.
This table shows a summary of Expedia's price match guarantee.
|Time-frame||Before midnight (hotel local time) on the check-in day.|
|Price Matches||Any hotel that you can book through Expedia|
|Exclusions||Prices offered as membership rewards for the hotel's customers, the price offered as part of a package, expired price offer at the time of submission, price from a website with confidential information on the booking|
|Where to redeem||Contact Expedia's customer support online.|
Expedia's Price Match Guarantee Details
Expedia matches hotel prices through the Expedia Hotel Price Guarantee, which allows customers to enjoy peace of mind with lower prices on hotel bookings. This program is only available to members of the Expedia Rewards program.
A hotel booking qualifies for price matching if it meets the following criteria, as indicated in the Price Match Guarantee.
- The price of the hotel is lower than your booking price on Expedia for the same hotel.
- The lower price must be found online, where you can take a screenshot and copy the URL.
- The details on the offer for the lower price must match your booking on Expedia. Such details include room type, rate plan, applicable change, refund policy, property, hotel extras like Wi-Fi, and exact dates of travel.
- The request must be submitted before midnight on the check-in day.
On the other hand, some bookings may not qualify, and so you may not get a refund if you apply for price matching.
Bookings that do not qualify for price matching include the following.
- Prices offered as membership rewards for the hotel's customers
- Price offered as part of a package
- Expired price offer at the time of submission
- Price from a website with hidden information on the booking
How to Request for Expedia Price Match
Once you find the same hotel as the one you booked on Expedia offering lower prices than your booking price, the next step is to submit your request to Expedia before the specified time and see whether you can get a refund. Here's how to go about it.
- Confirm if your booking qualifies for a price match. Use the eligibility criteria listed above to confirm it.
- Contact Expedia's customer care to submit the request.
- Attach a screenshot of the hotel ad and a URL to the page where you found the ad.
- Expedia will verify your request and refund you the price difference.
It's that easy. Since the restrictions are quite strict, Expedia may reject your request if a tiny detail doesn't match your booking on Expedia. Also, Expedia has the right to change the guarantee with or without informing its members.
How to Request for Expedia Price Match With the Help of DoNotPay
Matching hotel bookings on Expedia may be quite frustrating and may not yield any results, especially if you are not keen on the details. While you can do it yourself and get a refund in the long run, you can save time and money if you do it through DoNotPay.
DoNotPay has a Price Match product that allows you to submit a price match request without any hassle. You'll only need to submit the required details to get started.
Here's how it works:
- Search for Price Match on DoNotPay and select the product.
- Select whether you were charged more than the advertised price or if you believe you are eligible for a price match.
- Provide the name of the product you purchased so we can see if it qualifies for a price adjustment. If you believe your desired item is qualified for a price match, we'll double-check for you.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send a letter to the company notifying the staff of the legal or Terms of Service violation and demanding a refund for the amount you were overcharged. You should hear back from the company within two weeks!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you find great deals while shopping, allowing you to save more money on every purchase.
DoNotPay will also help you get price-matching deals on the following retailers.
- Best Buy
- Home Depot
- Other stores that price match
Check out DoNotPay's Price Match product for more information.