Gamblin Protection: What to Do When Your Mom Is Addicted to Gambling
But what should you do when your mom is addicted to gambling?
We know you wouldn't want your loved one to come under the strain of excessive gambling. But dealing with a gambling-addicted parent or partner is pretty hard. And the effect of gambling can destroy homes on various levels.
You may want a quick recovery, but compulsive gambling in a parent is harder to beat. But your parent can also benefit from outside help. In this case, DoNotPay comes to your rescue. We can help you get an exclusion order for your gambler mom.
How to Tell if My Mom Has a Gambling Addiction
Gambling addiction is a disease with plain symptoms. If you notice these signs, then your mom might have a gambling problem.
- Avoiding family, work, and social gatherings
- Increasing debt profile
- Financial hardship
- Preoccupation with casino venues, lotto, and online betting sites
- Stealing to repay debts or gamble
- Inability to quit gambling despite repeated attempts
- Denial of the situation
How to Get an Elderly Parent to Stop Gambling?
When your mom's gambling problem becomes a concern, tackle the issue with haste. Let your mom understand some of the steps you wish to take to protect the family. It should start as a simple conversation. Hence, note these points when trying to manage a gambler mother:
- Urge your mom to see a licensed therapist
- Avoid making threats
- Be bold and serious
- Tackle gambling and not any other behavior
- Tell her about the negative effect of gambling on the family
- Don't attempt to control her life; else, it won't work.
- Make your parent understand you want to help
- Show that you're willing to support her to overcome the problem
Gambling addiction treatment methods depend on the individual. Once the person shows a willingness to stop gambling, you should seek help fast. One way to help support their recovery is to apply for an exclusion order from casinos.
Processing a third-party restraining request is not always easy. You have to deliver a letter via mail or in person to the casino club. If you fail to present a convincing fact, the betting company might reject your request. Here's a more fantastic reason to contact DoNotPay for help. That's because DoNotPay will draft the perfect third-party exclusion letter for you.
So, feel free to contact us whenever you want to help your loved one overcome gambling challenges.
What Should I Include in an Exclusion Order Letter?
An exclusion letter should include basic details about the gambler. So, items you may find in the letter are:
- Name and address of the gambler
- Venue of the casino
- Photo of the person with a gambling problem
- Duration of the exclusion order
- Reasons for requesting the exclusion order
How You Can Get an Elderly Parent to Stop Gambling Through a Third-Party Banning Request?
Third-party banning allows you to write to a casino site or venue to stop your family member from playing. If your mum is struggling with a gambling addiction, you contact casinos and betting websites to request an exclusion order.
Here are the processes to follow when requesting a third-party exclusion:
|Contact the Club||You will write a formal letter to the club to request a ban placed on your mom. Make sure you provide documents to show details of your allegations.|
|Meeting||The casino club meets with the gambler and family members. At the meeting, the club will ask you to prove how the gambler's actions affect the family's finances.|
|Declaration||You will make a statutory declaration that confirms your request. Again, reasons for demanding an order of exclusion.|
|Review||As of now, the club will review your request to see if there's enough evidence to warrant the exclusion.|
|Contacting the Addicted Gambler||If the betting company accepts the request, it will contact the addicted gambler. In writing, the club will ask the gambler to state reasons it shouldn't follow through with the ban request.|
If the club executes the banning decision, it will notify the problem gambler.
Filing a banning request is a long and tedious process. The gambling club may reject your application for want of evidence. That means you must show beyond doubt that a third party is at risk of gambling addiction.
You must understand the local laws to write a convincing banning letter. When you provide the casino's location, DoNotPay will reference the state's laws in your request.
Even with enough evidence, there could still be delays in granting your request. DoNotPay can help you win your parent back. We will check and fast-track the process through our Gambling Protection Tools.
Instead of battling with a gambler parent alone, reach out to us to use our gambling protection tools.
Here's what DoNotPay will do for you:
- We will draft a formal banning letter on your behalf
- Then you will deliver the letter to the Casino shop
- If not, DoNotPay can mail the request for you
- Once we deliver the letter, you will get an email notification from the gaming company.
One more thing, DoNotPay will follow up the letter to ensure the betting company treats your case on time.
How to Get an Elderly Parent to Stop Gambling Using the DoNotpay Gambling Protection Product?
Gambling addiction can wreck a happy relationship or home. Like substance abuse, quitting gambling is often tricky. But remember, you're never alone in the struggle. If you need help getting an elderly parent to stop gambling, here's what to do:
1. Search Gambling Protection on DoNotPay.
2. Enter the name of the casino and imethodsndicate whether it's online or in-person.
3. Tell us which state the casino is located in, or the state you're accessing the online casino from. DoNotPay will then find your state's self-exclusion laws and reference them in your request.
4. Select how long you want to be banned for (you can choose anywhere from 1 year to a lifetime!)
5. Answer a few of our chatbot questions so we can help the casino identify you or your online account. If you want to be banned from an in-person casino, it helps to provide information about your height, weight, race, and other identifying features.
6. Choose whether you want us to email the request to the casino on your behalf. You can also choose to notarize your document to legally verify your identity.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Solving your mom’s gambling addiction is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. These are just a few products that you would like to check out.